Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times

Advertisements

I responded to you in another thread about the area. It may be a bit of a haul to Oak Ridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 04:24 PM

39 posts, read 111,812 times
yeah when i lived there it took about 25 - 35 minutes to get to oak ridge, of course depends on the time of day as well.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
In the other thread I suggested that kkspangl look into Clinton. Housing prices are even cheaper and the commute would be a breeze.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 PM

Clinton would be a great alternative and there are some pretty nice neighborhoods popping up out there, aren't there?

Old 03-23-2008, 12:24 AM

25 posts, read 58,254 times
Default Knoxville Relocation

Yes we are looking at multiple areas now including the Clinton area, this one house is just one we really have a strong interest in. I will be working at Siemens which is just of the I40 at 810 Innovation Drive Knoxville, TN, this is just a little east of Farragut. According to online driving directions it is approxamatley 23 miles from the house to my work site. We are looking at several homes in the Clinton area also and will see what happens in the near future. I want to thank you all so far for all your input and info it is so helpful, and I am sure I will continue to ask for more.

Thanks

kkspangl

Old 03-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Eat

303 posts, read 1,142,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkspangl View Post
Yes we are looking at multiple areas now including the Clinton area, this one house is just one we really have a strong interest in. I will be working at Siemens which is just of the I40 at 810 Innovation Drive Knoxville, TN, this is just a little east of Farragut. According to online driving directions it is approxamatley 23 miles from the house to my work site. We are looking at several homes in the Clinton area also and will see what happens in the near future. I want to thank you all so far for all your input and info it is so helpful, and I am sure I will continue to ask for more.

Thanks

kkspangl
Rent for a year and get to know the area. It saves making an expensive mistake.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:11 PM

25 posts, read 58,254 times
Default Knoxville Relocation

In reply to eats' post: Renting is one option we will look at, but our first option is to buy or do a lease to own option. I am going to be coming to start work in April and I will be giving a first hand in person look at all the properties and communities we are intersted in before making any decisions. We are not actually going to purchase anything until June at the earliest.

Thanks

kkspangl

Old 03-23-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
810 Innovation Drive Knoxville, TN, this is just a little east of Farragut. According to online driving directions it is approxamatley 23 miles from the house to my work site.
oh yeah that's not a very bad drive from halls though... maybe about 30 minutes max on a bad day

Old 03-23-2008, 05:49 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Smile Having a bail-out option never hurts.

Quote:
In reply to eats' post: Renting is one option we will look at, but our first option is to buy or do a lease to own option. I am going to be coming to start work in April and I will be giving a first hand in person look at all the properties and communities we are intersted in before making any decisions. We are not actually going to purchase anything until June at the earliest.

Thanks

kkspangl
I think that the point that Eats was making, kkspangl, is that when you don't know the area very well, sometimes it is a better idea to rent for 6 - 12 months to get a good feel of the entire area before making a monumental expensive decision on a house to buy or even rent-to-own.

Renting for a spell gives you the opportunity to really get a good idea of where the good schools are, how the commute to work will be, shopping possibilites, which areas may have the type of environment you are looking for, etc.

Once you visit an area, find a house, and buy, you are pretty well stuck with it for awhile even if you find out that you did not pick the right neighborhood for you and your family.

Just something to think about.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Eat

303 posts, read 1,142,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
I think that the point that Eats was making, kkspangl, is that when you don't know the area very well, sometimes it is a better idea to rent for 6 - 12 months to get a good feel of the entire area before making a monumental expensive decision on a house to buy or even rent-to-own.

Renting for a spell gives you the opportunity to really get a good idea of where the good schools are, how the commute to work will be, shopping possibilites, which areas may have the type of environment you are looking for, etc.

Once you visit an area, find a house, and buy, you are pretty well stuck with it for awhile even if you find out that you did not pick the right neighborhood for you and your family.

Just something to think about.
Thank you, gemkeeper. Those are exactly the points I wanted to make, but were left out in my rush to do other things.

If I may add something, we found this out the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville