Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,329,058 times

Advertisements

Is this radio station dedicated to bashing and denigrading every registered Democrat?

Are they dedicated and sworn to destroy moral, by constantly airing anti Democrat President talk show hosts?

Is WOKV under contract from the Republican Party to be their mouth piece?

I mean the only time you get a break from constant President bashing and Democrat bashing is when Coast to Coast with George Norri comes on...and maybe Clark Howard, but that man puts you to sleep after 15 minutes...

WOKV 690 has even incorporated President bashing and blaming into their financial shows...

Can't stand people who cry, complain and blame all the time...and that's 95% of what WOKV hosts and programs do...

Including these foul, mean spirited morning updates, that they air of Rush, Sean, Neil Bortz...they'll come on and say the most foul, spiteful things about the President and or Democrats, that totally disrupt the flow of real time news...

What are your opinions?
Do you ever listen to WKOV 690?, and if so do you like or dislike their consstant bashing of the President and or Democrats...

Is WOKV just one big bought sold, and paid for Conservative info-mercial?

Jackonville has a very poor selection of AM radio channels...it's either political talk, hardcore religious talk, sports talk, or Non English broadcasts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 01:32 PM

275 posts, read 793,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Is this radio station dedicated to bashing and denigrading every registered Democrat?

Are they dedicated and sworn to destroy moral, by constantly airing anti Democrat President talk show hosts?

Is WOKV under contract from the Republican Party to be their mouth piece?
Are you kidding me? Seriously, the only reason that stations like WOKV have the conservative talk shows that they do is because that is what the listening audience wants. Let's face it. Liberal talk shows just do not do well overall. What happened to Air America? It wasn't a right-wing conspiracy. There just wasn't the audience to sustain them. It's all about the advertising revenue. And by the way, not every conservative talk show host does well either. Apparently, Michael Savage has been taken off both WOKV and WDBO in Orlando.

The Jacksonville area seems to be fairly conservative. I would expect the radio programming to reflect that. Perhaps if possible, you can listen to an out-of-market radio program through your PC. There are lots of liberal (or progressive or whatever the politically correct word is) radio hosts playing in places like NYC, Seattle, LA. Or get XM radio. I do agree with you though the choices for radio in J-Ville (and Orlando as well) are not that great.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:41 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,739,256 times
I agree that here in NEFL we have a limited variety of radio and I share your frustration. OTOH if the people who follow Rush and Hannity lived in Boston or NY they would be just as frustrated as you. What bothers me more is the lack of news on the radio. They don't even follow the DOW like most cities.

When I am in my car I am locked onto PBS FM89.9. Even if they have a political agenda at least they are not beating me over the head with it.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
OTOH if the people who follow Rush and Hannity lived in Boston or NY they would be just as frustrated as you.
I don't think the people who follow Rush and Hannity in NYC or Boston have anything to be frustrated over. WABC in NYC is their flagship station and they are making that station "bookoo" bucks in advertising revenue.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,512,177 times
XM radio my friends

Old 01-07-2012, 01:50 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,739,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
XM radio my friends
There is a reason why XM radio is not doing that great. People grew up listening to free airwaves, they are not going to pay for it now.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandoyankee View Post
Are you kidding me? Seriously, the only reason that stations like WOKV have the conservative talk shows that they do is because that is what the listening audience wants. Let's face it. Liberal talk shows just do not do well overall. What happened to Air America? It wasn't a right-wing conspiracy. There just wasn't the audience to sustain them. It's all about the advertising revenue. And by the way, not every conservative talk show host does well either. Apparently, Michael Savage has been taken off both WOKV and WDBO in Orlando.

The Jacksonville area seems to be fairly conservative. I would expect the radio programming to reflect that. Perhaps if possible, you can listen to an out-of-market radio program through your PC. There are lots of liberal (or progressive or whatever the politically correct word is) radio hosts playing in places like NYC, Seattle, LA. Or get XM radio. I do agree with you though the choices for radio in J-Ville (and Orlando as well) are not that great.
I don't buy this 'That's what listeners want' theory...

They've never asked me what I want...
How do they know what listeners want?
They never ask...instead they just lay out a template hateful opinionated talk show hosts who at every chance degrade the President, and Democrats, or anyone else not in lock step with them...

It's tired and old, and they all like read from the same play book, every show is a repeat of the prior show...

Obama baaaaaaad....all Republicans goooooood.....

Same o same o....

And as far as 'Air America'...

Not a fan of that show either...or I should say 'format'....

I mean what makes these radio program managers think that all people want to hear is extreme opinionated radio, regardless of which side it falls on?

I don't...

Whatever happened to good ole fashioned news, facts and information?

At least NPR is still capable of deliver that...but they're slow as hll...they'll put you to sleep...you start yawning after 10 minutes of that show...but at least they still have true news reporters or correspondants...and present the facts, and let you, the listener, deciede...

Why would anyone buy anything advertised on WKOV 690, at least if your a Democrat, cause all they do is insult democrats day in and day out...

Coast to Coast is the only time you get a break from it...

Old 01-07-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:

Can't stand people who cry, complain and blame all the time...and that's 95% of what WOKV hosts and programs do...

Including these foul, mean spirited morning updates, that they air of Rush, Sean, Neil Bortz...they'll come on and say the most foul, spiteful things about the President and or Democrats, that totally disrupt the flow of real time news...
After reading your original post, I decided I just couldn't leave it alone. I doubt very seriously that you have spent more than a few minutes (if that) listening to any of the above-mentioned shows. Do Boortz, Hannity, and Rush criticize Obama's policies? Without a doubt. They have their political opinions and they don't coincide with the Democratic Party. Do any of these guys attack Obama personally and say foul, spiteful things about Obama or his family? Never heard that. Do they call him a Marxist? Well, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... However, when Bush was in office, all we heard were really foul, spiteful personal attacks from the likes of Olberman, John Stewart, Ed Shultz, and Bill Mahar. A word to any liberal who want to start their own radio show, leave the word "nazi" out of your lexicon. You may actually get some listeners. So, can we assume that the media in general is in the tank for the Democratic Party?

To the Moderator: My apologies for straying off course. I will not be contributing to this thread any further (unless it pertains to radio stations in Jacksonville).

Old 01-07-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I don't buy this 'That's what listeners want' theory...

They've never asked me what I want...
How do they know what listeners want?
It's called Arbitron and statistical sampling. I've never been polled over the phone by Rasmussan or any of the polling services but many of them seem to come fairly close to actual.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
There is a reason why XM radio is not doing that great. People grew up listening to free airwaves, they are not going to pay for it now.
Well free radio is going down hill fast...when all you got to choose from is...

1. Angry, negative, insulting, President bashing, economy bashing, good news bashing, Anti democrat talk show hosts...

2. Hispanic or Spanish radio/music

3. Christian/Catholic broadcasting, sermons, where they talk to you like your 5 years old...

4. Vita-mercial, where every week there's a new cure for cancer, if only you buy this set of vitamins...

5. Sports talk....

It's a dry format...people want more than just stale opinionated radio...
Some of us don't like having politics crammed down our throats 24/7...

Some of us actually like, enjoy, and want to feel good about our Country, and President...

These AM stations don't even bother asking what the audience wants...they just line up Rush, Sean, Neil, Laura, Mark L, Savage, Glenn....and who ever else can preach and or repeat....Rep goooooood....Obama baaaaaaad....

Just say that over and over again, and you to can have a succesful talk radio show...

(what an insult to peoples intelligence to air such gurgle)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: