Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we add a Tri-Cities sub forum?
Yes 47 79.66%
No 12 20.34%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 05:34 AM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineywoods View Post
Would love to see a separate listing for Tri-cities posts. We are new to the area, and would like to learn more from the locals. BH
How would having a sub-forum help you learn more from the locals? Adding a sub-forum for the Tri Cities doesn't mean there will be any more information posted than is already being posted here.

I really don't care one way or another, but my only concern is the Tri Cities region covers more than just Bristol, Johnson City, and Kingsport, and I bet most visitors to this forum don't realize that. (Some visitors here have even thought that "Tri Cities" refers to Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga.)

Besides, the way things have been going lately around here, it looks like Hawks Bluff and Sequatchie Point should also have their own sub-forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Default Boycott The Sub-Forums

I thought this was supposed to be a Tennessee forum. Are people supposed to learn about all parts of Tennessee by going to all of these separate forums. I think the sub-forums are a terrible idea...all of them. If you, for example, need to work in Knoxville but think you might want to live in Maryville, do you have to go to 2 different locations to look for information? If you are coming to the state for a visit and you only get 3 responses in the general Tennessee forum is it because other people that might help you never see it because they are only posting in one city's forum and now possibly one region's forum?

We used to get over 50 responses to some threads. That doesn't happen anymore because everyone is posting in their own little city cubbyhole.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:39 AM

31 posts, read 135,419 times
Yes, but how about a "Smoky Mountains Forum" ?
Lol

Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Quote:
I really don't care one way or another, but my only concern is the Tri Cities region covers more than just Bristol, Johnson City, and Kingsport, and I bet most visitors to this forum don't realize that. (Some visitors here have even thought that "Tri Cities" refers to Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga.)
Too true, there is a "Tri-Cities" sign when you enter into Greeneville!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM

77 posts, read 290,971 times
Yes - I'd like to see one, because I'm thinking of relocating to either Kingsport or Johnson City. I would not call it Tri-Cities though - use the official city designation of the MSA.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:17 PM

86 posts, read 333,786 times
The Tri-Cities area has two MSAs....Johnson City MSA and the Kingsport-Bristol-Bristol TN/VA. MSA (That last one sounds complicated, but two states are involved and Bristol is located in both TN and VA. My preference would be either Tri-Cities or Kingsport/Johnson City/Bristol

Old 06-21-2007, 04:34 PM

64 posts, read 243,189 times
Default Subforum - yes

I would welcome a TriCities subforum, as I am new to the area & want to chat specifically about this part of TN.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:45 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
::::::::::::::::jumping up and down screaming enthusiastically:::::::::::::::::

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snickering....I was going to do that but decided to put my poker face on....lol

Old 06-21-2007, 06:08 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Snickering....I was going to do that but decided to put my poker face on....lol
That's not much of a poker face

Old 06-21-2007, 09:06 PM

239 posts, read 699,623 times
Default Yes, please!

Yes, I would love to see a sub-forum for the Tri-Cities. There are quite a few questions for that area and I'd be interested in seeing them grouped together. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol