Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times

Advertisements

you can tell they are fake, at least they PRETEND to work..

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline

Face it, LVD: you always lived in a terrible part of town if you were trying to avoid crime. You always justified it because of the cheap rent. Cognitive dissonance?
Wrong...I only got $214 a week on unemployment when I moved here. It was all I could afford so I had no choice. Let me ask you something. Is Warm Springs and Eastern a terrible part of town? Is Charleston and Fort Apache terrible? It is spreading everywhere and no one can deny it anymore.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Wrong...I only got $214 a week on unemployment when I moved here. It was all I could afford so I had no choice. Let me ask you something. Is Warm Springs and Eastern a terrible part of town? Is Charleston and Fort Apache terrible? It is spreading everywhere and no one can deny it anymore.
Soon property values in Summerlin will fall and 5 -6 bedroom homes will be selling below 90K.

Another bubble?

Old 02-08-2013, 02:52 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,547,538 times
Do you think the rise in crime is a direct correlation to the amount of rental homes now available in LV?

There was a guy on here a couple weeks ago who posted a thread about the increase in crime and Section 8 renters in the part of Vegas where he lives...

Surprisingly (or not? ), he was treated with absolute scorn by the posters here, told he lacked "compassion" and was told to "move" and "don't let the door hit ya' " and all of the other usual euphemisms the die-hard pro-LV crowd uses.

Actually, here is the post:

Freemont St / Rancho Dr - amount of human scum increasing?

//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...unt-human.html

Last edited by kttam186290; 02-08-2013 at 03:00 PM..

Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
I am so glad to see you posting, LVD, and that you are doing well. You have a good heart and deserve much happiness. I wish you well!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,786,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Do you think the rise in crime is a direct correlation to the amount of rental homes now available in LV?

There was a guy on here a couple weeks ago who posted a thread about the increase in crime and Section 8 renters in the part of Vegas where he lives...

Surprisingly (or not? ), he was treated with absolute scorn by the posters here, told he lacked "compassion" and was told to "move" and "don't let the door hit ya' " and all of the other usual euphemisms the die-hard pro-LV crowd uses.

Actually, here is the post:

Freemont St / Rancho Dr - amount of human scum increasing?

//www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...unt-human.html
I am pretty sure it wasn't the topic for which he was scorned. It was about his racism and general "awfulness". If you look at his other posts you'll see.

Last edited by observer53; 02-11-2013 at 06:03 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 03:31 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
HIYA LVD!
Welcome home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I am so glad to see you posting, LVD, and that you are doing well. You have a good heart and deserve much happiness. I wish you well!
Thank you both

Old 02-08-2013, 04:09 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,177 times
LVD has a very valid point...I had this same debate with a "realtor", who often frequented this site and loved to throw "reported statistics" around like they were fact. I stated then, and state again, the actual criminal activity is much greater than those "reported statistics". Perhaps those that compile those numbers have broadened their criteria, however.......I don't care where you live, work, or play.......the criminal element is very much alive and well......the odds of one becoming a statistic are criteria based........and potentially politically influenced.....I spent over 20 years working every inch of LV........and yes.......areas with a high percentile of non-owner occupied, and vacant dwellings........are exposed to greater risk....the other factor is absentee investors that bought, and placed tenants, but never stepped foot on the property...there are many factors........however LVD's observation was accurate.......it is......what it is......I view the reported crime index, like the "reported unemployment" index...

Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
I've lived in many cities and I can honestly say LV is not that bad when it comes to crime as a whole. No place will ever be perfect and there will always be the poor. In fact there's no guarantee any poster won't become one of the poor. One major health issue or a job loss can have a material change on anyone's life situation.

It may happen but when driving at night car jacking or getting bopped over the head when I get out isn't a major concern at least to me in LV unlike other cities.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
Well, I have been hearing about a lot of robberies in my zip code lately. My husband said where he works a cars have been broken in to and people robbed at gun point.

Also, a relative of mine had her house burglarized last week, burglars stole a large amount of money and jewelry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas