Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 08:11 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,866,360 times

Advertisements

I don't want this to sound rude and I don't intend it that way. Are you seeing a counselor or would you consider that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 08:57 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,121,427 times
You remind me of a beloved relative. Do you have obsessive or compulsive traits? You may want to lay back on this fixation. These rapid fire posts aren't going to move the process along any quicker. It worries me about your state of mind.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:10 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,513,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I have already sent a follow up as I indicated.

I sent a proper cover letter, rather than just the bland resume, I applied to something else stated what I was interested in for other jobs and mentioned that I can relocate. You see before the just sent my resume in, and to see if there was anything fitting.

I just don't understand how she can't send a "Thanks but we have nothing at this time type email" rather than hear nothing. My contacts live in another part of the country they won't do the news delivering, that just simply won't happen. Its out of their hands at this point, that's not how this has been set up

I find a few days in with no reply to be strange. Total strangers can get a generic email and I have nothing, no acknowledgment
A "few days" go by and you obsess over not getting a reply from a hiring manager/HR person?
You are lucky if they even saw your resume after just a few days!

You seem neurotic. Get some help or no one will hire you. (PS-emails are impersonal!)

Old 04-26-2014, 09:25 PM

Nobody here can tell you when they will respond to you.
Nobody here can diagnos any conditions you may have.

However, your posts on this issue seem to reflect something that you may need to see a therapist about.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:51 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,263 times
I'm just frustrated that's all. I really want to get going again. I don't need to see a therapist or anything.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:54 AM

Would you mind going back and rereading your posts on this thread and honestly asking yourself if you think it's "just frustration"? I don't mean this as a dig at all. I'm trying to help you understand that something else is impeding your thought process about this situation and there is no way for me (or anyone here) to determine what that is.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
Would you mind going back and rereading your posts on this thread and honestly asking yourself if you think it's "just frustration"? I don't mean this as a dig at all. I'm trying to help you understand that something else is impeding your thought process about this situation and there is no way for me (or anyone here) to determine what that is.
Yes it's just frustration. Many jobs I apply to and understand it may take a while.

I thought at least through a connection like this they would have mentioned they got my resume or something. At last acknowledge my resume and then I would have to wait on it for some length of time before hearing back of any result.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 AM

As I mentioned in my earlier responses on this thread, a week is not a lot of time to do anything with a resume regardless of its source. A company's HR representative usually doesn't change protocol for referred resumes over public ones. The only difference is your resume is considered where an unsolicited one from John Q. Public may be trashed. However, the inner workings of how resumes are processed will most likely be whatever they do for any resume.

Do you see how that means you can't determine how/when you will be contacted?

Old 04-27-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
As I mentioned in my earlier responses on this thread, a week is not a lot of time to do anything with a resume regardless of its source. A company's HR representative usually doesn't change protocol for referred resumes over public ones. The only difference is your resume is considered where an unsolicited one from John Q. Public may be trashed. However, the inner workings of how resumes are processed will most likely be whatever they do for any resume.

Do you see how that means you can't determine how/when you will be contacted?
Yes, I guess so. I also hope as I wrote to them they would consider me for any positions that I am not aware of that might fit well. I would like to think that a referral would at least say they are working on it, but I guess not.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:23 AM

I'm not sure why you aren't understanding so I will bow out of this discussion. I wish you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search