Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 03:58 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post

I also believe that there are different spiritual paths for different nations of people. Jews follow one particular path because of the separate covenant G-d made with us. That doesn't mean that G-d has no use for or interest in other peoples.
Yes, of course.....isn't that why G-d handed down the Noahide Laws for gentiles? (I'm probably misspelling it.) He recognized that there is more than one "right way" - and that Judaism is but one available path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2019, 03:59 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
I think the Jewish concept of the Mashiach that you described shows the Mashiach to be more of a heroic figure, whereas perhaps the Christians see the Mashiach as more of a mystical figure? Another difference is that, in our faith, it's my understanding that any person in any generation could be the Mashiach if the time for the Mashiach to come is the right time. But in the Christian faith, only one person could ever be the Mashiach and that person had to be G-d Himself.

That's absolutely vile. But I wouldn't say that only certain evangelical Christians do stuff like that. I once encountered a person who claimed that the Jews who died in the Holocaust were being punished for evil things that they had done in a previous life. That it was necessary for these Jews to go through such horrors, in order to "teach" them to be better people in their next life. So, in effect, it was "all good" to this person's way of thinking. Well, the Holocaust was NOT a good thing, to MY way of thinking.

People who have such views and feel a need to foist them on others aren't enlightening anyone – they're only striving to reassure themselves of their own convictions.
Everyone should already know who the Messiah is, and it is not hard at all for a Gentile to follow the prophesies, to find the Messiah, he is alive right now, he is crippled and poor, homeless last time I checked. We are already informed about the name of the Messiah and it should be a given, it is so obvious right in everyone's face, and yet so hidden. I believe it is well hidden for many good reasons, maybe the world has so many souls to body and if Messiah was known to everyone and exposed, well then, I woudn't be special at all, my knowing is reward for all the million trillon hours I spent in study.

It doesn't matter in the least if you tell people who the messiah is, laying down scripture after scripture showing who Messiah is, people will choose not to believe it. Seems like it can only be believed is after ten paths brought you to the same conclusion from your own study.

O yea, I have a secret, my precious, well, it is a treasure to me. I am so, so special lol.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:02 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Everyone should already know who the Messiah is, and it is not hard at all for a Gentile to follow the prophesies, to find the Messiah, he is alive right now, he is crippled and poor, homeless last time I checked. We are already informed about the name of the Messiah and it should be a given, it is so obvious right in everyone's face, and yet so hidden. I believe it is well hidden for many good reasons, maybe the world has so many souls to body and if Messiah was known to everyone and exposed, well then, I woudn't be special at all, my knowing is reward for all the million trillon hours I spent in study.

It doesn't matter in the least if you tell people who the messiah is, laying down scripture after scripture showing who Messiah is, people will choose not to believe it. Seems like it can only be believed is after ten paths brought you to the same conclusion from your own study.

O yea, I have a secret, my precious, well, it is a treasure to me.
What are you TALKING about? The Messiah is alive now, homeless and poor? Since you claim to know the name, how about spilling the beans? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:30 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,876,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, of course.....isn't that why G-d handed down the Noahide Laws for gentiles? (I'm probably misspelling it.) He recognized that there is more than one "right way" - and that Judaism is but one available path.

I think that the Noahide Laws were instituted so that non-Jews could live amicably as righteous Gentiles within Jewish lands. We don't expect non-Jews to abide by Torah or convert to Judaism, but we do have some minimal expectations so that we can get along with each other. These minimal expectations are expressed in the seven basic Noahide Laws.

Contrast this with what was expected of Jews living in Christian lands. We were historically expected to convert to Christianity and worship Jesus. When that didn't happen, Jews were expelled from European countries (England, Spain, Portugal, etc.) -- or, worse.

There was generally no middle ground like the Noahide Laws for Jews living in Christian lands. We were told: "It's Jesus' way or the highway. Convert or get outta town."

Old 11-10-2019, 05:09 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
What are you TALKING about? The Messiah is alive now, homeless and poor? Since you claim to know the name, how about spilling the beans? Inquiring minds want to know.
Messiah comes out of Judah, everyone knows this. The Messiah's name is David, everyone knows this, the Messiah is the son of David. You go find a crippled, poor Jew, and help him as if he were the real messiah, meaning that you are willing to hand over all you have, and serve him as if he was the real Messiah because he is of Judah, he is the son of David. You have just spent your time and money working hard in the presence of Messiah.

There is two kingdoms of Israel, one represents flesh, and one represents spirit and this is Ephraim and Judah respectively.

The coming of Messiah has been detailed in the prophets already, he comes to Judah first, and he has the famous,'' Face to face.''

Everyone in Judah becomes like angels who stand before the throne, everyone in Judah becomes like the golden vessels of the temple transformed, and no longer even human.

The coming of Messiah is a spirit indwelling a human, and that spirit comes to Judah first, and of course, this explains all the universal prophesies of the whole world suddenly changing to one religion. The spirit of Messiah has just come to Judah, and the world sees it and trembles.

What could possibly make the whole world become one religion, and more important, why will the kings of all the nations gather wealth to sit at the feet of Judah?

Zechariah shows the feast of Tabernacles taking place with the coming of Messiah where ALL IN JUDAH have been transformed by the promised rain of Sukkot (Tishri 15th~When all holy days take place on one day) Shemini Atzeret is the great eighth day and even in tradition it is shown as a circumcision especially considering it is a day out of time, and the rain that is promised is a circumcising rain, and why we see the flesh cut away from everyone in Judah because of the rain.

Judah carries the seed of God, and a seed is nothing if it always remains a seed, but when the water falls on the seed, the seed dies and become transformed into a tree bearing fruit.

Zechariah is detailing that rain and highly insinuating that the people who fight against Jerusalem, the cause of Jerusalem and her feasts will die in that rain if they are not already keeping Sukkot.

After that rain has fallen, it is then that the whole world is warned that they had better keep Sukkot or they shall have no rain and considering what has taken place, it is possibly the greatest hope and the greatest scripture in the bible lol. Of course we know the nations accept this challenge because we see the world gathering the wealth to Judah and paying great homage, we see the whole world become one religion because of what happens in Judah

It shows the Lord coming, it shows Judah being transformed, and STILL, the remaining nations and people are warned about the rain of Sukkot.

Messiah comes in Judah and it says all of Judah, not just one of Judah, IN MY OPINION, and this is a very logical and reasonable thing, because where it was ten Gentiles to each Jew, now it is 666,000 Gentiles for each Jew, I calculated that myself.

To the Gentile Christian I will give my very good advise if he is looking for the Messiah.

A Gentile goes out and finds an elderly Jewish soul if he is so lucky to find one, and then if he is really, really lucky enough that the Jewish person would accept the Gentile's help, the Gentile strengthens him and stands him on his feet, loves him as a father, and serves him as if he was really the Messiah

It's over after that, once a Gentile commits and gives his all to serve that Jewish soul BECAUSE he is a Jewish soul, it's over, your life as you once knew it will never be the same again.

Why?

Cause God promised.

Who is the Messiah?

You are Rachel. My opinion, but a pretty good opinion. Either way, my opinion is based in the NT, Jesus talks about coming to see him in jail, feeding him when he was hungry, clothing him when he was naked, and he was talking about Jews. How Gentiles are to serve Jews, as Isaiah 60 and 61 prophesied about what would be proclaimed, Gentiles will build your walls, work your gardens.

The nation who will not serve will perish, that is what it says.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 11-10-2019 at 05:45 PM..

Old 11-10-2019, 06:42 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
The concept of "Original Sin," pertinent to Christianity, explains the disconnect between evangelical Christians who are hell-bent (oops, you should excuse the expression!) on "saving" Jews - and the Jews who (rightfully) resent someone else's religion being forced down their throat as the only "true" religion. As you note, we have no such concept as "Original Sin," and thus we do not need anyone to save us (as if that were even possible.) That is why conversation attempts have such an abysmal success rate.

Along those lines, that is also why the Jews-for-Jesus movement popped up. Evangelical Christians determined to win Jews' souls were becoming frustrated with their low success rate, and they come up with a very sneaky, deceitful way to continue their efforts: Tell Jews who are resistant to leaving their faith that they can STILL be Jews, just Jews who believe Jesus is a supreme being who will "save" them from hell. This is a lie, pure and simple, as believing in anything other than "the Lord is One" violates the very tenant of Judaism.
Did you mean ‘conversion attempts’?...

Old 11-10-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Somehow that didn’t sound kosher...

Old 11-10-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Hanni’s been hitting the Merlot to hard tonight...

Old 11-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I think that the Noahide Laws were instituted so that non-Jews could live amicably as righteous Gentiles within Jewish lands. We don't expect non-Jews to abide by Torah or convert to Judaism, but we do have some minimal expectations so that we can get along with each other. These minimal expectations are expressed in the seven basic Noahide Laws.

Contrast this with what was expected of Jews living in Christian lands. We were historically expected to convert to Christianity and worship Jesus. When that didn't happen, Jews were expelled from European countries (England, Spain, Portugal, etc.) -- or, worse.

There was generally no middle ground like the Noahide Laws for Jews living in Christian lands. We were told: "It's Jesus' way or the highway. Convert or get outta town."
Or be burned at the stake...

Old 11-10-2019, 07:26 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,876,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Hanni’s been hitting the Merlot to hard tonight...

Save some for us, Hanni!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism