Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 09:37 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,257,361 times

Advertisements

thanks for the responses. interview is friday so hopefully i get a better idea of how structured the place is. thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 01:46 PM

179 posts, read 156,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Ask them to describe an average day. They will usually indicate the workflow.
You know I always ask this question, and 9 times out 10 the interviewer's answer is "I don't know." Yes, the people who are looking to fill the position have no idea what a person would do in the position on a daily basis. I don't have a clue how such interviewers can "choose the best fit." Unless, it's all just personality and the interviewer is just looking for someone they "like."

Old 10-28-2016, 11:44 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,530,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDot View Post
You know I always ask this question, and 9 times out 10 the interviewer's answer is "I don't know." Yes, the people who are looking to fill the position have no idea what a person would do in the position on a daily basis. I don't have a clue how such interviewers can "choose the best fit." Unless, it's all just personality and the interviewer is just looking for someone they "like."
Really?? I usually get a decent answer based on their current business needs.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:53 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,257,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Really?? I usually get a decent answer based on their current business needs.
Me too. Ive been on a bunch of interviews. Most people know whats going on on a day to day basis. I guess HR might not but ive isually only spent like 10 mins with HR then i move on to the person whos actually interviewing.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:33 AM

1,281 posts, read 778,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
i'm looking to change jobs (actually been looking for a while now). although i'm mainly leaving because i want more experience and i'm bored in my current role, one thing i'm looking for is a *little* bit more flexibility. right now i'm very glued to my seat from 930-530 and there is absolutely no wiggle room. so i was hoping to find something a little bit more flexible. but i'm not sure how i can ask this in an interview. i don't want to give off the wrong impression - i feel like if i ask it will sound like i'm looking for an easy gig or i'm not a hard worker or i'm not willing to earn flexibility first before it's granted to me. i was thinking of posing this question "can you give me a few examples of how your company promotes work/life balance". or should i just straight up ask - what are the hours and is there any flexibility?

thoughts?

Thank you!

The hours is something you shouldn't need to ask because it should be in the job ad or mentioned during the interview without you bringing it up. That was something I was glad that was mentioned during one of my interviews because the hours were 3pm to 11pm and I was no longer interested in the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search