Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:30 AM

353 posts, read 1,149,549 times

Advertisements

Providence Homes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 06:04 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,248,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1v3rRat View Post
Providence Homes
Ok, your getting a good system with Providence. It's actually my main competitor that does their work, but alas I will concede that your chances of having any moisture or air intrusion problems on these homes are close to zero. They do a decent job and are really the only other ones in town qualified to do that kind of work. Plus if you're talking about Greenland Chase, they have some really good looking home designs as well. The owner is an active member of the NEFL Builders Association and one of my former employees wife used to babysit their children. He is an upstanding guy who is highly regarded in the building community. I just wish I could get that account daggonit!!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,489,358 times
Just released today. And just what I suspected. You know if the Feds are saying it then we're probably in for a longer haul than they suspect (or are letting on).

Old 07-08-2008, 05:09 PM

52 posts, read 194,859 times
Now why in the heck is the liberal media reporting such things??? Another example of their sick plot to report the news to readers. The NYT is despicable.

And! If this messes up the return of the housing bubble I am going to be mighty upset!

Old 07-09-2008, 04:39 AM

93 posts, read 287,705 times
Faux news has tainted your Americanism
Support our troops .... Vote Obama

Old 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Default The Fed is always behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Just released today. And just what I suspected. You know if the Feds are saying it then we're probably in for a longer haul than they suspect (or are letting on).
The Federal Reserve and the Government are always well behind what is actually going on at "ground level" with the American people and the economy.

You want updated information on housing go to www.bigbuilderonline.com and just know that once the Fed starts reporting on a deeper than anticipated recession, that usually means the turnaround has already started and we are headed back up.

My personally, I think we are the bottom, and we are going to continue to remain at the bottom into 2010. There will be small peaks and valleys inbetween, but 2010 will see strong growth in the housing market return to the Jacksonville area. Save this post and shoot me if I'm wrong!

Old 07-10-2008, 05:28 AM

52 posts, read 194,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
until about the end of this year, maybe a little earlier, is the bottom of the housing market in our part of the State.
to
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
My personally, I think we are the bottom, and we are going to continue to remain at the bottom into 2010. There will be small peaks and valleys inbetween, but 2010 will see strong growth in the housing market return to the Jacksonville area. Save this post and shoot me if I'm wrong!
Huh?

Old 07-10-2008, 05:51 AM

754 posts, read 2,816,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferr View Post
Faux news has tainted your Americanism
Support our troops .... Vote Obama
Maybe we can leave politics out of this discussion?

Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 AM

Default Clarifications...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy_d View Post
to

Huh?
In the first post I stated we are at the bottom between now and until about the end of this year.....what I mean is as far as sales go, I think they are going to bottom out sometime this year. I'm talking strictly new construction here, not existing homes.

In the second, what I'm trying to say is that when sales do bottom out, and I think the sales are going to remain relatively flat for awhile, possibly into 2010.

Of course I hope I'm wrong, and sales take off next year, so what I meant was shoot me if the bottom lasts longer than 2010....but if it last less than I predict, I would prefer to go on living.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,573,561 times
Default Wow

I hope the original post is correct about the bottom is here, but nothing I read anywhere supports that in an objective way. Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are bust. A large hedge fund just went under. We already know about Bear Stearns. Gasoline is still headed up and eating alive average working people. Know a good young man who is spending more getting to his job than he pays in rent.

I cannot think of a good reason to buy a house now UNLESS you cut the deal YOU want. This is a buyer's market and you can pick and choose. But you can easily buy a "good deal" and find out that months later you too have an upside down mortgage.

These days it only takes one job loss and you are dead.

For my money, RENTing is the safe bet until we can see how this economy is going to play out. My reading suggests we are nowhere near the bottom of anything yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville