Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:51 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,543,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Why does he want felons?
My guess (and I am not to one who wrote it, so its just my opinion) is he is looking for risk takers not afraid to bend the rules/regulations. If they are already felons, then they may have some idea of how to strike a balance between going over the edge, but not too far over the edge to get caught. If they were not a felon, then they may be too reckless, but because they were caught/incarcerated they may show a bit more discretion in their risk taking.

Either that, or the felon picked up a bunch of new quasi-legal ideas to try while they were serving time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 01:58 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,257 times
Wall Streeters and felons...goes like a hand in glove. Of course he wants felons. Who do you think orchestrated the Recession? What kind of people and what kind of mentality was responsible? Educated white collar felons are still felons so like I said: hand in glove. And why would any sane reasonably educated person who is aware of current events take any advice from a Gordon Gecko these days, again following the Recession? Wasn't that enough to demystify those people?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:27 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
What that guy is describing is what is good for HIS COMPANY. He wants SERFS, whose entire work-lives he can use-up, before discarding them. One would be foolish to pay attention to what someone like that is saying.

Pimps also demand loyalty from their 'girls'. And then the girl, when she's dying from job-related disease, gets drowned under concrete being poured for a foundation. Listening to that "Wall Street Exec" is like listening to the Pimp saying, "I'm gonna take care of you, Baby!".

Possibly, it is only coincidental that the Financial Sector has been taken over by people whose families, back in The Old Country, were frequently pimps and brothel-keepers.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:28 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The comments were the best part of this article

Mark Patterson OneWire Interview Two - Business Insider

Sounds like a piece of crap I'd never want to work for.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:37 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
What that guy is describing is what is good for HIS COMPANY. He wants SERFS, whose entire work-lives he can use-up, before discarding them. One would be foolish to pay attention to what someone like that is saying.

Pimps also demand loyalty from their 'girls'. And then the girl, when she's dying from job-related disease, gets drowned under concrete being poured for a foundation. Listening to that "Wall Street Exec" is like listening to the Pimp saying, "I'm gonna take care of you, Baby!".

Possibly, it is only coincidental that the Financial Sector has been taken over by people whose families, back in The Old Country, were frequently pimps and brothel-keepers.
the fact that this real life Gordon Gecko and others like him, in other industries, prefer serfs is obvious. Those of us who have spent even a little bit of time working in that environment fully know this.Isn't that why we left that world? I know I did.

but Grandview, if you have some serious juice on the pimping pedigrees of some of these "big dogs" and other "Masters" of the greediverse, send me a private message. I love history.

Taking advice from that clown is like taking advice from Bernard Madoff or the Citygroup CLevel exec ring who went to prison some time ago.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:17 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
Every hiring manager has a different level of tolerance when it comes to job hopping. For some, you better stay at every job for 5+ years or else be labeled a hopper. Others might not consider staying 1 year at a job hopping. He's probably one of the less tolerant, but please don't make your future career decisions just to please him at your long-term detriment.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:30 PM

435 posts, read 635,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL28 View Post
That's What's bad about temporary or contract employment. It's still temporary even if it dressed up as a six month to a year contract. Too many makes you look unstable and your resume for a permanent job( that isn't some cockamanie temp to perm) will be summarily deleted because you will be seen as unstable. Remember hiring managers spend six seconds on a resume and will just go to the next candidate
This is one of the biggest reasons I advise people to avoid temping, if at all possible. In fact, even a job as a "sales associate at Home Depot" for one year looks better than 5 or 6 office temp jobs in one year, with gaps in between them.

The big lie is that temping is a great way to try out companies and get started in a career. Don't fall for it. Temping will slice and dice your resume and work history, and derail your future.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:34 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The comments were the best part of this article

Mark Patterson OneWire Interview Two - Business Insider

Sounds like a douche, remind me never to work for him. Why should any employee show any loyalty beyond what's required when the gangsters on Wall Street show none in return?

Old 09-22-2014, 03:43 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Sounds like a douche, remind me never to work for him. Why should any employee show any loyalty beyond what's required when the gangsters on Wall Street show none in return?
Exactly. You gotta hustle, not be hustled. If a hustler tells me I don't have what it takes to be his *****, I'll be very OK with that.

Man, I would be considered a huge job hopper by some but in the past year I have turned down over 10 jobs, simply because even in my job hopping I managed to accomplish a LOT in my industry. I just know to find the good employers. The ones who value the worker, not see them as someone they can just outsource stupid mundane tasks to.

Last edited by EddieOlSkool; 09-22-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 09-22-2014, 03:43 PM

659 posts, read 940,779 times
Job hoppers mostly job hop not because they have bad work ethic, but because most of the time, the company wasn't a good fit for them or it was a toxic environment.

You only live once, why should I as a person, be subjected to sexual harassment at work and put up with it for 2 years or more so I can get enough "experience" in the position to finally job hop into something else? Do you really want to spend 2+ years in a toxic environment just so that you won't have a stigma against you when you job hop?

I wouldn't. In those two years wasted in a toxic environment or with a bad manager, I could've gone to a different company that's run a lot better and probably climb up higher in the professional ladder. I've had 10 different jobs, out of them, only 4 were a good, legit job. The rest was toxic, had no growth, mismanaged, unethical, etc.

For a long time, I thought it was my fault for not picking my jobs correctly, or for being too "high strung", but the more time passed, the more I realized that GOOD JOBS are hard to come by. There are tons of jobs out there that are bad, and frankly only an insane person will waste years putting up with the bullsh*t at their work place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search