Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2022, 07:19 PM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times

Advertisements

Great win today for the aJaguars and their fans.

They looked pretty good but I hope they can continue to work on their passing game. We can’t keep running the ball and putting it on Travis’s back. He looked great today but he was getting pretty banged up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 04:53 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,369,560 times
And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is why you do not bench your franchise QB when he appears to be struggling.

Old 11-07-2022, 06:28 AM

253 posts, read 191,082 times
Smoot is a beast.

Trevor seemed more poised that in previous outings. He didn't "force" any passes and was a lot more measured.

But....

That first half was atrocious.

Old 11-07-2022, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912904 View Post
Smoot is a beast.

Trevor seemed more poised that in previous outings. He didn't "force" any passes and was a lot more measured.

But....

That first half was atrocious.
It sure was, a few times after Adams already had huge numbers I noticed he was wide open with no one within 15 yards of him, I couldn't figure out how or why they didn't make an adjustment. Luckily in the 2nd half they adjusted and Carr was just slightly off with many of his passes as the D line was pressuring him at long last.

Speaking of Smoot, at one point he was out wide covering Adams on a big third down and of course got smoked by Davante, yet Carr overthrew him otherwise that would have big a huge first down.

Old 11-07-2022, 07:16 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,152,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is why you do not bench your franchise QB when he appears to be struggling.
You’re too nice with this. I was gonna go the “That’s it, I’ve seen enough. Bring in CJ BEATHARD!!” route but I refrained lol.

Old 11-07-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
You’re too nice with this. I was gonna go the “That’s it, I’ve seen enough. Bring in CJ BEATHARD!!” route but I refrained lol.
Trevor played brilliantly yesterday. Some unreal throws and finally he's starting to use his legs a little here and there, which is what I've been hoping for as he's definitely got skills to avoid tacklers. Give credit to the offensive line too, they gave him time to throw and he made some big throws down the stretch to seal the W.

He and the rest of the team will need their A+ games next week vs. the Chiefs, who look like they're hitting on all cylinders right now. Can't wait for that game.

Old 11-07-2022, 07:41 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Except for the Texans the Jaguars have a pretty tough upcoming schedule.

Old 11-07-2022, 08:23 AM

I don't think there are any pushover teams this year. Jets beating the Bills was an eye opener yesterday. Bears almost beat the Dolphins, etc. Even the Texans held tough vs. the best team in the league (Eagles). Like I said, gotta bring your A+ game every week this year.

Old 11-07-2022, 09:48 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Not sure I follow, first you were saying you didn't understand them trading to upgrade their WR corps, then you say they're sitting on their hands, which is it? It's easy as a fan to sit back and second guess everything after the fact, but in the end they know more than you do, than I do, than all of us do. Trevor starts over CJ for a reason, just like Kirk starts over Agnew and Etienne starts over Hasty. This is months and months of analysis by people who have been in football since they were probably toddlers.

Nobody's benching Trevor Lawrence. Not this season. The Dolphins have a pretty good team, maybe you can follow them instead? Oh wait, Tua had a bad year last year, SHOULD HAVE BENCHED HIM!
They left a lot of money on the table and seemed to be bargain shopping, which netted that type of result. In terms of TL of course they'll never bench him because that's a sign of "perhaps we blew it". Some will now point to yesterday and TL's success against the abysmal Raiders. Let's see the commentary next Monday and reassess.

Old 11-07-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
They left a lot of money on the table and seemed to be bargain shopping, which netted that type of result. In terms of TL of course they'll never bench him because that's a sign of "perhaps we blew it". Some will now point to yesterday and TL's success against the abysmal Raiders. Let's see the commentary next Monday and reassess.
I mean, we can play this short-term game all day (you need look no further than the Investing forum for that logic). In the end, this is a process and TL won't be Tom Brady in his first few seasons. How about we come back at the end of the season to reassess instead? Fair? Next week's game is going to likely be more about the Jags defense than our offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville