Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 10:31 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Islam is spreading like a virus. Hopefully a cure will be found soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 01:33 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noranyyat View Post
Despite attempts to distort the image of Islam
, Islam continues to spread in the whole world, and especially in Europe and America.
Statistics have confirmed that:

• The number of Muslims in the United States of America more than six million Muslims, making Islam one of the major five religions in the United States of America.
• Muslim population in the world has become a 22,955%.
• It is expected: that a doubling of the number of Muslims by 2015, whereas the number of non-Muslims by 5.3%.
• The spokesman for the Vatican in March 2008 said that: "the number of Muslims than the number of Catholics to become the most followers of Islam in the world .. for the first time in history We are not in the summit."

• In a study prepared by the French Interior Ministry that 3600 people a year convert to Islam.
• The study confirmed that French Muslims are more committed by laws, and scarce the crime in their midst.
• The statistics show that found 2300 mosque in, France, and 7 million Muslims , to became Islam the second religion after Christianity in France.

Do you like surprises?
You can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcRxJbAHhYc

World turns to Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Da6n...eature=related
I'm intrigued by Muslims who basically say "You know all those paranoid fantasies you have about Islam? Well they're all true, isn't that wonderful!"

People who are strongest in their dislike of Islam, in my experience, believe it is expanding and growing in rapid leaps. That Europe is becoming Muslim and so forth. So to them what you're saying would be a bit like a person in 1936 saying the following.

"Despite attempts to distort the image of Fascism it continues to spread worldwide. In Spain we see Fascist ideologies as important in the Nationalist side of the Civil War. In Brazil the Integralist are bringing Fascism to the tropics. And of course there's Mussolini and Hitler. Studies show Fascism has reduced the rates of crime, corruption, and improved the economies of the Fascist nations. The world is turning to Fascism."

I'm not equating Islam to Fascism, but many do. Telling them "it doesn't matter what you think, Islam is growing" bolsters anti-Islamic paranoia.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:26 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I'm intrigued by Muslims who basically say "You know all those paranoid fantasies you have about Islam? Well they're all true, isn't that wonderful!"

People who are strongest in their dislike of Islam, in my experience, believe it is expanding and growing in rapid leaps. That Europe is becoming Muslim and so forth. So to them what you're saying would be a bit like a person in 1936 saying the following.

"Despite attempts to distort the image of Fascism it continues to spread worldwide. In Spain we see Fascist ideologies as important in the Nationalist side of the Civil War. In Brazil the Integralist are bringing Fascism to the tropics. And of course there's Mussolini and Hitler. Studies show Fascism has reduced the rates of crime, corruption, and improved the economies of the Fascist nations. The world is turning to Fascism."

I'm not equating Islam to Fascism, but many do. Telling them "it doesn't matter what you think, Islam is growing" bolsters anti-Islamic paranoia.
Well said

IMO it is just sad to see that this move of islam is like 100 years after the xian revivals which may/have not led to varying atrocities in WW2.

The European "natives" if not outbred by the migration of neo-islam folk will tire of their assertions to get their laws imported along with their beliefs will legislate against them and then if that does not work, deport them. All you need now is another hitler type person that channels his hate against the muslims then we could well see a holocaust 2.0, don't say it is not possible. It is unlikely that these muslims will ever rise to a position of controlling the economies of these countries as if it is anything like back here in SA, they do not aspire to those kind of careers and are pretty much in a family owned/culture supported businesses that do very well BTW.

In their countries of origin, the leaders who control their economies like kings, ayatollahs aka the elite controlling class are not the one leaving, it is the down and outers or run of the mill folk looking for a better life.

IMO nations that have become secular post WW2 in the EU will not be quick to embrace another religion in lieu of xianity so we are definitely entering interesting times

Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 AM

302 posts, read 868,709 times
In most Islamic countries people are not allowed to convert to other religions. Even where the law allows conversions, people are harassed, and in many cases, killed. So converts practice in secret and pretend to be Muslim.

One example of this is Malaysia where all ethnic Malays are required by law to be Muslim, even if their families were Christian or some other religion for generations. How many would remain in Islam if Islamic countries allowed freedom of religion?

Where people have the choice they are moving away from Islam. See this link: Gene Expression: Mass conversions from Islam to Christianity?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:30 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Sweet.

