Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:03 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,751,949 times

Advertisements

(note that I borrowed this thread from the VA forum, as we here are also getting bombarded with vague questions)

READ if you are asking about where to live in KY

There's been many threads recently from people requesting information on which cities to live in in KY. If you are about to post one of these information request threads, please include the following:

-Where you are working
-How much you are willing to spend on housing
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate
-If you have kids: Private school or public school?
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight?
-Community amenities important to you
-Pie or cake?

We on the KY forum would appreciate it if you included the above information in your initial post so you can get the information you want as quickly as possible and we would not have to repost the same questions for every thread. Thank you.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:15 PM

486 posts, read 1,897,911 times
Thanks very much! Pie btw.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:00 PM
waw

1 posts, read 18,187 times
Default Good

Good..........Thankyou

waw

Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 18,017 times
Question Looking for boring neighborhood

I will probably be moving to the Lexington area in the near future and will be working at the University of Kentucky Medical Center. I would like to spend around $200,000. Have 2 kids and would like to have them go to public school. I would like a commute less than 20 min if possible (I will work hours of 6 am to 7 pm). Really I want a neighborhood that most people would call boring....Quiet, yard, minimal traffic & possibly somewhere with other young families. A public library nearby would be great. And I love PIE!! Thanks for any advice on possible neighborhoods.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:53 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,056,436 times
OK, here is what you want: there are a couple of neighborhood just south of Central Baptist Hospital. The nearer one is called Glendover, and then there is Lansdowne. Lots of houses at your price range, good schools, not much traffic, plenty of UK doctors and professors, and a public library to the south called the Tates Creek Branch of the Lexington Public Library. It's a good library, very pretty and well-stocked.

For great pie, there is a bakery at called "Missy's Pie Shop", on Woodland between High and Maxwell. Enjoy!!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:49 PM

2 posts, read 25,805 times
Default NEWCOMERS please read before posting

We have had several topics emerge that are related directly to the FAQ sticky topics that have been posted. From now on, please post any further discoveries, explanations, questions, or observations in these topics.
Please keep discussion civil. Just be mature. Discuss anything, take nothing too personal. Keep this the best site about The Thing on the World Wide Web.

rocky

[url="http://www.drugaddiction.net/iowa"]Iowa Drug Addiction[/url]

Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 PM

15 posts, read 47,763 times
Question Relocation

We are looking for a place to retire. We have been looking all over and we found a house in Burkesville that we like. Can anybody give me an input in the area? We are from Illinois.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:38 AM
CGH

5 posts, read 36,976 times
Default Martlueb, just joined forum are you set on Burkesville ?

I just joined the forum and admit this is a great center for first hand info.
I retired after living in Souith Carolina for 30 yrs. We came back to Berea, KY to retire 3 years ago. We just purchased a new home in Richmond, about 15 minutes north of here. I thought this forum would be good to help people looking to come to KY to retire as we did. Of course, I would be less than honest if I left out the fact that I would like to sell my house to someone interested in this area also. You are the first post that I have read, so I thought I would drop a note. I don't know much at all about Burkesville, I've ridden my motorcycle thru there and thats it. I do know a great deal about Lexington, Richmond, Berea and the general central KY area if that will help you. Let me know if I can assist. We are loving it here, except for this past winter, which has been brutal!

Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM

30 posts, read 107,348 times
Will do, and I just have to say this is one Great site! George.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 16,192 times
Okay, I've never been on a forum of this type before...so I'm not sure how to navigate. I am thinking about moving to a small community named Science Hill, Ky (it's about 1 and 1/2 hours south of Lexington, just off Hwy. 27). I would like to know as much as possible about the value of real estate in that area. Where should I post this message to get the most response, if any?

cre
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky