Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 09:58 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times

Advertisements

ANYONE ELSE HAVE HORRIBLE INTERVIEWS FROM HELL!?

I was shocked when I went on an interview for an HR position at a local hospital in my area of NJ. I have never had such an unprofessional interview (I am speaking about the interviewers!).
I get there on time and this woman pops her head out of a door and says Yes? can I help you? I said, I am here for a 10am interview with such and such. Her reply: "She is not here today neither is so and so. You have me. She asked if I filled out an application. I said, Yes..a month ago, since I was here on another interview. She calls whoever and says, no you have to fill one out again (7 pages). I said, Ok.
So I fill it out.. She proceeds to tell me to sit in the board room and says, well, it's me, you and 2 more SECRETARIES. Im thinking to myself, secretaries? None of HR was to be found!So Im listening to her and she says you have a job descrption, right? I said, no. I didn;t receive one. She rolls her eyes and says so and so didn't give you one? I said no. I was called on the phone to come in. I didn't see anyone in HR before today. I was putting her out as you can tell lol.. She proceeds to tell me about the position WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HR!!! It was a front desk position as a receptionist!!to meet and greet people. I asked what my HR duties were? She said, you can answer a few questions for tuition reimbursement or benefits.. anything else is UPFRONT at the receptionist booth!!!!!
She asked me "are you familiar with ANSWERING A PHONE? I almost sht my pants..... (I should have asked her if they have tuition reimbursement for How to answer the phone 101!).....UGH. It was going nowhere fast!!
She gets to pay scale. She asks me "what do you want for money?"
I paused and said what is the company scale? She replied well it starts from 11.67 to 16.28 an hr. (I Have 15 years exp. as a secretary and HR generalist and assistant). I was in shock!! I paused again, she said WELL, I NEED A figure right now!
GEESH!!!!!!!!!!! I thought to myself..What a biotch!! LOL>
SO SHE WRITES IT DOWN! (obviously I asked for the high end and KNEW I would be disqualified!!)
She then says, there is some travel for this position. I said, ok. ( I was thinking maybe go offsite to different depts.) and she says, we will be sending you to KINKO'S to make some copies.......
I almost fell of my chair.
She said we'll be in touch....( I felt like saying, I hope not!). It was seriously something from a MAD TV skit....11.67 and a college degree and 20 years experience with a totally misleading position...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 10:04 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
I think we have all been to one of those interviews. I have actually stopped the interview when I found out the job was not the one for which I had applied, had nothing to do with what I was looking for, and was not going to pay enough to cover my bills. Maybe they don't mind wasting my time, but I do.

*shakes head* Kinko's, huh? Wow.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:05 AM

260 posts, read 675,960 times
OMG, that is crazy.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,807 times
Wow, at least you know what kind of people you would be working with...do not go to a 2nd interview no matter what! Move on there is something better out there for you!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:07 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Let's hope this isn't how the rest of the hospital is run!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:29 AM

732 posts, read 4,158,065 times
Thats alot of money. Here in FL it would be $7-9$

Old 07-04-2008, 01:35 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,672 times
Well, if HR = Human Resources, then from the sounds of that interview, looks like they really need someone to whip that department into shape! Sorry that happened to you.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:41 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,468,083 times
Oh my, that's funny. I would have busted out laughing at the travel destination of Kinko's! I have had to stop a couple of interviews in the middle and say, "Ya know what, this isn't going to work out, but thank you so much for meeting with me."

One of these interviews was at a public school and I was interviewing to be a Special Ed Aide and the principal couldn't tell me how much it paid or how much dependent health care would be and she told me unpaid hours would be required and most people only do this one year and then quit. So I went into to my, "Ya know what, this isn't going to work out, but thank you so much for meeting with me."

Old 07-04-2008, 01:41 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,275 times
Unfortunately, it's these experiences that give HR a bad reputation. However, look at it this way, you have seen how this place is run. Can you imagine working in a place like this.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:07 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
Yeah, I went on one interview, (large country-wide retail corporate headquarters) and when I asked what my salary was going to be, they had no idea. They actually had to send me to another floor to talk to another person. I didn't take the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search