Will we see honor killings in the road? Will we see young kids getting their arm run over because he stole a loaf of bread? Will we see men with 8 underaged wives like pedophile Muhammed did? Will all women be forced to have sex with their husbands and be covered 24/7?

Disgusting!
Theconservativevoice

Old 01-02-2010, 07:33 AM

4 posts, read 11,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post

Sorry, Sir,
There is no comparison
Islam is a religion
It is the religion of truth

Islam does not spread but one thing
It is the religion of God

You can be sure
If you go to these sites:

http://www.thisistruth.org/

http://www.elnaggarzr.com/en/index.php

http://www.quranandscience.com/

http://kaheel7.com/eng/index.php/

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/122/

http://www.55a.net/firas/en1/ (broken link)

http://www.nooran.org/En/index.htm

http://www.science4islam.com/

http://harunyahya.com/english/

Last edited by noranyyat; 01-02-2010 at 08:41 AM..

Old 01-02-2010, 12:12 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Sorry, Sir,
There is no comparison
Islam is a religion
Islam does not spread but one thing
It is the religion of God
You can be sure
If you go to these sites
The comparison is more than apt . . . and Islam is BREEDING in Europe and America . . . NOT spreading . . . average 8 offspring to a family versus 1.5. It uses the cover of Christian principles that it plagiarized to whitewash the evil intent and ambitions of its founder, Muhammad . . . who perverted and corrupted Islam to his goal of world conquest and submission of ALL to Allah.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:57 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Despite attempts to distort the image of Islam
, Islam continues to spread in the whole world, and especially in Europe and America.
Statistics have confirmed that:

• The number of Muslims in the United States of America more than six million Muslims, making Islam one of the major five religions in the United States of America.
• Muslim population in the world has become a 22,955%.
• It is expected: that a doubling of the number of Muslims by 2015, whereas the number of non-Muslims by 5.3%.
• The spokesman for the Vatican in March 2008 said that: "the number of Muslims than the number of Catholics to become the most followers of Islam in the world .. for the first time in history We are not in the summit."

• In a study prepared by the French Interior Ministry that 3600 people a year convert to Islam.
• The study confirmed that French Muslims are more committed by laws, and scarce the crime in their midst.
• The statistics show that found 2300 mosque in, France, and 7 million Muslims , to became Islam the second religion after Christianity in France.

Do you like surprises?
You can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcRxJbAHhYc

World turns to Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Da6n...eature=related

It's true that Islam is spreading throughout the world, yet it is equally true that Jesus Christ is appearing to Muslims who seek the real God. And God is not impressed with big numbers, and that is why the world perished, and only eight were saved in the Ark of Noah.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...86242029&hl=en

Old 01-06-2010, 08:40 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Sorry, Sir,
There is no comparison
Islam is a religion
I was not actually comparing Islam to Fascism, I'm not one of those kinds of people. I also feel queasy with comparisons of it to a virus. It has many values I deem positive on charity and prayer.

That being said I am not a Muslim and I am not interested in becoming one. The growth of Islam is also mostly due to birth rates and conversion in certain kinds of cultures. (Often polygamous and pretty much always city-building) Islam has generally done poorly in societies that are less organized or strictly monogamous. It's a creation of a man who ran a town. When it came up against stateless societies, like the Igbo, its ability to convert was almost non-existent.

Granted there are cultures resistant to Christianity as well. Polygamous societies tended to be resistant. Although certain forms of African-Initiated Christianity allow polygamy so this might change. Also Christian belief in original sin is sometimes a disadvantage in societies with high infant mortality rates.

Still on the whole I'd say Pentecostalism is what's really going to grow through conversion. Islam's ability to convert Latin Americans seems to be fairly minimal. They are not polygamous and infant mortality rates are in decline. However Pentecostalism is growing in that region. I am saying this dispassionately because I am not particularly happy by the growth of Pentecostalism in the world. A visiting priest almost seemed to prefer Muslims as at least you honor Mary and don't seem obsessed on Catholics as particularly wicked. Still the statistics are what they are and I can't change them.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:05 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
And it is the "religion of truth" why? Because it claims to be? You're not winning any cases with that circular logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam