Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 07:38 PM

351 posts, read 837,146 times

Advertisements

Wow, all the drama/blame/whining & you haven't even looked at a place yet? Get in a car & drive yourself around town for a few days. Get your list of 50 (!?#@%!!) homes & go find them yourself. You'll learn an unbelievable amount & I bet there will no longer be anywhere near 25 homes of which you'll need to see the inside!! No sane realtor is going to be willing to show you 50 homes! I wouldn't even want to use a realtor so desperate. And no, I'm not a realtor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 07:49 PM

54 posts, read 121,804 times
How about going to some open houses? There will be 2 tomorrow and 1 next Sunday:

Las Vegas Real Estate & Las Vegas Homes For Sale — Trulia.com

$114K - in Enterprise. 1700+sqft. 3-6pm tomorrow.

$136K - The Lakes. really nice area. stores, grocery, restaurants, movie theater, services w/in walking distance. 1700+sqft. 11am-3pm tomorrow.

$141K - NW. 1300+sqft. 2-5pm tomorrow.

I really hope you go and take a look at them tomorrow since you don't have a realtor yet. I can only vouch for the safety of The Lakes area as we live just north of it.

I hope you get to read this tonight so that you can plan out your drive tomorrow. Even if you don't take interest in the properties, at least you'll see the areas and be able to talk to realtors in the process.

Good luck.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
The Admiral will be doing an open house tomorrow. I will be there part of the time. I won't list where as that would cross the line to advertising and the gods would get me.

But if anyone is interested DM me.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:26 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
at 120k, it sounds like you expect a dream house... you should pick 5 or 6 and give a bid.. but at that price range, don't put your hopes high, your "dream house" will definitely have multiple bids.. imo, you need to be in the 150 and up to get away from the investors

Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 AM

Whoops, sorry... The $114K in The Lakes won't be 'til until next Sunday.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:14 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,837,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflybird View Post
I'm glad you found something..even though it's not your dream home, I think it proves my point that many factors are affecting my situation. Price point being one of them. I'm looking at the 110-120 range...all cash, and most of those are shorts/foreclosures. 158K is over my price range, and I truly think that has a lot to do with why a number of agents are just blowing me off. They don't want to do the work for what they see as a small amount of $$ in their pocket, so i'm left in the dust. There's many factors that play into this.

Also, I don't want to buy foolishly, I want to buy something I'll be happy staying in for several years, not just some transitional thing that's sorta kinda okay. So, it's imperative and should be my right as a buyer, to see sufficient array of properties that I feel comfortable putting up the cash to move in. Younger people who feel okay about buying an "it's okay until...." home might be able to handle that, but retirees on budgets that aren't in that realm have to be more careful and ask a lot of questions and get some answers. Some of us are trying to make our hard earned life savings last us, buy a modest yet decent home, and feel good about it for a number of years. Thus, it's not possible to just come out to Vegas and grab a house. But I wish you well and I'm sure you'll do okay. Again, each buyer's situation is different and I think realtors have to be viewed in that light, they adjust their behaviors accordingly.
All excuses and no action. Be your own advocate. Quite waiting and act. Your time in Vegas will soon be over and you will not have seen one house. *****h or get off the pot and stop complaining.

I hope you find what you want. But you wont if you keep waiting for someone else to get around to showing you something.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:02 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Yeah, Lost Wages is a self-service city, don't you all know it?

Tee-hee...just kidding.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:17 AM

157 posts, read 277,036 times
Well, thanks for all the well meaning remarks. ??? I am from out of town, don't have my car and even if I did, I wouldn't try to navigate around Vegas without knowing the town. Also, HELLO! I have to have an agent to open a lock box to see INSIDE A HOUSE. You all act as if I've been sitting on my rear end since I got here. Every day i've been trying to figure out a plan...I've already told you what the one company I signed with did - withheld how they do business until after getting my name on the dotted line with an exclusive buyer's agreement. i.e. "we only take you to look at outsides of homes"...Prior to that, I had been in touch with an agent online for over six months but when I got here....they didn't come thru. And by that I mean, no research on listings I sent them, no response to emails, nothing.

Now I'm trying to work with a friend who has some investments in town and his associate to get me in, but it still boils down to getting in touch with the listing agent, finding out the actual status of the short sale, and on and on. Other people on this forum have indeed been shown 50 homes, albeit perhaps over 2-3 trips. I was told by the agent who got my name on the dotted line ,"we can show you shorts all day long"....then why not? It's certainly not outside the realm of normalcy to show a client 5 homes in a day, especially if they are vacant. And let me make clear, I'm not asking at this point to see 50 homes. How about 10 of my top picks during the time I'm here?

I'm not gonna get in a heated back and forth with anyone here, nor is that my intent. I am merely sharing what's happening to me....if I rented a car and did in fact drive over to some house, what then? Just sit there and see the exterior? I need an AGENT to open the home and let me in and point out issues with the house, etc.! Isn't that what a realtor does for a living? isn't that their job? And no, I'm not looking for a dream home at 110-120K lmao. I currently live in an older home that most of you probably wouldn't find upscale enough or modern enough. I'd be very happy to buy a newer home here in Vegas in my price range. So, please, have a bit of respect for me, as I always approach things on this forum. Thank you.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:49 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
Default House search

Has it occurred to you that you have to take some of the blame for a wasted week? You should have verified with your realtor that he/she understood and agreed to meet your expectations before you came. And you should have rented a car and been scoping out neighborhoods during your stay here. You can learn a lot by just driving around to get the feel for the area. While you've acknowledged that people on the forum are trying to help, you turned down an offer from one of our realtor members to show you some houses, and you've chosen yet another course that is sure to waste your time. I suspect that your original buyer's broker sensed that his would be a thankless job, and that has nothing to do with his commission and everything to do with your attitude.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm sorry, I neglected the part that you didn't have a car.

Error on my part: the $114K one in the 89139 (Enterprise?) area is actually 1395sqft, not 1700+. When I clicked on the link I provided it actually came down in price to $110K. The open house is still open until 6pm today. No need for lockboxes to be opened. A realtor will be inside to greet you. The area is fairly close to the strip - only 3 miles from Town Square and 2 miles from the Las Vegas Outlet Center. Are you currently staying in a hotel on the strip?

7514 Thistle Poppy Avenue, Las Vegas NV - Trulia

I'm really, honestly rooting for you to be able to buy a house... or at least see some. A lot of listings online give you an option to click on "Schedule a showing." Maybe a little more initiative?

I can DM you the number of a realtor if you want. He's very patient - and by patient I mean not even batting an eye after looking at 40+ homes. He has also helped clients close on $45K condos - he's not picky.

Last edited by maharlika; 08-15-2010 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas