Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 07:15 PM

705 posts, read 1,575,185 times

Advertisements

We were arguing whether the area immediately North of downtown is "pretty nasty" as I stated in a previous post. Apparently, you have the opinion that the area is a great place to live. That's fine. I can respect that. If you want to live there (I assume you must as you constantly cheerlead for it), that's fine and I'm happy for you and your neighbors. You have your opinion and I have mine. Apparently though, your opinion is in the minority on this board.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by abvavgjoe; 02-19-2012 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 07:50 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
No, you're right.

It's a vast local, state, & national media conspiracy.

Somehow they tricked our local police leadership too. And all these people.

You should save them.

Clearly all the media, law enforecment, and people that move there have "ulterior motives", as you mentioned earlier.

Also, if you've noticed, I "cheerlead" (aka inform about) for all the walkable/bikeable, unique, historic, and character-rich neighborhoods in Jacksonville, which mostly surrond Downtown. You happened to misinform people about the one "immediately" North of Downtown, the Springfield historic dsitrict. But if you misinfromed them about the immediate area Southwest or Southeast of Downtown, then i'd be educating how the Riverside & Avondale historic disttrict and San Marco are actually nice places to live too.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:16 PM

23 posts, read 65,421 times
Whenever I visit JAX, I stay in Ortega because that's where I live/ am familiar with. back in the day, my friend and I were heavily intoxicated on mushrooms and coming back from purchasing weed on the westside when his Volvo refused to start (busted starter). it was THEE scariest 1 mile walk to the waffle house I could have ever imagined.

northside and westside are nice if you like triple murders.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:21 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
If I keep reading stuff like this in our nice and informative forum, that is coming from "newbee's", I'm gonna stay in the Retirement forum. I already know some folks who were long time posters, like myself, that are no longer going on the Jax Forum due to this kind of posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBadBoy22 View Post
Whenever I visit JAX, I stay in Ortega because that's where I live/ am familiar with. back in the day, my friend and I were heavily intoxicated on mushrooms and coming back from purchasing weed on the westside when his Volvo refused to start (busted starter). it was THEE scariest 1 mile walk to the waffle house I could have ever imagined.

Last edited by BabyBoomers2; 02-21-2012 at 07:30 AM..

Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Whenever I visit JAX, I stay in Ortega because that's where I live/ am familiar with.
What kind of contradictory crap statement is this? You are either living here or visiting, just say NO to drugs and figure out which you are doing.

Quote:
back in the day, my friend and I were heavily intoxicated on mushrooms and coming back from purchasing weed on the westside when his Volvo refused to start (busted starter). it was THEE scariest 1 mile walk to the waffle house I could have ever imagined.

Again another drug induced hallucination. Just say NO to drugs, and maybe your grammatical sense will improve as well.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I saw a comic saying never go there. How bad are these areas?
WHERE would you go in Jax to see a comic who actually addressed local issues? I'm fascinated.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
If I keep reading stuff like this in our nice and informative forum, that is coming from "newbee's", I'm gonna stay in the Retirement forum. I already know some folks who were long time posters, like myself, that are no longer going on the Jax Forum due to this kind of posting.
I say stay and play...dont let these newbies punk ya.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:51 PM

4 posts, read 6,865 times
the west side over by Normandy in not bad all that's there are rednecks

Old 02-25-2012, 05:18 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjy81 View Post
the west side over by Normandy in not bad all that's there are rednecks
normandy is a long road. I grew up there 1-12. The rednecks start a lil after west of Fouraker, East of Fouraker especially after 295...thats REAL Westside, the urban part, Normandy & Lane, Normandy & Cassat. Those are rougher areas.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 PM

642 posts, read 2,552,587 times
JAX has to be better then it was in the 80's and early 90's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville