Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 03:18 PM

243 posts, read 102,408 times

Advertisements

Yes, a very good article worth saving. You guys all go out of your way to answer people , which is refreshing to see. I have Rabbi Sacks saved now. He has a lot of good articles and videos out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 03:21 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,734,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin mouse View Post
Yes, a very good article worth saving. You guys all go out of your way to answer people , which is refreshing to see. I have Rabbi Sacks saved now. He has a lot of good articles and videos out.

And you ask great questions, which is also refreshing to see!

Old 08-21-2019, 04:28 PM

Really? That’s because I don’t know everything yet.
I’ll probably have a lot of questions as time goes on .
There’s only so much to learn from reading. I love the idea of having a site where I can ask questions from real people and get different viewpoints.
I can tell which movement has the most in common with the way I believe or more importantly, if I don’t understand something or interpret something the wrong way, I’ll find out before it’s too late and it’s already drilled in my head.
I definitely have a lot to learn. I also love the sages and commentaries and midrashs( don’t know the plural right off my head)
When I first heard the Midrash about Abraham and his father’s idol shop, I was looking all over the Torah for that one.
That shows how much I don’t know( wasn’t there, of course)

Old 08-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Really? That’s because I don’t know everything yet.
I’ll probably have a lot of questions as time goes on .
There’s only so much to learn from reading. I love the idea of having a site where I can ask questions from real people and get different viewpoints.
I can tell which movement has the most in common with the way I believe or more importantly, if I don’t understand something or interpret something the wrong way, I’ll find out before it’s too late and it’s already drilled in my head.
I definitely have a lot to learn. I also love the sages and commentaries and midrashs( don’t know the plural right off my head)
When I first heard the Midrash about Abraham and his father’s idol shop, I was looking all over the Torah for that one.
That shows how much I don’t know( wasn’t there, of course)

No one knows everything. Some days, I know nothing!

Old 08-21-2019, 05:41 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,999 times
Quote:
Is the Messianic era when the 3rd temple supposed to be built? Is the Dome on the Rock on the ground where the Temple will be built?
I don’t know much about this subject yet. I hear different views about it. I have questions on that topic too, but I’m afraid that it will get into Politics, which I don’t want to .
Yes, the Dome of the Rock is on the site where the Temple will stand. There's a reason that it will take the messiah to build it, no?

In the messianic age, there will be world peace and the leaders of the world will look to Israel. In that time, he should have no problem building our Temple in its rightful place.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:12 PM

I can’t picture world peace any time soon. There has always been wars and they will keep coming.
One part of the world seems to be making peace, then war starts in another part of the world.
It seems like most people have given up on the concept of a messiah.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:23 PM

Not at all.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:59 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,876,878 times
Quote:
I can’t picture world peace any time soon. There has always been wars and they will keep coming.
One part of the world seems to be making peace, then war starts in another part of the world.

Don't you ever give up hope, PM. (Not that I think you will.)

Old 08-21-2019, 07:27 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Quote:
Thats because the written Torah, as a stand-alone document, is misleading and possibly useless without our oral tradition, as written in the Mishna, Gamara, midrashim, etc.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:29 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Quote:
In Jewish history, redemption has always come very suddenly. Yosef haTzadek and yetsias mitzrayim are just two examples. I expect moschiach will be no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism