Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Another case of circular argument, right?

A people writes an ethnocentric book which implies they are supposed to be the head of all nations, that claims their god is better and greater than everybody else's (eventually evolving to the idea their god is the ONLY god there is) topped off by the idea they are that god's special and chosen people and the rest of the world is just supposed to say, "oh, okay?"

Well, I'm God's other secret son he had with a Sumerian woman in 4364 B.C.

Yah--just because. God chose Jacob and raised the nation of Israel out of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 09:03 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
So if the Jews are indeed god's chosen people as affirmed by you Christians, why do you ignore what they say about things such as the meaning of their own writngs, their beliefs on Satan, Hell, and the nature of god, etc?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:16 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
And if the bible was written in Liechtenstein, guess who the "chosen people" would be?

wowowowowow.

can you prove it was - if not written there - not transferred there ... after all their absolutistic monarch might restore honor and glory to his name.

rofl.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
But the chosen version of Knowledge being known for anyone thinking or not about the known this Knowledge may claim is the Muslims.

Won't Vote. They don't Know. Thus we can portray the world with a Subject we know nothing about. I heard they were a thinking kind of group of people: not of the Knowledge chosen by Allah and His Fattah type edict; therefore I can only conclude this knowledge, being the chosen, is by after-all thoughtless People.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:48 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Another case of circular argument, right?

A people writes an ethnocentric book which implies they are supposed to be the head of all nations, that claims their god is better and greater than everybody else's (eventually evolving to the idea their god is the ONLY god there is) topped off by the idea they are that god's special and chosen people and the rest of the world is just supposed to say, "oh, okay?"

Well, I'm God's other secret son he had with a Sumerian woman in 4364 B.C.
If the Jews themselves Authored the Bible, why would their Book claim that God thought of them as an (unclean woman). Now if I was going to write a Book, and wanted people to think highly of me, I would of put a better description of myself than that one. Also, why would they write a Book that stated to the world that all their ways were evil? The Bible does not elevate the Jewish race, infact, it does just the oppsite. The God of the Bible has little good to say about the Jewish race. Your belief that the Bible is an ethnocentric Book that elevates the Jews, is a false belief that is not grounded in facts.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:04 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
So if the Jews are indeed god's chosen people as affirmed by you Christians, why do you ignore what they say about things such as the meaning of their own writngs, their beliefs on Satan, Hell, and the nature of god, etc?
We ignore what the Jews say today, because their own writings state that it will be the Jewish people who will reject their own Messiah. And their own writings tell us that as a people God will punish them, and exile them to the ends of the earth. Yet near the time of the end, He will bring them back to their own land to fulfill His purposes.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:29 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
Geez you guys don't get it. It's all about "Israel" the people not the country. We're talking ALL 12 Tribes who will be regathered to the Land of their forefathers in the end times. THEY are the chosen people. The Jewish people are Yahudah, ONE of those 12 tribes. The rest are the "Lost Sheep of the House of Israel". You all sound a bit anti semetic in this matter to me. Get over it. It is ALL of Israel that are HIS chosen people and they will be reunited as ONE. Yahudah is the "banner" tribe they will rally around however. Says so in the book ;-)

Old 06-14-2009, 08:48 PM

275 posts, read 707,940 times
Honestly, I am a Jew and I don't even believe that we are the chosen people.

I believe that we were all created equally and in God's eyes, are all the same.

Then again, I do hate the fact that I get bashed daily by Christians b/c I don't believe in hell, I say "Happy Holidays" during holidays to be non specific, and because I teach my kids that Jesus was a prophet. :/ Wonder why so many in my congregation are so accepting and the methodist church down the street likes to attack us?

*sigh* I wish everyone was tolerant.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongirl24 View Post
Honestly, I am a Jew and I don't even believe that we are the chosen people.

I believe that we were all created equally and in God's eyes, are all the same.

Then again, I do hate the fact that I get bashed daily by Christians b/c I don't believe in hell, I say "Happy Holidays" during holidays to be non specific, and because I teach my kids that Jesus was a prophet. :/ Wonder why so many in my congregation are so accepting and the methodist church down the street likes to attack us?

*sigh* I wish everyone was tolerant.
Nikongirl, I need to borrow your post here, ok?

Thanks.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:38 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,974 times
Israel is not anymore the "chosen people" of God

God chooses people to serve Him alone; those who serve God alone are the chosen of God: He chooses them: He guided them to worship Him and they should worship none other than He alone.

Adam was chosen, and even after his sin, he asked God's forgiveness, and God forgave him and chose him to worship him alone and He assigned him a prophet.

Then He chose Noah and those who believed with him.

Then He chose Abraham who broke up the idols of his people.

Then God chose Abraham's son: Isaac and Ismael and made them prophets.

Then God chose Jacob and made him a prophet worshipping God the Lord of the heavens and the earth, and Jacob was surnamed the "servant of God", or "Israel".

Then God chose Jacob's sons: the twelve patriarchs, and Jacob instructed them to serve God (Yahweh in Hebrew) the Creator of the heavens and the earth.
God sent the Children of Israel many prophets after Moses and Aaron like David and Solomon …etc.

But the Children of Israel served some other gods like the gold calf made for them by the Samaritan in the time of Moses when they were in the Wilderness of Sinai,
and two gold calves made by Jeroboam son of Nabat,
and worshipped Astaroth and Baal and the stars of the sky like the star Sirius: they called it the "Queen of Heaven".

http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com/english2.htm#They_Worshiped_the_Idols (broken link)_

Therefore, God deserted Israel and divorced it because of its adultery and
betrayal of her Lord: so that they fell in the idolatry and associating others with God in the worship and servitude.

God divorced Israel and they are not anymore the "chosen people of God."

Then Jesus Christ came and they stood against him, so he said to them, as in the Gospel according to Matthews 21: 43
“Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you* and shall be given to a nation** yielding the fruits thereof.”

[*Jews.
**It shall be given to a nation that shall work according to God’s commandments, i.e. the Islamic nation.]

And this is in the Book of Jeremiah, chapter 3, the following:
“6-And the Lord said to me in the days of king Josiah: Have you seen what rebellious Israel has done? She has gone of herself upon every high mountain and under every green tree and has played the harlot there*.
7-And when she had done all these things, I said: Return to me. And she did not return. And her treacherous sister Juda saw.
8-That because the rebellious Israel had played the harlot, I had put her away and given her a bill of divorce: yet her treacherous sister Juda was not afraid, but went and played the harlot also herself.
9-And by the facility of her fornication she defiled the land and played the harlot with stone and with stocks.”

[ *i.e. she served stones and idols instead of God, and by doing so, she betrayed her Lord.]

Then when the Christ came, the first Christians were chosen to worship God alone. then they associated and said the Trinity and Jesus as the son of God, and they are not anymore chosen.

Then the Islamic nations became the chosen people of God, and if they associate by the enthusiasm, they will also be discarded.

But if they keep up on the monotheism and devotion to God alone, they will also be the chosen people of God and He will be with them against their enemies.

The Disagreement of the (http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com/english2.htm - broken link)

Last edited by eanassir; 06-15-2009 at 06:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism