Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 10:29 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Why set aside one day per week to remember G()D when one can be in the company of G()D perpetually?

Never cut off from The Source.
Excellent! Beautiful! We are in complete agreement! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 11:44 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
I am focused upon G()D 24/7 but have no need to focus on the Torah in every aspect of my life.

Why set aside one day per week to remember G()D when one can be in the company of G()D perpetually?

Never cut off from The Source.

Strange things take place in these forums, seems a lot of people are speaking directly to God so that what they say must be true because God told them. I don't know you, but I just wanted to warn you.

The law should always be on your lips, but I understand some people have lives and they probably aint obsessed like me.

Funny thing about court, one needs a lawyer.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:40 AM

1,422 posts, read 951,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

Not necessarily...

Old 05-08-2015, 04:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Excellent! Beautiful! We are in complete agreement! Thank you!
Why'd that bring to mind Gilbert Goddfried when I read it?...

Old 05-08-2015, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Not necessarily...
'Tis a fool that has himself as a client...

Old 05-08-2015, 12:24 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,814 times
When it comes to following the instructions of others or following my own heart, external 'warnings' related to my own experience and relationship with G()D are wisely unheeded.

No religion organizes what happens between me and G()D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Strange things take place in these forums, seems a lot of people are speaking directly to God so that what they say must be true because God told them. I don't know you, but I just wanted to warn you.

The law should always be on your lips, but I understand some people have lives and they probably aint obsessed like me.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:04 AM

145 posts, read 98,701 times
There is no [i]Chiyuv(obligation to wear a Kippah Halacha only states that a man cannot walk Dalet Amot(Four Cubits)with his head uncovered so a Jewish man can pretty much wear any form of head covering/gear he wants and not Davka precisely the Jewish Kippah which some religious men wear or opt to wear baseball caps/farmer hats instead of the Kippah

In regards to Tallit Katan even that is not Obligatory to my mere understanding as the Shulcan Aruch says Tov and Nacon (Good and Right) to wear the Tallit Katan does not use the word Chiyuv

Old 05-14-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniHaGever View Post
There is no [i]Chiyuv(obligation to wear a Kippah Halacha only states that a man cannot walk Dalet Amot(Four Cubits)with his head uncovered so a Jewish man can pretty much wear any form of head covering/gear he wants and not Davka precisely the Jewish Kippah which some religious men wear or opt to wear baseball caps/farmer hats instead of the Kippah

In regards to Tallit Katan even that is not Obligatory to my mere understanding as the Shulcan Aruch says Tov and Nacon (Good and Right) to wear the Tallit Katan does not use the word Chiyuv
Even when walking in your own home?...

Old 05-17-2015, 04:24 AM

145 posts, read 98,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Even when walking in your own home?...
Yep the Issur (prohibition)of a man walking uncovered [i]Dalet Amot [/I applies also in the home

Old 05-18-2015, 04:35 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniHaGever View Post
There is no Chiyuv(obligation to wear a Kippah Halacha only states that a man cannot walk Dalet Amot(Four Cubits)with his head uncovered so a Jewish man can pretty much wear any form of head covering/gear he wants and not Davka precisely the Jewish Kippah which some religious men wear or opt to wear baseball caps/farmer hats instead of the Kippah

[i]In regards to Tallit Katan even that is not Obligatory to my mere understanding as the Shulcan Aruch says Tov and Nacon (Good and Right) to wear the Tallit Katan does not use the word Chiyuv
I wont take my hat off at funerals and that's why I don't go, or when I do go, I stay away from people. 6 people will tell me to take my hat off and I just tell them, '' no, but I can leave.''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism