Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 AM

5 posts, read 5,500 times

Advertisements

It's official! I got a job promotion and am moving to JAX. I have about 3 weeks to find a place to live. I'm looking at the Southside and looking for a 3BR townhouse for rent. I'm a single woman so I'm looking for someplace safe. Online I've seen Oxford Chase, Georgetown and Ironwood as seemingly nice town home communities. I'm not opposed to houses (although I am not into the whole grass cutting thing) but its very difficult to tell what subdivisions are safe and friendly. I will be working off of Central Parkwat which isn't a great area but I want to be close to the job so the Southside/St Johns Town Center area seems like a good fit. Any suggestions you have would be great!!! I'm at a loss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 06:50 PM

107 posts, read 220,721 times
Congrats on the promotion! I will tell you I joined this forum due to being in a similar situation, and I found my place to live, including all the info you could ever want to know about subdivisions, zip codes, etc by searching and asking. I move this week and if it wasn't for city-data, this would have been much more stressful.

The areas you are looking at(St Johns Town Ctr, Southside) are good starting points. I suggest download the Trulia.com app and put in your price point range, they will do the work for you, emailing you updates daily on places that hit the market.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:37 AM

Thanks jetsfan2012!!! I take it u are a NY-ker?? I'm a born and breed New Yorker and diehard Knicks fan!!! :-)
I have noticed a lot on the different neighborhoods. However I can't seem to get any feedback on my situation. I pretty much know I'd like to be on the Southside - mainly zip codes 32216 and 32246. I'm having a hard time figuring out whether there are 'sketchy' areas - or subdivisions that may not be as nice, etc.
have you heard anything about Oxford Chase or Ironwood? I've been to Georgetown. I'm looking for townhome (possibly house) rentals.
Thanks!!!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 AM

448 posts, read 829,403 times
Oxford Chase is in the Tinsel Town area which is anything but 'sketchy'
Ironwood is behind St Luke's/St Vincents Hospital and seems to be in a nice area also.

List other areas you have questions about and someone is bound to help you.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 PM

74 posts, read 170,612 times
I was in a similar situation last year and found my place in weekend here. I work in Baymeadows area and live on the Southside. Check Craigslist, I drove about a 100 miles in that weekend, but it's doable. Is your company flying down to search?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 AM

Thanks everyone!! I have a couple of places lined up to check out. I originally was just looking for townhomes, but I've widened my search to condos/apartments. I mainly like the idea of townhomes because I don't care for someone living above me (I know - I'm picky) but since I'm a little more pressed for time. I may have to consider some apartments.
I live in Orlando now (NY to Tampa to Orlando and now to Jax) so I'll be driving up this weekend to check some places out. If anyone knows of any apartment complexes that they've heard good things about, please let me know!
Again - thanks so much for your help!!

Old 03-14-2013, 04:51 AM

227 posts, read 391,156 times
Cabana Club on Baymeadows just east of 295. I found it thanks to a poster here when we were looking at moving, and we've been very happy here since September. There's a new place called Terraces at Town Center that looks nice too. Good luck!

Old 03-17-2013, 04:22 PM

Hope your search is coming along. I just moved in this weekend, love the 70 degree weather that greeted me here. There are PLENTY of condos and townhouses on the market for rent right now. Craigslist and trulia will help until you can see them for yourself.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:57 PM

Jetsfan2012 - I'm glad your move was good!!!- I actually came up yesterday and a realtor showed me 4 town houses. 3 in Ironwood and 1 in Midtowne. I narrowed it down to either the Midtowne one or one of the ones in Ironwood. I'm going to sleep on it and make a final decision tomorrow. Did you use a moving company? Any recommendations?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyma424 View Post
Jetsfan2012 - I'm glad your move was good!!!- I actually came up yesterday and a realtor showed me 4 town houses. 3 in Ironwood and 1 in Midtowne. I narrowed it down to either the Midtowne one or one of the ones in Ironwood. I'm going to sleep on it and make a final decision tomorrow. Did you use a moving company? Any recommendations?
I did not use a moving a company. I actually sold much of my furniture back home before the move, and am buying new one room at a time now I am down here. Makes for a lighter less stressed transition if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville