Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:04 AM

50 posts, read 50,392 times

Advertisements

It's a little hard to argue with the Q'ran, ain't it, sukrill?

Clearly, deception (think 'terrorist cells') is sanctioned by Islam. Clearly, murdering innocents is sanctioned by Islam (think 'almost any Muslim nation, terrorist group, or organization'). Clearly, intolerance (think 'jihad') is sanctioned by Islam. The brutality, intolerance, and evil of Islam has been known for ages. It takes a special people, Western Liberals, to blindly protect and defend a religion that was made-up (by some guy) to annihilate them.

Just ask yourselves, if you were truly a pious Muslim and Islam was a peaceful and tolerant religion, for whom would you have more contempt?--people who objected to your religion (like people here) or people who allegedly misrepresented your God and His teachings? Yet does anyone doubt that this shill spends anytime objecting to Hezbollaz, Al Qa'ida, the PLO, Armed Islamic Group, ANO, Egyptian Islamic Jihad, Islamic Army of Aden, Jaish-e-Mohammed, LTTE, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, the Taliban, etc. etc.? Come on, that's about as believable as the wives waiting for him in the afterlife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 01:29 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Don't waster your time. The only good things in Islam were plagiarized from Christianity and corrupted by Mohammad for his goal of world conquest. It is a sibling rivalry religion of conquest . . . not peace or tolerance.
In the Middle Ages Jews would sometimes flee from Christian lands to Muslims.

I basically agree to the statement that "Everything good in Islam can be found in Christianity or Judaism, *most bad things in it is its own" but they inherited a good deal of good things.

In reality suicide is generally quite rare in Muslim countries. This likely is just the maintenance of a Catholic/Orthodox prohibition, devoutly Catholic countries also tend to have low suicide, but still it's something. Many Muslims do take a more mystical approach to the faith devoted to charity, fasting, and prayer. Mahmoud Taha of the heterodox Republican Brothers valued women and aided others. I don't think he could have been doing this as "a lie" because it got him killed and gained him few converts to Islam. In Malaysia the Minangkabau maintain a mix of Islamic and pre-Islamic traditions that give women most of the property. Many Sufis and Ismailis are quite peaceful. There are many legitimate Islamic charities that have helped numerous suffering people. Islam emphasizes caring for widows and orphans. It contributed a great deal to geometry and astronomy.

Yeah it's also a religion that was created by a man who led an army, deems women's testimony to be worth half a man's, and generally condones war against polytheistic religions i.e. pagans. (Sidiq El-Fadil of 20th c. Sudan actually tried to get the Pope to make the pagans of Southern Sudan Christian as wiping out paganism one way or the other was what mattered) Still to defame it as all bad or never doing any good is ahistorical bigotry.

*Most, but not all. Several of the bad things in the Islamic world come from pre-Islamic pagan cultures. Things like honor-killing and female genital mutilation come from Arab or African tribal practices so they can be observed in Non-Muslims of the region. For example the Yezidi of Iraq had an honor-killing a few years ago and I'm pretty sure there are non-Muslims in West Africa who practice female circumcision.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:19 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
What seems to be going on here is a waltz around the cold hard facts of religion...any religion. Folks get more emotional about "Their God" than any other subject or happenings outside their family or personal lives. Millions have been slaughtered, millions have been tortured, millions have been denied their rights, millions have been mistreated...because some believed their god was the true god and the god's of others are false.

Why can't we all just admit that primitive mankind's dreams and aspirations were a major crock, drop all the afterlife BS and get along with one another?

I don't know and you don't either!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:01 AM

251 posts, read 423,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Man has been experienced to quarrells, conflicts and wars.
Wars has been continuous all over the human history.
Every emperor invaded many countries and a large number of people were killed.
Impostors all over the human history made wars and transgression and slaughter.

Atheists are liars; and their lies are so obvious to anyone that studies history.

In the modern history: two world wars.

After the Ottoman extensive state broke down; what happened: see what happened:

Each European state crossed to the confronting country of Muslims and occupied it.

Italy crossed the Mediterranean Sea --> and occupied Libya.
France crossed this sea --> and occupied Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
Spain also came and occupied Mauritania (together with France)
And England ...what about England: Great Britain as they called it --> occupied Egypt, Jordan, Iraq and the Gulf countries.
äÊíÌÉ ÈÍË Google Úä ÇáÕæÑ Íæá http://www.geographicguide.net/europe/maps-europe/maps/mediterraneansea.jpg

List of some Arab and Muslim countries occupied by the Imperialist Western states:

Egypt --> occupied by France then by England.
Libya ---> occupied by Italy.
Tunisia --> occupied by France.
Algeria --> occupied by France.
Moroco --> occupied by France.
Mauritanis --> occupied by Spain and France.
Syria --->occupied by France.
Lebanon --> occupied by France.
Palestine --> occupied by England --> who gave Palestine to the Zionists to establish the
state of Israel.
Jordan --> occupied by England.
Iraq --> occupied by England.
The Gulf --> occupied by England.

In addition, the Western countries made the two World Wars; in the second one of such wars about 50 millions of people were killed.

And till now their fleets are going here and there roaming and occupying.

Iraq what they did to Iraq; how many human souls have they killed in Iraq? in addition to using the uranium waste in their weapons.

And they come here and speak about peace, civilization, and terror: yes, terror: fear: and excessive fear is the terror: so they are terrified --> and therefore, they went and occupied Afganistan and Iraq, and they now threaten Iran.

They also aid the Zionists against the Palestinians: why? because Zionists are civilized and Palestinians are savages: throwing stones on Zionists; so they must kill the Palestinians with bullets.
Palestinians throw stones and Zionists kill them with bullets.

<http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/english3.htm#Balfour_Declaration_November_2_1917_>

Excellent my brother

I wonder Now the world non-Muslim claim that Muslims are terrorists

While they are attacking on their land then Ask why Jihad?

it is for the payment your attacking

Today ,you find that suicide is only the violent reaction Some Muslims Nothing to do with Islam ...

Why the world western not condemn their state that attacking on the lives and blood of Muslims??????????????????????????????????????????? ?

They just are Condemned the Muslims who did not occupied to any non-Muslim state !!

imanway

Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 AM

397 posts, read 608,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
What seems to be going on here is a waltz around the cold hard facts of religion...any religion. Folks get more emotional about "Their God" than any other subject or happenings outside their family or personal lives. Millions have been slaughtered, millions have been tortured, millions have been denied their rights, millions have been mistreated...because some believed their god was the true god and the god's of others are false.

Why can't we all just admit that primitive mankind's dreams and aspirations were a major crock, drop all the afterlife BS and get along with one another?

I don't know and you don't either!
i know exacly what happens. others say they do but thier story falls apart or it doesnt make sense. example, jewish, if ur not a jew u go to hell... ok... christians if ur not saved u got to hell, o ya and ur born of sin because of adam even though god himself stated nobody will be punished for what thier father did, jahovas whitness only has a set amount of people to go to heaven so if that # happens to be o say 100 billion then the rest of the good people after that go to the hellfire? none of these make sense or theyre unfair. as far as the wars go, any war that was faught with the christians, jews and islam is
ironic because we all believe in the same god. the creator of the heavens and of the earth, the same prophets, almost all the same events, its just certain religions refuse christ or mohammad so then someone wants to start a fight. but if you dont believe in the afterlife then what ur saying is theres no purpose to life. u live ur life to be a doctor, lawer, whatever and then u die? that sucks cuz then all the average joes are never remembered. there is a purpose to life and everythin you do and say will be held against u one day

Old 05-22-2010, 09:37 AM

397 posts, read 608,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveredapples View Post
It's a little hard to argue with the Q'ran, ain't it, sukrill?

Clearly, deception (think 'terrorist cells') is sanctioned by Islam. Clearly, murdering innocents is sanctioned by Islam (think 'almost any Muslim nation, terrorist group, or organization'). Clearly, intolerance (think 'jihad') is sanctioned by Islam. The brutality, intolerance, and evil of Islam has been known for ages. It takes a special people, Western Liberals, to blindly protect and defend a religion that was made-up (by some guy) to annihilate them.

Just ask yourselves, if you were truly a pious Muslim and Islam was a peaceful and tolerant religion, for whom would you have more contempt?--people who objected to your religion (like people here) or people who allegedly misrepresented your God and His teachings? Yet does anyone doubt that this shill spends anytime objecting to Hezbollaz, Al Qa'ida, the PLO, Armed Islamic Group, ANO, Egyptian Islamic Jihad, Islamic Army of Aden, Jaish-e-Mohammed, LTTE, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, the Taliban, etc. etc.? Come on, that's about as believable as the wives waiting for him in the afterlife.
u have no idea how hard it is to try and prove something wrong in the quran, i tried before i entered islam bcuz i wasnt going to jusst believe somethig unless it made sense to me.

as far as which one i would choose which group id dislike more then personally id choose the people who are not practicing islam correctly because itd make it alot easier for people to understand that islam is a peaceful religion. all the non believers are just unaware of he truth but insha allab it willbe shown to them. but all these terrorist who claim to be muslim people think thats part of islam when theres billions of muslims who dont do these things and disagree with it with verses from the quran. those people are terrorist, theyre not muslims because islam does not teach terrorism, i it did well then thered b literally billions of people dying around the world because every muslim would accept this. however, only a small group of muslims, maybe 2% if that out of all the muslims around the world believe this terrorism crap is ok.

i mean i am a muslim, i know what i should practice, i know im not perfect,
but i try and b as good as i can. i obey our god at the same time

Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
For a more peaceful world, get rid of religion, all of them.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:32 AM

251 posts, read 423,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproodle View Post
If Islam is a peaceful religion, why are all the terrorists Muslim? As far as I know, killing 3000 people because you disagree with their culture is not peaceful.

Even the most peaceful Muslims think of the people who want to destroy the US as heroes.

that killing 3000 people It was a conspiracy from your country

All the conspiracies come together and merge into one giant conspiracy
against mankind.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EjYtO28-Nk4/SIUcLoAVQ9I/AAAAAAAAAMw/BSvjwqdG2Y8/s400/loose_change2.jpg (broken link)

here:

Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup- A NEW film by Dylan Avery

911Myths

9/11: The Big Lie: Information from Answers.com

Old 05-22-2010, 11:48 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Flawed logic...based on the reality of history. How do you account for the fact some of the most evil stuff ever done...was done by nonreligious dictators?

Religion isn't violent...people are violent. You have people that supposedly subscribe to a theology that goes so far as to command you to bless your enemies and not to ever avenge yourself if you are persecuted in ANY way...even love your persecutor and bless them AS they are persecuting you. Yet those people, fight with, and kill each other. So it's not religion...it's people.

People want things to be how they want them to be...and if they can't change what/who isn't the way they want it to be...to the way they want it...they conclude they should simply eliminate it...and then there won't be something/sombody that is a way that bothers them. It's called selfishness and hedonism. As long as people are different, but insist on things being the way THEY like it...you are going to have problems.

You are NEVER going to change it as long as people apply the reasoning YOU applied in your post. That line of thinking follows the same mindset you supposedly condemn "religion" for---I think it's bad, and I don't like it...so "get rid" of it, "all of them"! See?

Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Exactly...take the money they've been using to pay the preacher and build the churches, sell everything, oak and mahagony pews, carpeting ,stained glass, sound systems, musical instruments, sell the Vatican and all the billions of dollars worth of art there and feed the starving.

Whether anything else changes or not they should have to pay income taxes just like any other business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam