Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Thank you for that public service announcement.

Actually, it's like that for all the UT ppv games. I forget to mention it because I am sports-challenged.

Good job, SMG.
hiknapster: Can you get the discounted price if you order through your remote or do you have to call in order to get the discount? For the last PPV game I called and got the discount because I wanted to make sure I got it.

Thanks for your help!!

Old 10-17-2008, 08:17 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Piperspal- I think you already are a regular. Before we moved here, we kept saying by Spring of 2006, by the end of summer 06, we made it here on September 7,06. So you'll make it and you too will feel that feeling of contentment and bliss.Course anyone I told that I was moving to Tn. they'd look at me funny and say "Why Tn. of all places???" They were all wrong to be so snobby about Tn. theres no place like Home!
Hik, I know it is the Vols sports department that sets the games to be free or PPV, not the cable companies. It was just a whine I felt compelled to verbalize on here. In another life I did used to be a customer service rep for my local phone/cable company. Geez, one year the Mets decided to go PPV for the season and previously they had their own obscure channel that was included in the basic lineup. All of us customer service reps got an earful with every phone call. People just don't understand about the game of programming or sun spots or phone lines being down in rural areas a few hundred miles away that affects the entire network for internet.(I'd tell them that the mules were all busy and the last guy sent to fix those lines hasn't been heard from.... LOL)Verizon wasn't to good about maintaining those phone lines in the rural Pa. mountains.
Have a great day everyone!
Pam

Old 10-17-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
OHH and this ole country girl also has a bumper sticker that says Save a Horse ride a Cowboy. It isnt on the truck but I still have it in the office, just not a fan of bumper stickers.
Painter! I'm shocked! I will not admit online what I ride. LOL OK, my fit of the giggles is over now.... thanks for the laugh.
Pam

Old 10-17-2008, 08:32 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Pam see that is just one of the advantages of being single I can't offend my hubby with something silly. Well on less of course I married a cowboy, and I do love a good fitting Wrangler so Oh who am I kidding...to old to find a good cowboy and I do need to watch my carbs.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:36 AM

197 posts, read 485,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Plus, every time I try to type "refined," it keeps coming out "refried." It must be because I'm so lightheaded...
I just avoid anything that is refined OR refried - or fried in the first place, lol! Nothing processed - usually (I don't go all crazy and check everything I get at a restaurant).
I don't avoid carbs though. I don't count a potato as refined, but I eat the potato skin, too. I avoid HFCS, sugar, artificial anything (including artificial sweeteners). I eat bread. But it is bread I make myself because I notice that almost everything in the stores has something refined in it - either HFCS or white flour or white sugar, etc. So I use stone ground whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, milk, olive oil and molasses or raw honey (in my bread machine). When you wean off of the sweet things, you don't need them anymore.

I've lost a ton of weight. 35 pounds and still losing. No other effort than that. I don't count calories. I have about 50 more to go to be "ideal".

Old 10-17-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Pam see that is just one of the advantages of being single I can't offend my hubby with something silly. Well on less of course I married a cowboy, and I do love a good fitting Wrangler so Oh who am I kidding...to old to find a good cowboy and I do need to watch my carbs.
Painter-
Never to old. I do know of a pool of hopefuls that most people never even consider..... DM me if you want to know and it is free!
I'm feeling rebellious this morning. I'll take a solemn oath to continue to eat carbs, sugar, caffeine, eggs, bacon and I don't buy organic or eat clean and I smoke cigarettes! There, I said it and no apologies either.
Pam

Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Piperspal- I think you already are a regular. Before we moved here, we kept saying by Spring of 2006, by the end of summer 06, we made it here on September 7,06. So you'll make it and you too will feel that feeling of contentment and bliss.Course anyone I told that I was moving to Tn. they'd look at me funny and say "Why Tn. of all places???" They were all wrong to be so snobby about Tn. theres no place like Home!
Hik, I know it is the Vols sports department that sets the games to be free or PPV, not the cable companies. It was just a whine I felt compelled to verbalize on here. In another life I did used to be a customer service rep for my local phone/cable company. Geez, one year the Mets decided to go PPV for the season and previously they had their own obscure channel that was included in the basic lineup. All of us customer service reps got an earful with every phone call. People just don't understand about the game of programming or sun spots or phone lines being down in rural areas a few hundred miles away that affects the entire network for internet.(I'd tell them that the mules were all busy and the last guy sent to fix those lines hasn't been heard from.... LOL)Verizon wasn't to good about maintaining those phone lines in the rural Pa. mountains.
Have a great day everyone!
Pam
Oh, yeah. You definitely worked for the cable company.

What really amazes me is the blackouts. I had a very intelligent-sounding man insist that we blocked out the Braves game. Why in the world would we not want to air the game?

I love most of my customers. I really, really do. But there are some that really are a challenge.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
and I smoke cigarettes!
I just quit and I am on a diet.

I take Chantix. WONDERFUL drug.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Hik, Is that a prescription? I tried to quit a couple of months ago after I figured up what it cost per yr for my last bad habit and it about killed me, lol.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 AM

Chantix is supposed to work great. I'll never find out because I have to justify my addiction. Can't afford the Chantix and still afford smokes.
Hik- Good for you on quitting and dieting. Me, my purpose in this life is to live every day to the fullest and enjoy and indulge. BTW, I'm working my way threw the second box of Ring Dings.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville