Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 PM

98 posts, read 207,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Blinks are probably blinds, as in built in blinds. At least that's the way i'm interpretting it.
Thanks. Never heard that term before.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 08:59 PM

5 posts, read 11,048 times
Want a sales team that can not give the same answer twice? Want a sales team that shares your personal business with other home buyers? Want poor quality construction? Want fixtures installed you did not order? Want your cracked granite filled with silicone? Want drywall not primed? Want lowest grade insulation? Want to be double charged for same items? Want dry wall plaster to fall off? Stucco cracked? Doors not centered? Windows not installed right? Want to get the run around? Delays and full out bull**** than DW WARE is for you.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 AM

8 posts, read 22,704 times
I am assuming that you meant DS Ware. Sorry your experience was to this extreme especially considering we only had one minor issue which was expected since nothing is perfect. Hope it works out for you.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 AM

52 posts, read 199,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfanofbs View Post
Want a sales team that can not give the same answer twice? Want a sales team that shares your personal business with other home buyers? Want poor quality construction? Want fixtures installed you did not order? Want your cracked granite filled with silicone? Want drywall not primed? Want lowest grade insulation? Want to be double charged for same items? Want dry wall plaster to fall off? Stucco cracked? Doors not centered? Windows not installed right? Want to get the run around? Delays and full out bull**** than DW WARE is for you.
Thank you for your honest feedback!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:20 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Anyone know what kind of housewrap DS Ware uses? That's a sure sign of a builders quality. If it's a woven perforated product, it's a builder who uses the cheapest everything else most likely. If they use a non-woven, non-perforated and very imporant - LOW perm - housewrap, than they are most likely a very high quality builder.

Ideal perm rating for Florida is between 5-15. Tyvek is too high at 58 perms (and the most expensive of all the WRB's), but it is still better than a low perm perforated woven housewrap.

There are a few exceptions to this rule, but they are very rare.

SS

Old 02-07-2013, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,871 times
We bought a DS Ware home the quality was great and we found the sales people to be honest and reputable

Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Anyone know what kind of housewrap DS Ware uses? That's a sure sign of a builders quality. If it's a woven perforated product, it's a builder who uses the cheapest everything else most likely. If they use a non-woven, non-perforated and very imporant - LOW perm - housewrap, than they are most likely a very high quality builder.

Ideal perm rating for Florida is between 5-15. Tyvek is too high at 58 perms (and the most expensive of all the WRB's), but it is still better than a low perm perforated woven housewrap.

There are a few exceptions to this rule, but they are very rare.

SS
Its a cheap green wrap.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM

Default Lucky you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadan View Post
I am assuming that you meant DS Ware. Sorry your experience was to this extreme especially considering we only had one minor issue which was expected since nothing is perfect. Hope it works out for you.
Nothing is perfect but you should get what you paid for! One minor issue seems to be the exception from what Im learning.. Maybe you did not see your build or notice the details? I am not a first time home buyer and this is the worst experience. Finding more and more problems here and they would like me to arranhe the fixing with subs? Didnt I pay them to do this the first time?

Torn now about complaining for fear of never selling this!!!

And they like to threaten people with restraining orders for asking questions in front of potential buyers.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 AM

199 posts, read 468,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfanofbs View Post
Nothing is perfect but you should get what you paid for! One minor issue seems to be the exception from what Im learning.. Maybe you did not see your build or notice the details? I am not a first time home buyer and this is the worst experience. Finding more and more problems here and they would like me to arranhe the fixing with subs? Didnt I pay them to do this the first time?

Torn now about complaining for fear of never selling this!!!

And they like to threaten people with restraining orders for asking questions in front of potential buyers.
Something the builders are going to have to learn and eventually accept is that today is the day and age of the internet. Information can be disseminated to thousands in a matter of seconds. Secondly, once it's published to the internet, it can live forever.

Word of mouth referrals takes on a whole new meaning with tools like this forum and Facebook.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think they can place a restraining order on you for posting factual information.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 AM

448 posts, read 829,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseconfused View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think they can place a restraining order on you for posting factual information.
I believe what the poster notafanofbs meant was, he was in their (the home builders) sales office asking (possibly embarrassing) questions in front of potential buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville