Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:22 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times

Advertisements

here is a fun little game. do a search on yahoo for the words "muslims outraged." then do one for "christians outraged." got almost 30,000 hits for muslims, but only 3000 for christians. why are muslims so easily offended? here is a link for their most current outrage, the police department in scotland put a puppy on a postcard. the reason for the outrage? muslims view dogs as being unclean.

Muslim outrage at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
Originally Posted by jmarquise
Quote:
the reason for the outrage? muslims view dogs as being unclean.
So?
Christians made it impossible for women to breastfeed their babies in a church.
As if God would be offended by a woman feeding her baby.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
a puppy on a postcard. need I say more? not a puppy in a mosque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by jmarquiseSo?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by jmarquiseSo?
But said breastfeeding woman doesn't have to fear getting stoned to death, either.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 AM

599 posts, read 1,261,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
here is a fun little game. do a search on yahoo for the words "muslims outraged." then do one for "christians outraged." got almost 30,000 hits for muslims, but only 3000 for christians. why are muslims so easily offended? here is a link for their most current outrage, the police department in scotland put a puppy on a postcard. the reason for the outrage? muslims view dogs as being unclean.

Muslim outrage at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat | Mail Online
Oh that's the nuttiest thing I've seen in a long time....outrage over a picture? Very strange.....

Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
Originally Posted by camping!
Quote:
But said breastfeeding woman doesn't have to fear getting stoned to death, either.
That is probably because she would no wanted to risk to be blown up in an abortion clinic.

Originally Posted by jmarquise
Quote:
a puppy on a postcard. need I say more?
Boobs in church.
Need I say more?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:54 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,541,906 times
Quote:
here is a fun little game. do a search on yahoo for the words "muslims outraged." then do one for "christians outraged." got almost 30,000 hits for muslims, but only 3000 for christians.
Here is an even funner game. Count how many christians on CDF have posted about something that outrages them.

You can pretty much quadriple any number of "hits" you found on yahoo.

Second, even muslims do not agree. When al quaeda tried to turn parts of Afghanistan into a 16th century world, the muslims stated that women covering themselves from head to toe was not part of their tradition.

So please don't make broad generalizations about muslims based on what you find on yahoo.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:59 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:

One would have to read the Koran fully and within its full context to speculate at that. Then one would need to compare what it says with what the people follow.

I am not fully versed on the Koran to make that assessment so I can't say if it is through the intent of its scripture or its manipulation of the people to which brings about this issue.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,345 times
why do I get the feeling that these threads just want to make muslims look bad, could it be that some Christians are so insecure about their faith, that they need something to reassure their egos and feel they are better?

We all know that most Christians around the world share a progressive view, but there are some who are really insecure about what they believe, that they feel compelled to convert others anytime they see the opportunity, or keep telling people from different faiths about their ill fate for choosing a different religion, or trying to convince us that atheists are amoral, they are so insecure that they even reject to study the beliefs of other religions for the fear of watering down their beliefs and simply reject them as things from the devil.

IMO, at least the muslims who come here are much more open to respectful dialogues and debates about the diferences in our religions, they are interested to know more about them, and they hold progressive views towards evolution, scientific progress, etc.

Example is more powerful than empty words.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Oh that's the nuttiest thing I've seen in a long time....outrage over a picture? Very strange.....
Even more nuttier then the cartoons in the BBC paper which caused riots bombings and killings?

If I hear a joke or see a comic about who I am I laugh at it. The damn thing is funny and pokes fun at the differences in people.

Why is everyone so sensitive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam