Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:29 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,416,286 times

Advertisements

ok...so i have been here a total of two months now, and i have been working a ton. this weekend was the first real weekend i got completely work free (well, i did go in for about 15 min on saturday...proceeded to lock my badge/keys/etc. in my office thereby making it impossible to go back until monday )

anyway, here is a quick synopsis of my weekend-

the weather has been awesome, so we broke outta work early on friday (technically it was a holiday, but there was work to do) and grilled pizza at my house. one of my friends here brews her own beer, so she brought 6+ liters to wash down the food. (gotta luv the LV weather)

went out mtn biking on saturday morning...short shake down ride (~3hrs) out by red rock canyon. (so many trails, so close to town...i've always rode the mts, really liked riding the desert)

there was the whole work accident () and then i got ready for a big unknown...halloween party at a friend of a friends from the dog park. party could be best summed up if telemundo did a tribute to trannies...it was hilariously awesome. a cuban dance group working in town crashed the party sometime around midnight. dudes bigger than me teetering around on scary looking heels, some really beautiful ladies (maybe some beautiful men?? ), great costumes all the way around, multiple types of mezcal. oh yeah...did i mention that i was one of the few people there who wasn't fluent in spanish? entiendo un poco, pero it was like watching a spanish TV variety show. i had a general idea what was going on, then a group of people would bust into song, and someone dressed like a bee would go running by (seriously...there were like 3 bees there). there was a little dude dressed like superman, and a big dude that kept pressing him over his head and flying him around the party. and the mezcal...yikes! (vegas!)

sunday - i got home from the party at 5ish....got a chorrizo and egg burrito, took a nap, got up and went hiking in the spring mts w/ people from the other dog park. less than an hour drive, we were up around 7000' - still some fall colors up there. dogs got a good run, i got to sweat out my hangover....mezcal, YIKES!! (so i got to hit the desert and the mts, both <1hr from my door...got love the location of this town)

oh yeah....my neighbor's son-in-law raked my leaves and mowed my lawn for me when i was out riding gonna pay them back by firing up my bbq again and donating a few beer to the cause . (i understand the transiency issue here, but i still have met more friendly than unfriendly people)

so yeah, LV has it's problems (traffic, crime, homeless, HEAT, etc., etc. rem: i got my catalytic converter stolen here before i even moved here)...but all i need is a weekend like this every now and again where i can enjoy the good stuff this town has to offer, and i will continue to be happy here. again, it has been said over and over...LV my not be for everyone, but damn it can be fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 08:47 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times
Wow...GJ...I've got to hand it to you! Sounds like you really have made true friends out there! I apologize for suggesting otherwise...and stand corrected!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:27 AM

216 posts, read 830,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
so yeah, LV has it's problems (traffic, crime, homeless, HEAT, etc., etc. rem: i got my catalytic converter stolen here before i even moved here)...but all i need is a weekend like this every now and again where i can enjoy the good stuff this town has to offer, and i will continue to be happy here. again, it has been said over and over...LV my not be for everyone, but damn it can be fun.
So true - and the more I think about leaving, the more I think about staying

Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 AM

818 posts, read 3,699,517 times
homebrew, bee costumes, mezcal, chorizo!

que fin de semana!

Old 10-29-2007, 12:32 PM

I agree...GJ's description of the costume party sounds so surreal (and fun!)

Old 10-29-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I agree...GJ's description of the costume party sounds so surreal (and fun!)
it was surreal...esp. since it started off a what seemed like a little close knit calm, reserved gathering. i had my reservations about my halloween choice for about the first 45 min...then the host realized someone (me) would drink mezcal w/ him...and in no time, it was a party.

my only regret is that i didn't realize my camera was out in the truck until late in the party.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:53 PM

I would have loved to see some of those pics!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I would have loved to see some of those pics!
a couple might get me banned from the forum...but i think i have a good one of me and a giant dude in drag. i'll try to get it uploaded.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM

damn....maybe being an LV resident isn't so bad, after all!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
damn....maybe being an LV resident isn't so bad, after all!
you'll have to wait until you see the pic to make that assessment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas