Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 10:16 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Oh crap!!
Don't worry, I don't visit the Kansas side. Well, actually, I'll be in the air over there for a little bit. If you see a helicopter hovering low, just wave!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 06:56 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Don't worry, I don't visit the Kansas side. Well, actually, I'll be in the air over there for a little bit. If you see a helicopter hovering low, just wave!
Don't bomb my house or anything!!

Old 09-24-2014, 06:57 AM

495 posts, read 778,709 times
Quote:

You going to be updating your kc portfolio?

Old 09-24-2014, 07:48 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,579,090 times
Quote:
At least use the right city. The "top" restaurants in KCK are mostly suburban chains.

Here:

Best Kansas City, MO Restaurants: See 1,202 restaurants with 21,808 reviews - TripAdvisor Although there are better sites out there for urban dining reviews than tripadvisor

There's only one Kansas City..... It's just spread out in two states. Kinda like Bristol TN/VA

Old 09-24-2014, 07:52 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,263,903 times
Quote:
IThe American is great. I think you mentioned you wanted something more casual though.
Now that I'm thinking this through, I'm gonna drop the American. There are high-end restaurants in every city, and I don't want to waste my time going into some polished place where the wealthy dine that could be anywhere. I want a restaurant where folks are out to enjoy fine food and have fun while doing it. I have lots to choose from thanks to all you folks who have posted.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:02 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shindig View Post
You going to be updating your kc portfolio?
I'm sure I'll get a few updates, mostly just getting pics of specific projects for clients and of course all those projects are in the suburbs. I was just there a couple of months ago and didn't even hit downtown because honestly, urban KC has not changed much from a photography perspective in several years other than the completion of the PAC. I likes cities that don't change much from a business standpoint so my photos stay fresh longer, but will be happy when KC sees some "significant" private construction in the "city".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litefoot View Post
There's only one Kansas City..... It's just spread out in two states. Kinda like Bristol TN/VA
That's fine and true, but the link you provided was for KCK only. KCK is basically a suburb and simply does not have what KCMO offers. KCK has a few urban spoon type places and then some of the national chains. It would be like posting a link only listing Jersey City restaurants when somebody wanted Manhattan.

It would be nice if tripadvisor also thought KC was one city and grouped everything in the KC area (MO and KS) together, but it doesn't. You have to actually go to the state of Kansas to get reviews of KS side attractions and I'm sure many people do what you did and go to Kansas City Kansas and then have a terrible representation of what there is to see and do in KC. There is a lot more to do in KC than go to the speedway area.

So if you are going to link to something about "KC" you are better off listing KCMO (or both KCMO and KCK) because the vast majority of attractions and destination restaurants will be on the MO side and I don't think the OP would find much of anything in KCK per their requests.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:00 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
We'll be moving back full-time next weekend (orders here are up!). It's been fun, but will also be nice to be back home in the KC metro full-time. Looking forward to, among other things, the food we've missed. Access to deep dish pizza, Chicago style dogs, Italian beef, North Shore fish fry, etc. has been grand, but we're looking forward to hitting up Stroud's, various BBQ, and some other sentimental faves before we jet out of the country on our much-awaited honeymoon. Some good ideas on the thread (although we assuredly will be getting to KCK, though not for prime rib...for some tacos and probably to Breit's Stein and Deli in Strawberry Hill for reubens).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City