Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 PM

206 posts, read 574,188 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am looking for a small house to purchase as an investment but that will eventually be my son's. Ideally we would like to buy in the Shores, but there is not much in his price range that doesn't need a ton of work (and $). So now we found a duplex condo unit in Plantation point. Its a very cute complex in the 32084 on a cul de sac. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a nice fenced yard (68K).....but I have a few concerns. There are only six units which worries me because if one person falls into arrears, it will adversely impact everyone. The other issue is that there is a bunch of unfinished units at the end of the cul de sac. What is up with that? I've tried to find info online...but no luck. We went there at night and it was very quiet...no signs of vandalism or anything but it's a little creepy. Otherwise it's a lovely place.
Convenient to everything.
thanks all
Charlene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,898,958 times
I personally would not purchase there. Take some time to study and research in the public records of the Property Appraisers section in the St. Johns County government website. This will tell you who owns, if they are homesteaded, what they paid and when and if foreclosure proceedings have begun.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:49 AM

Default St Augustine Shores vs Plantation Point update:)

well I did my research as suggested and did not buy in there. The unit is still for sale.
I did however find an adorable little cottage in the Shores! Thanks to years of reading these boards, I felt confident committing to that area.
I close tomorrow! So excited...thanks ssclulow!!! You have been a huge help!!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:53 PM

I'm happy for you AuntBeebe. I own a house in northern section of The Shores that I have been renting out for the last 5 years. Three more years and my daughter will be buying it from me and moving there from the cold northern US. It's a very stable community with a wide range of residential choices. I love that there are sidewalks!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:52 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,636,322 times
Great choice and good luck welcome to St Augustine Peter

Old 05-12-2014, 12:41 PM

UPDATE: I am living in the house I bought for my son with him (he's at College often).
But I am selling my Quail Hollow Condo and looking for a house of my own in here. It's gotten very popular in the Shores and if a house is priced right it goes in one day...no kidding!! Even foreclosures that are just hideous sell quickly and for a higher price than I believe it justified. So if anyone ever hears about someone wanting to sell...please contact me. My top price would be about 120K

thanks all
this board has been a life saver to me

OH...also if anyone wants a beach front condo...let me know

Old 01-04-2015, 11:33 PM

Got my own house in the Shores quite close to the pool.
Just love it...nice and quiet, close to the intracoastal.
Since I moved here, I see the area blossoming again....less rentals, people are taking more pride in their homes, and the homes that are for sale are being bought by people who want to live in them.

I learned about the Shores from these boards years before I even moved here...and it's funny that this is where I finally ended up!

Old 01-04-2015, 11:47 PM

Congrats on the house purchase! Did you sell your condo?

Old 01-19-2015, 06:10 PM

HI! Yes I did! By myself!

Thanks for your advice...changed my life!

Hope things are good by you!

Old 03-22-2015, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,684 times
Default Plantation Point Update

I want to update readers as to the progress at Plantation Point Drive. The units on the cul da sac are occupied and new units have been built. The original duplexes are receiving exterior renovations that include metal roofs and new paint. Also, city water is now available. The street is private and woodsy, yet modern, centrally located and super convenient to beaches, historic downtown, shopping, schools and more. These condominiums live more like single family homes featuring drive ways rather than parking lots and back yards too. The 3/2 layouts cater to a wide possibility of occupant situations. Plantation Point Drive is a quiet and respectable community of duplex style. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville