Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:02 PM

99 posts, read 128,888 times

Advertisements

Oh and about the neighbohood...Gated and very secure inside and I would not worry one bit. I am only a part timer and I feel very secure in leaving my house when I actually have to make a living at home. People walking all the time and very safe and friendly. Little different outside the gates. Good restaurants up Paradise and quick access to the strip. Grocery stores on Maryland Pkwy. Forget it!! Head out DI to west and find one you like out there. I use the Smith's at DI and Decatur.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM

23 posts, read 83,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev780 View Post
I pay about 1% for my home on Bel Air for taxes. HOA is another question. There are 753,218 sub-associations and god only knows which one applies. I think I pay $229 total and that includes my front yeard water and maintenance, guard, lights etc.

I would not worry a lot about either. The ones on Geary and on that side of Oakmont are on hole 18 and it does not set up to cause a lot of balls to get to the parking lot. To even get to the condos is a really bad hook. The other side of Oakmont is on 16 and that is a little worse. But in either event the parking lots appear to be pretty safe from raining golf balls. Look at both holes and look for the sand traps part way down the fairway. Draw an arc around those and that is your danger zone. Better to be really close to t box or just beyound those traps. Gotta hit a monsterous sky hook to get over the buildings. That being said, a golf ball can go anywhere and the things I have seen happen on courses would boggle the mind. Never me though!!!

If you do not care about a golf course view than pick on in that center triangle. SHould be fine.

YMMV.
Thank you so much for your really informative reply. I was also wondering what other taxes do you also have to pay? Keep in mind I am moving from a different state so I am unfamiliar with anything in regards to that area.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny13oi View Post
Thank you so much for your really informative reply. I was also wondering what other taxes do you also have to pay? Keep in mind I am moving from a different state so I am unfamiliar with anything in regards to that area.
No state income tax. Sales tax is a little over 8% (unprepared food exempted) and the property taxes vary depending upon assessed value of your home and which locality you reside in ( Henderson, Vegas, NLV). Be prepared to take a reaming at the DMV when you register your vehicle.

There are taxes added to your energy, water, and cable bills as well, but they are nothing more than an annoyance.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 PM

23 posts, read 83,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
No state income tax. Sales tax is a little over 8% (unprepared food exempted) and the property taxes vary depending upon assessed value of your home and which locality you reside in ( Henderson, Vegas, NLV). Be prepared to take a reaming at the DMV when you register your vehicle.

There are taxes added to your energy, water, and cable bills as well, but they are nothing more than an annoyance.
Thanks again, I was wondering about public school taxes and stuff like that associated with home ownership.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 AM

99 posts, read 128,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny13oi View Post
Thanks again, I was wondering about public school taxes and stuff like that associated with home ownership.

That is included in the total property tax bill. Again Property taxes are cheap. Its the other stuff that is high. Gas, food, and the dreaded DMV.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 2,192 times
I own at 2831 geary, never have had a problem with golf balls hitting your car. But if your condo faces the golf course beware. Absolutely no crime,very quiet. Only complaint i have is plumbing is old so beware of water issues and if in a first floor unit the soundproofing is non existent! There are 2 HOA one for 64.50 and tbe second for 254.00...

Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,366 times
I just got my offer accepted in the same building, I'm closing on May 1st. What do you mean about the water issues? Discolored water or occasional water outages?

The neighborhood is really comfortable. Lots of full-grown trees and the whole place is well kept. There definitely is an issue with pollen though.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,192 times
No discolored water, but frequent outages. I had 4 water leaks in less than a year and eventually my entire unit had to be replumbed. I can hear EVERYTHING my upstairs neighbor is doing and smell their cooking. Let's just say the developer ripped these people off! Best of luck on your unit.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:25 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,554 times
But it is OLD and OUTDATED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas