Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:52 PM

49 posts, read 54,918 times

Advertisements

YAY! CONGRATS!!!!! Im moving in the New Year and I am sooooo excited. I heard it can be challenging, but life is challenging. Im ready to put in the work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBabe View Post
YAY! CONGRATS!!!!! Im moving in the New Year and I am sooooo excited. I heard it can be challenging, but life is challenging. Im ready to put in the work.

Did I read you are a cabdriver? If so, you won't have any problems getting a job here. ALL the cab companies hire ALL the time. Apparently, it takes lots of hours but you can make lotsa money. Two of the neighbors at the extended stay are cab drivers. They said their companies are always hiring. In addition, most of the cab companies have big NOW HIRING signs strung across their buildings. Good luck! I just moved here and so far I like it. I ran into serious financial issues on the way and am now treading water with the water line just under my nose, but I still love it here. I actually took a telemarketer job today just to tide me over until I find something else.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:00 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
Did I read you are a cabdriver? If so, you won't have any problems getting a job here. ALL the cab companies hire ALL the time. Apparently, it takes lots of hours but you can make lotsa money. Two of the neighbors at the extended stay are cab drivers. They said their companies are always hiring. In addition, most of the cab companies have big NOW HIRING signs strung across their buildings. Good luck! I just moved here and so far I like it. I ran into serious financial issues on the way and am now treading water with the water line just under my nose, but I still love it here. I actually took a telemarketer job today just to tide me over until I find something else.
I hear they're hiring cab drivers.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:26 AM

448 posts, read 1,055,935 times
congratz glad it worked out for you but you had determination and didn't give up as well as kept being persistant sometimes you gotta show people how much you want to work and keep after em . keep up the good work and hope things get better for you something is better than nothing right now and with todays economy. but it will all work out for you just use the system to your advantage.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:13 PM

49 posts, read 54,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post

No, I am not a cab driver. I posted on a thread of someone who was a cab driver and it seems it's getting around that I am one.lol. However, I have a background in quite a few areas.Plus, Im not too "good" to take something lower than my worth temporarily to make it. ( Im doing that now, really)
I know what you mean about the financial issues. I have been really saving and trying to save even more. People here act like it Im doing overkill that I have been saving like crazy. They are trippin, because I move in a few months. Im like HELLO it costs money to move/live in a new city! Heck,it costs money to do things period.

Good to hear you found something. I am also glad to hear you love it there. Im sooooo ready to get out of this cold!

Last edited by BellaBabe; 12-17-2011 at 09:25 PM..

Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 PM

13 posts, read 32,976 times
Hey Dee, I'm considering moving to Nevada too. When you moved there and started looking for jobs, were you staying in a hotel or already got a place? I assume you already had savings before you moved? If so how much should I have before I move?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:50 AM

161 posts, read 273,971 times
What are your impressions of living in LV so far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: