Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM

134 posts, read 522,893 times

Advertisements

Now that is almost a year later, how do you feel about D.S. Ware? I ask because we put a contract to build the Tuscany II as well in Durbin. We are excited about it, but so far the experience as been very slow. We were told we could do plan review within 9 days of the contract, but it will be closer to 3.5 weeks by the time we actually go to our appt. I am hoping the the rest of this process is not as slow. We actually considered backing out because they were so slow and made some initial promises that they couldn't make (regarding schools). I really love the floorplan though.
Did you build a pool with them also? We signed on to do the pool as well? We've built a pool before, and it turned out beautifully, but it took several months and we had to hear the construction each day. So we went ahead and contracted for a pool to be done while the house is being built.
Thanks for any information you can provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadan View Post
We too are going with DS Ware in Durbin Crossing! We made this decision after going to each of the builders in the area and seeing what they had to offer. Ultimately, we decided on the Tuscany and couldn't be happier with the floorplan. We have had the opposite experience of some of the posts I have read. We have made multiple changes up until the time of our plan review and were charged no fees. We were aware that if we made changes to the structure after plan review, fees would be applied. To date, our experience has been exceptional! I would love to hear any updates or responses from those of you that are currently building and/or living in a DS Ware home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 10:53 PM
rnr

3 posts, read 6,903 times
Spooky- we built a pool w/them during the build despite the fees, but did not go w/ their preferred pool builder. Instead we got three quotes and chose a reputable pool builder who is also a member of the BBB and has been in business for a while. Last I heard they were making you use their guy. I'm glad the build process has slowed down, it was a swarm of people trying to push out the house 6 weeks from permit. Of all the builders in Durbin, they are probably the fastest. the house never sits a day without some work being done. We wanted to delay the building process w/ no luck and closed 4 1/2 months from initial signing. We were never charged a plan change fee, but just in case do anything you may want at plan review (gas stub out for grill, under cabinet lighting, soffit outlet for Xmas lights, butler/bar area fridge outlet, lighting above the shelves next to tv built in, shower niches, exterior rangehood ventilation, any extra exterior lighting, extra outlets, etc).

Old 08-29-2013, 07:20 PM

Default D.S. Ware

I can tell you about D.S. Ware, they build a beautiful house with lots of options included for the price, but good God they need a company customer service representative to work with buyers through the house building process. This is not my first rodeo, and with the other four houses I've built, I have never encountered such terrible customer relations and lack of communication. They don't appear to care what customers think about them. It shouldn't take an act of Congress to be updated and given information about the building process.

So, if you are thinking about building with D.S. Ware just go in with your eyes wide open; wear your rain boots cause the bulls--- is going to get deep; and be armed to do battle for updates that should be business standard. Don't expect a warm welcome when you request information--they don't seem to like being bothered. And good luck!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 PM

Default Similar Problems with D.S. Ware

We had so many problems with the build process from everything from what we perceived to be dishonesty to poor workmanship. We ended up canceling our contract and honestly I think we dodged a bullet. I was tired of their b.s. and no one seemed to care about "customer service" and if they didn't care about treating us nicely during the build process we figured nothing would get done after we closed on the house. It seemed like they hire random contractors and they quality is poor as many inspections (according to St. Johns County Website) showed that they failed. When we ask them why they failed--no response. Then the foreman left during the middle of the project and no one informed, and when we asked why again no response. It was such a joke that we decided enough was enough--this is the most unprofessional company to work with in my opinion. I can't imagine how difficult they would have been to get anything to fix after we closed. I didn't believe a word that came out of anyone's mouth from that company--everything was pure lip service it seemed--the truth was somewhere in the middle, but I was never going to be privvy to it. And agree on the price changing--we were told one price but they slipped something else in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benamber View Post
Well our house is Finished. After we moved in we noticed NUMEROUS problems, Sinks not bolted down, front door, and back door not working properly. Entire rooms outlets not working, outlets outside not working, Cabinets not aligned, closets draws not closing properly. COMPLETE DISHONESTY WHEN IT CAME TO UPGRADES AND COST!!!! B-Board quality is of a THREE YEAR OLD, UPGRADED PAINT NOT WORKING, DONNIE WARE himself REFUSING to repaint unless I signed a WAIVER releasing him of imprefections. OUR HOUSE IS 90 DAYS OLD, he should have to fix them IMPERFECTIONS ANYWAY!

This guy (DONNIE WARE) has NO problem letting you know how long he has been building houses or how many houses he has built. Well, he sure is LOOSING his touch, just in my SUBDIVISION there are NUMEROUS problems, its like they have NO QUALITY control. DONNIE WARE and I got into TWO huge Screaming matchs pretty much seeing who can **** further. It is VERY unprofessional in my opinion to NOT stand behind your work, escpecially when its only 90 days old. I am having him put on notice wensday to either fix or see him in court. Even EMAILED KEN AMARO, I think it will be a good story, Why build a house if you wont stand behind it, its like he doesn't care if I take him to court.

If you buy a HOUSE WITH DS WARE, you MUST not only see there SPEC house, but go visit a PAST buyer, and ask all of there experiences, BAD OR GOOD. you need to EDUCATE yourself and get all the consumer protection you can. Find out about UPGRADES, and EDUCATE yourself on how to WORD WHAT YOU WANT, THE QUALITY OF MY HOUSE OR HOUSES IN MY SUBDIVISION ARE NOT OF THE SPEC HOUSE, THAST A FACT!

WE HAVE HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, and ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW MORE LET ME KNOW
904-487-2578
152 TELFORD DR (DURBIN NORTH, THE HOUSE WITH THE HUGE SCREENED IN PATIO, **DS WARE DID NOT BUILD**

Our house looks FANTASTIC, its is Finally DONES, EXCEPT for the PAINT in the WHOLE house needs to be redone, (looks like I will pay out of pocket to do this, and see DONNIE and MR JIM SIDNEY LITTLE in court).

DS WARE----
Problem's were---- PROCESS, ATTITUDE, and DISHONESTLY, and LACK OF URGENCY TO FIX PROBLEMS, I didn't buy a 30K car, I baught a 500K house.

I should have went with DREAMFINDERS, now that they have those HUGE lots down the street, I am kicking myself in the Butt, because I wouldn't have those problems with a new company that cares about there customers, same floor plan also

Old 05-24-2014, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,200 times
I would like to add some things for anyone looking to build or buy from DS Ware. Stay away from them. I going to specify that this is my opinion so that if it is brought up in any future litigation. I have been threatened with litigation because I told them I would post pictures of inspection reports, pictures, and emails that were completed on a DS Ware home. I can tell you one thing. They have no problem looking you in the eye and lying through their teeth. I found multiple problems with the home I almost purchased from them. To the point it was an unsafe home to live in.
I can't deny that they build some beautiful homes. That was the reason that I ignored the numerous bad reviews about them that I saw. It was after I signed the contract that all the truth started to surface. What we found was that the home was not safe or sound. Of course Im not a professional in the matter but with what I saw I was scared of their homes. Unfortunately for me I didn't inspect the contract adequately. It basically sold me an "as is" home. I had no rights per their contract. So please have someone who knows contractual law or a real estate agent who will fight for you inspect their contracts before signing. I lost a fair amount of money, but Im sure that in the long run I will come out far ahead by not moving in to one of their homes. If you would like to contact me please do. I created an email account for this and would love to share the "facts" with anyone who is looking in to buying/building a home. [EMAIL="Bewareofdsware@yahoo.com"]Bewareofdsware@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 05-25-2014, 11:18 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Just FWIW - "as is" in Florida doesn't necessarily get a seller off the hook for all defects in the property he's sold. See for example:

Florida "As Is" Real Estate Contracts — Florida Real Estate Lawyers Blog

Note that this article isn't necessarily complete or up to date. Last time I looked at the issue was in 2005 (when my father sold his house in south Florida). The law in his part of Florida at the time (from the appellate court in his area) was that - despite an "as is" provision in a contract - a seller had a duty to disclose known defects in the property to the buyer. Assuming the law now is the same as it was back then - as a seller - or a lawyer advising a seller - I would probably err on the safe side and disclose known defects to potential buyers. Robyn

Old 07-12-2017, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,089 times
I would love to communicate privately with anyone who has taken legal action against DS Ware. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville