Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 02:45 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,724 times

Advertisements

I have been focused on Summerlin but Southern Highlands sure has some nice looking houses. Anybody have any current thoughts on Summerlin v. SoHi? Let's say Red Rock CC v. SoHi CC neighborhoods for apples to apples comparison!? TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 04:44 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
I have been focused on Summerlin but Southern Highlands sure has some nice looking houses. Anybody have any current thoughts on Summerlin v. SoHi? Let's say Red Rock CC v. SoHi CC neighborhoods for apples to apples comparison!? TIA.
Pick one. Both OK. I prefer Summerlin simply because it is much more developed. Stores, restaurants, shopping etc.

I also do not care for S. Highland outside of the high rent district. Too packed and over built.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:48 PM

158 posts, read 174,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
Summerlin. Higher elevation, better views, more amenities and right at the doorstep of Red Rock Canyon.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:20 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,550,518 times
Summerlin. Better parks and trails.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Pick one. Both OK. I prefer Summerlin simply because it is much more developed. Stores, restaurants, shopping etc.

I also do not care for S. Highland outside of the high rent district. Too packed and over built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton1990 View Post
Summerlin. Higher elevation, better views, more amenities and right at the doorstep of Red Rock Canyon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Summerlin. Better parks and trails.
Perfect. Thank you all for the excellent feedback. Can stay focused on one area when we visit LV next month. Thank you!

Old 05-27-2019, 11:29 AM

Here's an idea of where I would look if I was buying. Anything in yellow is nice, especially those condos by Cottonwood Canyon trail.

Keep an eye out for future developments on those empty plot of lands circled in purple. Howard Hughes may only make it business builds, but maybe they'll wise up and build high rise condos right next to the stadium. The red part is a condo development which is almost completed and sits against the 215 beltway trail and Charleston Blvd which goes to Red Rock Canyon.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Here's an idea of where I would look if I was buying. Anything in yellow is nice, especially those condos by Cottonwood Canyon trail.

Keep an eye out for future developments on those empty plot of lands circled in purple. Howard Hughes may only make it business builds, but maybe they'll wise up and build high rise condos right next to the stadium. The red part is a condo development which is almost completed and sits against the 215 beltway trail and Charleston Blvd which goes to Red Rock Canyon.
Curious why that area!? We sort of like the other side of the beltway, a little higher, a little more view. On the other hand being close to Downtown Summerlin would be nice also. Curious what your reasoning is. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2019, 03:44 PM

Precisely because it's inside/near Downtown Summerlin. It's a walkable environment. Unless you live in a high rise right on the strip, we lack good walkable neighbohoods in Vegas. Even the strip is artificial and doesn't allow one to walk to a grocery store and walk back home. This area has Costco and there is an Albertson's not TOO far away.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:32 PM

158 posts, read 174,850 times
You can’t go wrong anywhere in Summerlin. I also like the higher elevation portions of Summerlin best. Spectacular views and very quiet.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
I like a couple of Summerlin locations though the area around Downtown is lower end Summerlin mostly.

I like the area adjoining TPC particularly Tournament Hills though there are three or four other tracts on the course that are nice as well. The Ridges is very nice. Parts of Red Rock are nice. And I like some of the tracts around Town Center and Tropicana. Hidden from view but very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas