Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 11:05 AM

16 posts, read 13,832 times

Advertisements

i never said i did it in the building. i am well aware of food safety standards. what they did was well above and beyond food safety standards and i fact had nothing do with food safety standards. it was a control thing, they were trying to control my personal habits and decisions. decisions only i should be making. obviously common sense would tell me that they would not want that going on in the building and i am perfectly OK with that, weather or not it has any effect on food quality is not really part of this. as i said, i was outside on a break. not allowing me to vape in my own car was the point where i stopped caring. people always seem to assume incorrectly that i was vaping inside the building. perhaps i should have vaped in the bathroom. If they were not going to allow vaping anywhere on the property, then leaving mid shift for my break should have also been acceptable. leaving the place complete vacant with no one monitoring CIP's. they did nothing to make it fair for both parties, just that we are telling you this and dont want to work with you on it. work with me, i will work with you. treat me like i am working in a communist country i will not obey.

aside, what's wrong with going to get a CDL and get out of that job field. i like the idea of driving truck, i have been around enough of them.i will be, for the most part away from management and on the road. perfect, i really dont care for those pencil pushers anyways. truck driving is a skilled job, one that can pay quite well. truck driving is always in demand. furthermore, they can not take it away from me. if something happens and for some reason i end up separating from my employer, as long as i am not a major screw up, i will always have a CDL. when they fired me, they knew it was unlikely that i would be able to find another job paying close to what i was making. frankly they punished me. if i have a CDL, i simply go down the road to the next truck driving job.

there very few places that do not use temp service, probably 90% of them are temp services. i have applied for jobs that do no use these useless temp services but there arent many that are in that type of work that dont use them. temp services are ruining the job market for knowledgeable people. if i avoid ALL of the temp services and attempt to stay in the job field, its going to extremely difficult if not impossible to find a job. the time to act is now while i still have UI and get re-trained...... not wait until it runs out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 2,305 times
I will say this, finding a good fit between an employer and a temporary worker is a complicated process. While it's easy to say that a bad experience was the staffing agency's fault, the truth is that there can be issues with the employers on the job site as well as problems with the contingent worker as well.

As a staffing agency, we work very hard to match candidates with open positions, but admittedly, there is more art to this than science. We do our best to assess, hire, and train people so that they will last because, obviously, that's a win for everyone. In fact, when we hire workers, we don't use the word "temp" because we see them as "our" employees that we simply use on the business customer's job site. We even provide benefits to our workers. That is only part of what we think makes us different from other staffing agencies.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:11 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,606,185 times
I am not the biggest fan of staffing agencies though to be fair my current job is through a temp agency which I am grateful for. Overall I treat staff agencies as simply another tool in finding a job but never my primary tool. I will always prioritize applying directly to company X for the position. I will apply for temp stuff but never with the same effort, zeal as I would applying directly to a company.

So I would never write temp agencies off completely but I would never rely only on temp agencies for work.

Old 01-15-2021, 04:40 PM

125 posts, read 76,127 times
They advertise jobs that don't exist so that they'll have a large pool of candidates. Those jobs go to the young, good looking and thin, as I've seen first hand. when younger, I was sent out on a lot of jobs. When I got older, I wasn't sent out, even though I had better and more experience!

Old 03-09-2021, 01:34 PM

779 posts, read 506,322 times
I do mostly contract documentation work in aerospace/aviation/engineering/manufacturing and most of my jobs come from recruiters calling me. Some are great, others I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire. You can tell how responsive they are to problems and concerns by how long it take them to respond to questions. The longer the response time, the worse they are and you'll be calling and emailing then about your late paycheck all the time, because it seems like whoever the recruiter is, he/she is several states away. The gig economy is the new normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search