Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 09:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I had lunch in the grill at the club when there last week. Decent crowd for a late lunch maybe 15 guys playing games and chatting. Light crowd in the restaurant area maybe three tables with a couple at each. I came in from Knoxville and didnt have a good feel for it's location. The golf course looked good even in winter conditions. The security guard was doing his job only let me in alone to eat something.

After I returned home I noticed if I had driven further into Vonore there is a bridge crossing the water heading to Maryville so perhaps not as remote from medical as I thought?

I too wonder about lingering issues from the change in ownership driven by the downturn a decade ago or so. What lingering impacts are there. I know from experience a golf facility when under utilized due to low membership is a negative cash flow operation excluding any pay for sunk investment to build course and club house. I suspect equestrian facilities are even more so?

The crowd there was friendly and having fun. I lo look forward to any input from residents or members.
For good medical care, you want Knoxville or Vandy in Nashville.

You can meet lots of people having a wonderful time and are friendly, to boot, in the Knoxville area. We have a lot of good to great golf courses. Holston Hills is a classic Donald Ross course, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 06:17 PM

455 posts, read 669,367 times
Lived in the area 10 years. There are good local banks, good local dentists. Some good local doctors, good vets. If you need a good hospital, Fort Loudon Med Ctr is good, but you will probably need to go to Knoxville for anything major. Most shopping is up in Knoxville as well as movie theaters, larger restaurants, UT sports...
Maryville is a nice city, but it is not Knoxville. And Blount Memorial wouldn’t be my choice for a good hospital.
You may want to look into Tellico Village. It is closer to Knoxville than RB. Personally, I don’t think a gated community is necessary in that neck of the woods. The area overall is very safe. It is also very beautiful and laid back. For us, it was a little too far from Knoxville. We got tired of driving. But there are a lot of people living in RB and TV that enjoy mostly staying in the immediate area or don’t mind the 40 or so minute drive up to Knoxville now and then.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:36 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Thanks to you both, the whole area including Tellico Village seems remote to me for my needs. There was some construction too which may have made the trip feel further than it would be in normal conditions.

I am retired so driving a ways to a planned medical visit with an exceptional Dr is something we do here in Plano with a 20 mile drive to primary MD in DT Dallas area. Twice this past fall my wife had to go to an emergency for a septic reaction to C Diff. In these cases we got immediate diagnosis and fast action to reverse the septic reaction at a branch hospital of the major hospitals here in the dfw area.

So both of your points are highly useful for me.

I saw a sign for a Tennessee National development down this general way too its off I75 I believe,

The golf options are nice and useful now at age 70 when I like to play two or three times a week. I can see that declining as I age to longer term its not a key items as it is now

Old 02-28-2018, 06:06 AM

32 posts, read 113,509 times
Regarding my question of how remote Rarity Bay may be from basic services, I appreciate the responses received to date as they at least give me a general sense of the degree of remoteness.

Any update on the status of the relationship between the Declarant which controls Rarity Bay and those who reside or own lots there? Have things settled down to a "new normal"? Or is the state of affairs still one of underlying or even overt tension?

Old 03-03-2018, 09:51 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I would avoid Blount Memorial and Knoxville's Fort Sanders hospital.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,899 times
Good Afternoon,

I am starting to look around at a few areas to relocate from Illinois and found Rarity Bay. It is exactly what I have been looking for, however after reading some of the comments here it seems that RB has a few issues. People have told me to take a look at Tellico Village. I would appreciate any feedback if they think that Rb is headed in the right direction. and there thoughts on Rb vs Tellico village. And of course if there are any other areas i should be looking at.
Thank You for any help!

Old 03-30-2018, 08:25 AM

3 posts, read 5,501 times
jteam, you are not alone. I am from the same area. there appears to be something wrong at RB but those in the know are not talking.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 7,899 times
I really hope it can get resolved before I make a decision, It looks like a perfect place to live, There must be someplace similar to RB that does not have those issues. it's just the hunt for that kind of area that will take time I guess.
Thank You for any input anybody has.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:14 PM

455 posts, read 669,367 times
Try Tellico Village. Just as nice as RB with a healthy financial situation and lots more to do.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:19 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
SkyNSea is right. RB's past issues with their developer and the Declarant have made it seem like a risk to many. Homes there sell slowly, the various fees are much higher than TV. TV has much more amenities and clubs and super friendly people. The only mandatory fees in TV are for the POA which is $127 a month now. New homes are going up all over TV due to a recent settlement of some properties that had back taxes owed. Now that those properties have been sold things are really moving here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville