Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM

52 posts, read 152,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by splittn_embers View Post
Popular post.
Have you ever been to a sporting event? There is no suit and tie at a normal sporting event, unless polo or rugby. Too much beer spillage(not a real word) and too much hot dog dropping to make this a formal affair. I live in Santa Monica, Ca and work as a Personal Trainer in Malibu, Ca. I visit K.C. 2-3 times a year to visit family, let me tell you, it is very easy to meet girls in K.C. A previous poster mentioned your approach. Dude, you seem to have confidence, but no sense of humor. Both are must if you are trying to meet women. You shouldn't take other people's advice so personal. Most of the girls I've met in K.C. are girlfriend/wife material, in L.A., not so much. Definitely hot, but not much upstairs. Height and looks mean nothing if you don't even know how to make a girl laugh and feel special. Don't be desperate, be funny.
Hey bud,

you don't know anything about me. I have a good sense of humor. Your asset is that you have family in Kansas City, while I have no family. They are in a different country. Right away when I start talking about my family being in a different country gets women to think that I am an immigrant despite of the fact that I've been here for about 10 years. You are in a different boat.

I am telling you man...women here do not like people who are originally from a different country...it's too foreign to them...they may not tell you that straight in your face, but inside that's exactly the thought process. I am saying that not every girl thinks that way, but I think most of them do. I mean, I maybe wrong, but I don't think so...been here 10 years man and experienced that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
If you dont mind me asking, where are you from?

Also, weddings are a great place to meet women. If you can get yourself into a large wedding, you will have a buffet of single women to talk to.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:31 AM

5 posts, read 20,433 times
Default You may have a point.

At first I thought you were just pouting, but you may have a point. I myself am very American. I grew up in Iowa, went to college in Texas and now live 3 blocks from the Pacific Ocean. In a place like Kansas City I fit right in. I hate to say this because I really like all of the girls I've met in K.C., but you may need to move. I don't know where you are from but places like L.A., Chicago or Austin,TX might be more to your liking. They all have large foreign communities and people are very opened minded (I think people in K.C. are as well but that's just me.) My last two girlfriends out here in L.A. have been Israeli and Persian. The girls in the cities I've listed would probably be more intrigued by your accent then turned off. Bring lots of money though, it is not cheap out here.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 PM

36 posts, read 114,542 times
As woman who works with single women as a profession I am telling you that is not a REASON it is an EXCUSE.... Otherwise there would not be so many "AMerican Born" people married to people oringinally from other countries. Just in my family alone I have 1 aunt and 3 cousins all married to men from other countries and they all met these men in Kansas City. That is just my family.....

Old 02-26-2010, 06:45 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Surely there are foreign-born women in KC who would not object to dating a foreign-born man. However, I am not by any means prepared to swallow the notion that non-foreign-born women in KC are categorically against dating foreign-born men.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:04 PM

822 posts, read 2,046,124 times
I dunno...Fabio was able to attract a bird.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 PM

10 posts, read 63,106 times
Kansas city holds the record for the worst places for dating....Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: url wrong

Old 02-27-2010, 06:40 PM

131 posts, read 320,684 times
TabulaRasa:

Who are these twenty-something single colleagues of yours?? I would not mind meeting some of them, since I am in that age group... Seems VERY unusual for KC that they are not married or engaged already...

Old 02-27-2010, 08:14 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
^
This also ties into the general aversion to risk that is pretty common in KC. The inclination is quite common to settle down and not place as much emphasis with regard to climbing the career ladder/moving to other places. People generally don't like branching outside their own social circles or comfort zones.
I think I would go crazy if I stayed in one place for very long. That is probably one big reason I don't quite "fit" in the Midwest/Plains.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonToKC View Post
TabulaRasa:

Who are these twenty-something single colleagues of yours?? I would not mind meeting some of them, since I am in that age group... Seems VERY unusual for KC that they are not married or engaged already...
Other teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City