Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 01:04 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times

Advertisements

the Jews are God's "chosen people"

I absolutely agree and consent to this statement.
It is clear and obvious fact. All it takes is to look out the window and to see, how successful, prosperous and beneficial to humanity Jews were. In art, in science, in health care, in financial affairs. Just to mention the most obvious ones. I'll add politics to that too.
Nothing to argue or to contest here. It is simple and obvious fact.
Other bloods should learn and follow, led by example, not finger pointing and scape goating. Jews reached such heights because others didn't. There is little to none competition.

Good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 01:14 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
the Jews are God's "chosen people"

I absolutely agree and consent to this statement.
It is clear and obvious fact. All it takes is to look out the window and to see, how successful, prosperous and beneficial to humanity Jews were. In art, in science, in health care, in financial affairs. Just to mention the most obvious ones. I'll add politics to that too.
Nothing to argue or to contest here. It is simple and obvious fact.
Sorry, but I’ll argue that. The Jewish influence on arts, government, science etc is totally worthless. Our true contribution to the world is that Hashem created the concept of morality, and we are the people who use His Torah to bring that to fruition. It’s why the world hates us - our Torah represents the morality Hashem wishes for the world, and we’ve taken it upon ourselves (successful or not) to publicize that morality.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:16 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Please check dates and posting activity before you respond to posters when old threads are revived.

Further, if a proselytizer posts here, the proper action is to report, not respond. Thanks.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:33 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Sorry, but I’ll argue that. The Jewish influence on arts, government, science etc is totally worthless. Our true contribution to the world is that Hashem created the concept of morality, and we are the people who use His Torah to bring that to fruition. It’s why the world hates us - our Torah represents the morality Hashem wishes for the world, and we’ve taken it upon ourselves (successful or not) to publicize that morality.

As far as you follow the mitzwoh and the Law of Khallakha, you will not influence much of outsiders, being tight enclosed community.

If you want to influence outsiders, goyim,, "bring it to the world", with whatever principles you wish to, you have to go public and mass media public. That, sorry, IS art, movies, books, science, health care, education, politics and so on.

MQ, are you referring to the title of OP or the last 4 posts from yesterday?

Old 11-08-2019, 02:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Yes, talking donkeys are so much more believable than that.
I have had far better conversations with donkeys than CDF posters
Cats are even better

Old 11-09-2019, 09:00 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
As far as you follow the mitzwoh and the Law of Khallakha, you will not influence much of outsiders, being tight enclosed community.

If you want to influence outsiders, goyim,, "bring it to the world", with whatever principles you wish to, you have to go public and mass media public. That, sorry, IS art, movies, books, science, health care, education, politics and so on.

MQ, are you referring to the title of OP or the last 4 posts from yesterday?
Neither. There was a report, and several posts had to be deleted.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:50 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
There are some anti-Semites on this thread.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:54 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,876,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

Ya think? I felt compelled to break Shabbat last night to address someone who I hope didn't realize what he was saying. Both his post and mine got deleted -- his because it was awful, and mine because it was orphaned when I quoted him. (Thank you, Mods, for taking care of that mess.)

Old 11-09-2019, 07:04 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I am like that crazy uncle on Seinfeld that thinks everyone is an anti Semitic, God gives a people land, and even the League of nations allotted the land from the Nile to the Euphrates to Israel, all that is left is a tiny piece of what Israel owned by God and man. But yeah, plenty Anti Semitics, you had to go and kill God, then you stole all the money from the whole world, you are still claiming to be Jews when everyone else knows they are the real Jew, and to top this off, you had to go ahead and invent a holocaust that never happened lol. That's about the size of it, why did you kill God Rachel, O, and you don't keep the ten commandments? I didn't get that one.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:38 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Behold, the true Jew lol, now where have I heard that before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism