Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:43 AM

98 posts, read 186,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
The humidity will shoot up when it rains like this but it tends to go away fast.

I have the TV on waiting for some excitement about this rain but the updates are lackluster..."scattered showers but most neighborhoods will be dry." It has been raining nonstop since 9:00 and it's pouring again. Really raining. The updates must have been recorded earlier this morning.

Is it still raining where you are?
It rained buckets, then light rain, then buckets again. Stopped about 10 minutes ago. Still a lot of black clouds in the sky though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
The humidity will shoot up when it rains like this but it tends to go away fast.

I have the TV on waiting for some excitement about this rain but the updates are lackluster..."scattered showers but most neighborhoods will be dry." It has been raining nonstop since 9:00 and it's pouring again. Really raining. The updates must have been recorded earlier this morning.

Is it still raining where you are?
I am looking forward to the news tonight about it

Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasnewbie View Post
I am looking forward to the news tonight about it
Me too. I think this was a weather surprise. Last night they did not forecast rain. I bet we do not get to 101. It feels pretty cool out there. Of course if the clouds clear the sun will heat us up and we will have soupy weather.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 AM

699 posts, read 2,219,664 times
let's all have a happy thought for the accident 'victims'. since getting up this morning, we've heard
over 5 'sets' of emergency vehicles responding to what we assume are traffic accidents.

drive safely everyone.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:49 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,245,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Its raining over here by the strip on Sierra Vista as well. First time since I've moved here that I've seen REAL rain, and not just a drop scattered every 8 inches

There really is no SET rainy season for Las Vegas. There is the summer monsoon which was nothing this past year luckily, all the monsoon moisture got left behind in Arizona. The area gets some rain from all the pacific storms that hit Southern California in the winter as well. I like the lack of rain here in Las Vegas
December-February is our rainy season, if you want to call it that.

Prayers for rain turn into prayers because of the rain...always.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
let's all have a happy thought for the accident 'victims'. since getting up this morning, we've heard
over 5 'sets' of emergency vehicles responding to what we assume are traffic accidents.

drive safely everyone.
Ouch. I can see this storm causing a lot of problems out on the road.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Me too. I think this was a weather surprise. Last night they did not forecast rain. I bet we do not get to 101. It feels pretty cool out there. Of course if the clouds clear the sun will heat us up and we will have soupy weather.
I'll probably be inside most of the day...scared to go out walking in it. I might get caught in a downpour lol

Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,245,008 times
Quote:
Ouch. I can see this storm causing a lot of problems out on the road.
I saw multiple wrecks in the express lanes on I-15 northbound today. The lack of adequate shoulder space in some places make them particularly dangerous.

But I still love the weather!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasnewbie View Post
I'll probably be inside most of the day...scared to go out walking in it. I might get caught in a downpour lol
Heh. I don't mind getting wet, I do mind getting struck by lightening though.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
I saw multiple wrecks in the express lanes on I-15 northbound today. The lack of adequate shoulder space in some places make them particularly dangerous.

But I still love the weather!
I have noticed that some seem to have the mindset that if you wish for rain here you are wishing disaster on others. Which I would never want, for sure. I can't help loving the rain as we rarely get it here. I actually even like the added humidity.

If I had to drive in the rain I would probably stay off the freeway and allow extra time for driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas