Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 PM

139 posts, read 355,552 times

Advertisements

I believe you need to live in Ponte Vedra to attend Ponte Vedra High School. Unfortunately, it'll be tough to find a home to rent here for the price you mentioned. We paid more than that for a 2br/2 1/2 bath condo when we rented before we bought our home last year. But we'll be moving back to my home state next year so let me know if you are interested in our home. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 04:53 AM

245 posts, read 503,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresamcallahan View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. As one who has also been a landlord , I would usually agree - I wouldn't want that property to remain vacant for so many months. The realtors we have spoken with have told us that there is such a large inventory of rental homes on the market, that some are staying empty in excess of 90 days. If we dont ink a deal this trip we will come again in May.

We actually intend to spend much of the week on our own but it would be good to have an experts insights to the area.

In terms of actually signing a deal that would be great, we want to get started, but we are not depending on it. I was told too, that if we work with a management company, that they would most likely have access to multiple properties and that it would be good to get the application and approval process over with. It makes sense that if we have to come back, all the paperwork and credit stuff will be done. Thanks again.
I don't believe there's a large inventory of rental homes...unless we're renting ours out for way too little...Last tenant gave a 30-day notice and our Property Manager started looking for a tenant...took less than a week to find a new tenant who wanted to move in the day after the old tenant moved out. Rent is $1300 for a 3-br/2-ba golf course home in St. Augustine; 8 years old.

Bottom line: in this case it took less than a week to get a new tenant...I'd be pissed if it took 90 days...

If you'd like the name of the mgt. company we use, let me know. Two of the others in St. John's I'd avoid at ALL COSTS.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:18 PM

301 posts, read 1,062,438 times
My daughter goes to Creekside and we live in Aberdeen. I think Creekside is a great school. She loves it, too.
George I would love the name of the rental mgmt company you use. We were anticipating a job transfer out of state and were looking into renting our house out if we do decide to go. We spoke with a couple companies and the decision was tough because we dont know enough about either, plus didnt have any personal recommendations or heard anything positieve or negative about either.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM

213 posts, read 315,145 times
George: I also would love the name of a reputable management company. My family is moving over from Panama City in June also. We are looking for a 4 preferably 5 BR in Ponte Vedra or St Johns, and I'm beginning to get concerned. I would love to rent something for a year that I could then purchase and not have to move again. I know when the good places pop up they will be gone so it would be nice to have someone locally on my side since we are in Panama City.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
If you want the option to buy what you rent, I would try contacting some real estate companies that do rentals as well as sales. The rental market is very tight here. It's hard to find one, espeically in the areas you are interested in. Try this one then do a search for some others. Vanguard Realty, Inc. - New Homes, Home Buying and Selling in Jacksonville Florida, Duval County and Clay County, FL areas

Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM

213 posts, read 315,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
If you want the option to buy what you rent, I would try contacting some real estate companies that do rentals as well as sales. The rental market is very tight here. It's hard to find one, espeically in the areas you are interested in. Try this one then do a search for some others. Vanguard Realty, Inc. - New Homes, Home Buying and Selling in Jacksonville Florida, Duval County and Clay County, FL areas
Thanks! I will check that out. And I welcome any advice anyone has to offer!

Old 04-12-2012, 01:42 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
Creekside made the playoffs this year. No clue what that means for college prospects, but they seemed to get it done this year. I think Nease failed to make it this year.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
I know the rental market is hot in JCP right now. Homes are rented out within a week of posting the last year or two. Small sample size of 4 in my case though, but talking to others in other neighborhoods, they've seen the same thing.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 AM

245 posts, read 503,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsmom4 View Post
George: I also would love the name of a reputable management company. My family is moving over from Panama City in June also. We are looking for a 4 preferably 5 BR in Ponte Vedra or St Johns, and I'm beginning to get concerned. I would love to rent something for a year that I could then purchase and not have to move again. I know when the good places pop up they will be gone so it would be nice to have someone locally on my side since we are in Panama City.
What part of St. John's County are you looking at? If it's the St. Augustine area then the Property Mgt. company I use would be good for you. PM me if you'd like the name.

You might have a problem finding a rental that would want to sell to you in a year...I believe that my current tenants mentioned the same thing to the Prop. Mgr. when they signed the lease. My take, on reading between the lines, means that after a year they might want to offer an under-market amount to buy the place & stay in it...Not gonna happen, in my situation. Market value is currently about $40,000 less than what I paid. And my guess would be that they'd offer quite a bit less than that since there wouldn't be all that bother of listing it, etc. In my case, I really don't have any interest in taking a big loss - it's not underwater because I put a huge downpayment on the house, but I have no interest in flushing $40,000-50,000 down the sewer to sell the house...

Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,502,391 times
Great points, George. I get a few calls from renters, from time to time, in search of available rent-to-own properties. A good percentage of my management inventory is likely upside-down, which is why they decided to rent out the property VS selling it, when they moved out. It'll be this way for a while, I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville