Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 04:11 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
At the old Wet N' Wild, teenage boys would sit at the bottom of Der Stuka because bikini tops tended to fly off on that waterslide. Also, if you didn't cross your legs properly, that was one hell of an enema. Watching the guys trot briskly off to the bathroom after riding that waterslide was great fun.
Those were the days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 05:44 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,014,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger08 View Post
I was reading on Facebook that they didnt want to build the new park too large until they found out what kind of attendance they would have. Duh! After keeping people waiting for a water park the last few years, they should have known the place would pack out!
They could build the place 3 times larger and still pack out daily.
I would tend to agree, however with the other water park opening next year; they may alleviate some of the crowding. But I suspect even with the new water park, they will still need to expand.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:25 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
I would tend to agree, however with the other water park opening next year; they may alleviate some of the crowding. But I suspect even with the new water park, they will still need to expand.
They've definitely under-estimated the community, time for the expansion. They can start with the expansion soon, Wet 'N' Wild already got a head start on the competition, might as well keep going forward. I believe if I am not mistaken, Cowabunga Bay in Henderson is only around 25 acres, even smaller than Wet 'N' Wild. I'm most certainly not going to drive all the way to Henderson to visit a water park considering Wet 'N' Wild is in my town.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:58 AM

210 posts, read 449,521 times
I went Wet & Wild yesterday and had a blast! I personally felt the prices were reasonable and the park is on the smaller side but hey I LOVE the fact that we now have one. I bought my Season passes in early April.

I also am in the camp that the park will not expand until the new park opens up and they can see what the true demand will be on a daily basis.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 AM

^^If you have to choose between Wet 'N' Wild and Cowabunga Bay, would you honestly drive all the way to the other side of town to go to a smaller water park? If Wet 'N' Wild is having problems now with attendance and they have not really fully opened to the public then they are in for a surprise. The fact they've stopped selling season pass says it all. The communities alone on this part of Clark County will most definitely support Wet 'N' Wild, it's all about location. I would not even bother drive and waste gas to go to a smaller park in Henderson when there is one in my neck of the woods. Oh and the original Wet 'N' Wild on Las Vegas Blvd was fun.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:37 AM

Forgot to add, Wet 'N' Wild is now saying they are going to issue refunds for season pass holders, not good!!!

Old 05-29-2013, 07:59 PM

210 posts, read 449,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
^^If you have to choose between Wet 'N' Wild and Cowabunga Bay, would you honestly drive all the way to the other side of town to go to a smaller water park? If Wet 'N' Wild is having problems now with attendance and they have not really fully opened to the public then they are in for a surprise. The fact they've stopped selling season pass says it all. The communities alone on this part of Clark County will most definitely support Wet 'N' Wild, it's all about location. I would not even bother drive and waste gas to go to a smaller park in Henderson when there is one in my neck of the woods. Oh and the original Wet 'N' Wild on Las Vegas Blvd was fun.
The question is actually whether the residents who live on that side of town will drive to Southwest if they already have water park in there area? That is the question that would drive decision making when thinking about the future of the park.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd3easy View Post
The question is actually whether the residents who live on that side of town will drive to Southwest if they already have water park in there area? That is the question that would drive decision making when thinking about the future of the park.
Well, Cowabunga Bay when it opens will be smaller than Wet 'N' Wild. There is a reason for people on the other side of town to check out Wet N Wild and if the current owner of Wet 'N' Wild decide to expand with more rides or just to offer more , then the likelihood of this park to be better than Cowabunga Bay increases.

As proven already, Wet 'N' Wild has got the customer base it needed for its operation, even more than it can handle. It can increase its customer base by offering more by way of expansion or just be content with what it has and risk losing its customer base if it cannot satisfy the demand, basing on what has transpired since it opened not long ago.

2 million residents in Clark County and the nearly 40 million visitors, I'm sure these numbers can support both water parks with or without a Wet 'N' Wild expansion.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Well, Cowabunga Bay when it opens will be smaller than Wet 'N' Wild. There is a reason for people on the other side of town to check out Wet N Wild and if the current owner of Wet 'N' Wild decide to expand with more rides or just to offer more , then the likelihood of this park to be better than Cowabunga Bay increases.

As proven already, Wet 'N' Wild has got the customer base it needed for its operation, even more than it can handle. It can increase its customer base by offering more by way of expansion or just be content with what it has and risk losing its customer base if it cannot satisfy the demand, basing on what has transpired since it opened not long ago.

2 million residents in Clark County and the nearly 40 million visitors, I'm sure these numbers can support both water parks with or without a Wet 'N' Wild expansion.
Agreed. Especially considering how long pool season lasts here compared to other areas of the country, and how bloody hot it gets.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:30 PM

207 posts, read 508,596 times
wait til the novelty factor wears off. they may rename it "high and dry" in a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas