Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 02:42 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
In Florida, a woman actually filed a lawsuit against some teenager who was driving through her neighborhood with one of those loud boom cars. She warned him twice, did no good, subsequently the lawsuit. I really think one of the waves of future litigation will be noise lawsuits. There's actually noise laws on the books in Clark County, which I researched, and the police CAN fine these noise terrorists up to $250 and/or 90 days in jail. In NYC they do Operation Silent Nights, where plain-clothes police officers stake out a busy intersection and pull them over right and left, handing out tickets, and in the process, they've ended up arresting these people for other outstanding warrants. All the police would need to do is an Operation Silent Night one night a month or every other month and it might slowly make these noise terrorists think twice before jacking up the volume. And stiffer fines. I called 311 one night about what a community can do to police their own nighborhoods for these noise terrorists, and I was told if you have a cell phone AND a witness, you can call 311 with the license number, and if there is an officer in the area, and they are quick enough, they can make an arrest. But if it goes to court, then be prepared to go to court as witnesses.
They need to confiscate their cars and impound them until the offender goes to court a month or more later. Jerks do not mind a night in jail or a ticket. They get quite upset when the cops impound their cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 03:29 PM

29 posts, read 75,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donfree View Post
Vegas is a hell hole of boom car noise. NE is the worst. Every few minutes you will get blasted on Nellis.
Henderson is not as bad. The cops there will write tickets. Its only really bad there when there is music
at the event center, and all the idiots from Vegas come in and out blasting, blissfully unaware that
Henderson PD will write tickets. What Vegas really needs in as impound law. Those work. Nothing these
big bully babies fear more than having their toys taken away.

Big Bully Babies? I don't have a "boom car" but give me a break... you want them to impound people's car when they didn't even know they could get in trouble for something?

Seems like the real bully here is you

Old 03-14-2010, 03:30 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They need to confiscate their cars and impound them until the offender goes to court a month or more later. Jerks do not mind a night in jail or a ticket. They get quite upset when the cops impound their cars.
Geez, why don't we just give the death penalty for anyone with these boom cars. That will definitely put an end to it. Most people have a lot more important things to worry about. Boom cars are a small annoyance at most.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Geez, why don't we just give the death penalty for anyone with these boom cars. That will definitely put an end to it. Most people have a lot more important things to worry about. Boom cars are a small annoyance at most.
That depends on when and where. Yes, in the middle of the day and not in front of a hospital or school they are a minor annoyance. At 3AM they are more than a minor annoyance. OK if you want to boom in the day and you stay away from schools and churches on Sunday, fine. After 10PM, turn the crap down or lose your wheels.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:17 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That depends on when and where. Yes, in the middle of the day and not in front of a hospital or school they are a minor annoyance. At 3AM they are more than a minor annoyance. OK if you want to boom in the day and you stay away from schools and churches on Sunday, fine. After 10PM, turn the crap down or lose your wheels.
They shouldn't even be allowed in residential area's during the daytime! What about people that work from home? They have to put up with these idiots that only think about themselves, plus they also have the pipes on the cars and trucks to make them even louder! So not only do you have the booming, we also get to hear what sounds like harleys racing up and down the streets at all hours.
I'm with you Kev, take the spoiled brats car's away from them.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:56 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donfree View Post
What Vegas really needs in as impound law. Those work. Nothing these
big bully babies fear more than having their toys taken away.
Someone paint-balled a couple of boom cars in my neighborhood one night, most likely in the middle of the night, and what a show that was the next day! Hitting them where it hurts the most! Kicking them in the balls is painless in comparison!

Next day, luggage tied to the roofs of the cars (their stereo speakers took up too much space in the back of their chrome-wheeled SUV's) and lots of pointing by them and their friends at the damage to their treasured vehicles.

If NYC can impose a $350 fine for honking your horn in a residential neighborhood (I saw the signs while walking around NYC last April) and ban useless car alarms (since 2004) and set up Silent Operation Night campaigns to trap boom cars, we can certainly tackle this here.

The city being so cash-strapped, the police will increasinly focus on these noise terrorists as a way of protecting their jobs, an additional source of revenue and bring peace and quiet to our cities.

Fines for boom cars have risen as high as $3000 in some part of the country and don't think, for a minute, the police, aren't eyeballing this trend as more security for their jobs.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:04 PM

118 posts, read 209,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Geez, why don't we just give the death penalty for anyone with these boom cars. That will definitely put an end to it.
Works For Me!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 PM

450 posts, read 1,514,377 times
I just prefer to crank up some country music because 99% of the time, the music coming from these cars is rap music or heavy metal. Nothing ticks them off more than listening to Toby Keith or Kenny Chesney rocking in my car. Since I have a 6-disc change in my car, it's easily accessible. I like rap music, country, metal, alternative, rock, classic rock, etc, but I don't feel the need to express myself and let everyone else know what I'm listening to. Sounds like a cry out for attention if you ask me. Any way to get other driver's attention. And I laugh at the rice burners trying to race me. They sound like they've had too many beans at the gas station.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 PM

182 posts, read 246,284 times
Yes is definitely annoying to hear these cars blasting the bass so loud you would think T-Rex suddenly appeared and on the hunt for prey.

Off and On the Vegas Strip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas