Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:29 PM

941 posts, read 1,795,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevenlm View Post
Hello. I am trying to get opinions from local people about the mountain mall in Gatlinburg and your opinion on my business idea. I am considering opening a Chicago style beef/hotdog and Pizza stand in the mountain mall. The rent is kinda high but the tourist traffic is very good, at least during the vacation season. How is the traffic during the middle of winter? Is there a market there for another rest. I will be buying a current pizza business on the sight and making some changes. Also would like to know if there is a need for delivery service in the area during the off season, if there is one. Does any one out there have an opinion on the New York pizza and sub shop in the Mountain mall. Do any locals eat there or just tourists wandering the mall. Thank you for reading my post and I hope there are some people with good information and/or feedback.
Keven
In the Mountain Mall area you are going to be almost limited to walking tourons. The locals will be going out 321 to Winery Square if they want pizza because there is parking there. The season is just that in Gatlinburg; Spring wildflower and Fall leaves with families in the summer between those two seasons. Most tourons come to Gatlinburg with an extra pair of socks and a dollar bill and don't change either one while they're there. Walk the strip from light 10 to light six and count the number of places selling food and then decide how much rent money you'll get hidden from most of them. Winter in Gatlinburg is for tourons in cars looking at the lights and there is still the parking problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville