Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 01:36 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Strangely it always seems to rain the day the bug guy comes. Maybe he should come more than once every two months???!!???

I don't mind the heat...as long as I have AC inside, or a pool outside.
Bug bully is out once a month. Only for the hot months...I go all winter just fine. Spiders don't bug me, and that's about all I see then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Every year, around this time, my husband and I start making plans to move to Santa Barbara where they cry if it's over 80 degrees. It's HOT out there, Las Vegas.

Dry heat, my @ss. So is my oven and I don't want to spend time in there either. The field roaches are committing suicide jumping into my pool because they can't take the heat. I can hear their little roachie cries of " I can't take it anymore...argghhh" as they dive off.

God help you if you have leather seats, unless of course you like a nice sear on your butt-cheeks. Who needs a tatoo when you have the Toyota emblem branded on your @ss?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:41 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Every year, around this time, my husband and I start making plans to move to Santa Barbara where they cry if it's over 80 degrees. It's HOT out there, Las Vegas.

Dry heat, my @ss. So is my oven and I don't want to spend time in there either. The field roaches are committing suicide jumping into my pool because they can't take the heat. I can hear their little roachie cries of " I can't take it anymore...argghhh" as they dive off.

God help you if you have leather seats, unless of course you like a nice sear on your butt-cheeks. Who needs a tatoo when you have the Toyota emblem branded on your @ss?

LMAO

Old 07-10-2012, 12:07 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Leather seats and a covertible here...I sit on a beach towel all summer.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:29 PM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
The heat is sooo bad this time of the year, and my friend just called to tell me she gave H....ll to a couple that had their 2 dogs in the car while they went into Walmart grocery store (Not the big Walmart). My friend went inside the store and asked the manager to annouce over loud speaker or call animal control, but the manager refused...told her to do it herself. As she was calling - the couple came out...she gave them an earful, all they could say is they didn't know it was illegal and that it could hurt the animals. WHAT THE........stupid people. A car interior can get to 150 degrees in about 14 min and anything inside would be dead. Please people...don't bring your animals. Use your brain for something other than a hat rack.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:41 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
The heat is sooo bad this time of the year, and my friend just called to tell me she gave H....ll to a couple that had their 2 dogs in the car while they went into Walmart grocery store (Not the big Walmart). My friend went inside the store and asked the manager to annouce over loud speaker or call animal control, but the manager refused...told her to do it herself. As she was calling - the couple came out...she gave them an earful, all they could say is they didn't know it was illegal and that it could hurt the animals. WHAT THE........stupid people. A car interior can get to 150 degrees in about 14 min and anything inside would be dead. Please people...don't bring your animals. Use your brain for something other than a hat rack.
Another thing to remember with pets, if it is too hot for you to walk on the pavement, it is also too hot for them. Take the back of your hand and hold it on the pavement for 7 seconds and see if it feels hot. If so, it can burn your pet's feet.

Here's a temp chart:

Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Husband today trying to bring in the trash containers: "Ow, ow, ow ow! Ow!" etc. Repeat several more times. He finally managed to say "They are too hot to touch!" lol It was only 114 out there at the time.
He could have used a towel or a scarf to grab the handles. Of course he also does the ow ow ow thing when he gets stuff out of the microwave because he doesn't know what hot pads are for.

I keep a nice thick cotton scarf in my purse for the summer to open car door handles, get carts,etc. I don't leave home without it.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
There's no better smell than the desert right after a good rain. Nothing else quite like it.
Ya know, for some reason that has changed a lot for the better. I used to complain that the desert really smelled bad after a rain, but now it reminds me of home. Probably all the imported foliage.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Good for her. I notice some stores now put up signs inviting people to bring the dogs in out of the car.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:12 AM

69 posts, read 143,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
I just went swimming at 11:30PM. I love this weather.
Bring it on..... I'm ready just wish it would be a dry journey to get there!! Lol
I Will NOT miss the humidity here at all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas