Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM

3 posts, read 3,237 times

Advertisements

First off I would make sure there is access to your property for any large equipment.
If you do not have direct access to a major highway, getting permits to move heavy equipment would be problematic, especially if you share a driveway or access road with somebody.
A developer bought the "tree farm" 400 acres behind my property to develop it, only to find out he needs a 50' access road, not the present 40'. My neighbor is sure as hell not going to sell him the land ( he owns the property on both sides of the present access road).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 462 times
I am in SE Louisiana (NE Tangipahoa Parrish) - and have an offer which is lower than what is common here - but I do know that simply searching (any search engine) will give you companies that lease mineral rights. Also you can contact our local County (Parish) Clerk for information on which companies are actively looking to acquire leases.

BTW - we were offered c. $ 150 per acre (called "bonus") plus royalties - but the royalties are not clear in the contract. And for a 5 year lease. But $175 to $200 for a 3 year lease with option to buy an additional two years (for more money of course) is common here.

Which is why I am actively also searching for offers for leasing.

I do not wish to pay any lawyers, btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville