Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 08:18 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times

Advertisements

Anything south of Far Hills is fine, and maybe a bit north of there. As far as Henderson, I like southern of the 215 and west of the 515. One thing to look for is quick access to the 215. Good highway access is a major thing in the valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay-gal View Post
this is my feeling as well...so I am focusing instead on the south and southwest areas. Looking forward to getting there tomorrow and having some fun, thanks everyone for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 10:14 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
This is all silly. There are virtually no homes in NLV above $350K. It least they are very rare.

There are homes in that range in the NW or west of NLV. There are Toll Brother places in Providence if you want new.

If you are worried about return though why on earth would you buy new? It is at least down 20% the day you buy it and then you put another 10% in to make it livable. At the present time new build in Las Vegas is just an awful deal.

There are numerous small but nice tracts going in around Lone Mountain. The less expensive ones will get down around $350K. But you can probably buy an existing home for the same amount and get 25% more house.

Mountains Edge is pretty much all tract and all overpriced. There are a few nice tracts going in to the south but the better ones are above $350K.

There is no real difference between the South East and the North West. There are virtually indentical tracts in each. For new in the west you head to the Ridges and down that way.

The South West is virtually all Clark County. The northern part of Summerlin and Desert Shores and such is in Las Vegas. For many reasons the county is probably the best municipality to locate in...Note though there is county to the eastern side of Henderson.

You be far better off finding a house you liike and can afford and ignoring the municipality.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:18 PM

27 posts, read 48,149 times
is Aliante not in North Las Vegas then? New Homes for Sale in North Las Vegas | Eldorado Heights

the house we were looking at was $310,000 before upgrades.

We like new construction so that is what we are going for..like I said floor plan, price and location are dictating my choices. I was just wondering about locals opinions on NLV viability as a city for the near future

Old 01-27-2014, 12:28 AM

52 posts, read 99,547 times
I sold one in the Eldorado Heights community up there in NLV a few months back.. Heard nothing but good things from my clients as they love it there and Pardee is a good builder

Old 01-27-2014, 01:35 AM

Default Qq

Quote:
is Aliante not in North Las Vegas then? New Homes for Sale in North Las Vegas | Eldorado Heights

the house we were looking at was $310,000 before upgrades.

We like new construction so that is what we are going for..like I said floor plan, price and location are dictating my choices. I was just wondering about locals opinions on NLV viability as a city for the near future
In El Dorado not Aliante though that is a nit.

The only houses in that area going for above $300K are in Club Aliante which were originally 500 to 700K when originally built in the mid 2000s. They now go for a max of $325K or so. The Pardee tract is not nearly as nice. So you will pay the highest price in not only the neighborhood by virtually all of NLV for your house. I would think it will be 10 or 15 years before you break even.

Nothing wrong with the neighborhood though. Quite nice and convenient to Aliante and the services on Aliante Parkway.

I see little probability of any real problems in NLV. They will be in trouble for a while but I doubt it will effect much. The only services you use would be police, fire and perhaps parks. I expect those will remain satisfactory. Taxes are not really locally controlled so that is not much of an issue.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:49 AM

27 posts, read 48,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
In El Dorado not Aliante though that is a nit.

The only houses in that area going for above $300K are in Club Aliante which were originally 500 to 700K when originally built in the mid 2000s. They now go for a max of $325K or so. The Pardee tract is not nearly as nice. So you will pay the highest price in not only the neighborhood by virtually all of NLV for your house. I would think it will be 10 or 15 years before you break even.

Nothing wrong with the neighborhood though. Quite nice and convenient to Aliante and the services on Aliante Parkway.

I see little probability of any real problems in NLV. They will be in trouble for a while but I doubt it will effect much. The only services you use would be police, fire and perhaps parks. I expect those will remain satisfactory. Taxes are not really locally controlled so that is not much of an issue.

thanks for the info, however the Pardee homes start at $285,000 for the first model and go up from there to the mid $300's before any upgrades so there are homes selling for that outside Aliante. I may drive up and check them out anyway just to see the area, it may be a bit farther out than I would like anyway.

now off to catch a plane..thanks for the feedback everyone

Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,390,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
North Las Vegas is ok West of the 15 and north of Craig... the farther North the better... It is also convenient to 15 and 215. Disregard posters that don't live here and have no idea whatsoever...
Yes, indeed! There's nothing wrong with northern NLV. 89031 offers some of the best values in the valley.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:28 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,112,501 times
With regard to the City of North Las Vegas, what exactly are it's boundaries? Is Providence consider To be in the city of North Las Vegas' boundaries?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 AM

210 posts, read 449,604 times
https://www.google.com/maps/preview/...c7fa13f5acf526

Google map North Las Vegas. Decatur Blvd east from where it intersect with Ranch Blvd. To Owen Pecos & Lamb.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
thanks for the info, however the Pardee homes start at $285,000 for the first model and go up from there to the mid $300's before any upgrades so there are homes selling for that outside Aliante. I may drive up and check them out anyway just to see the area, it may be a bit farther out than I would like anyway.

now off to catch a plane..thanks for the feedback everyone
That was the point. There is effectively the one small Pardee neighborhood going well over $300K while the rest of that Pardee development are in the mid $200s. So you effectively own the most expensive house in the entire city. Though the home is not as nice as less expensive ones down the road. Nothing wrong with the houses. Just a guarantee they will not significantly appreciate for a long time.

NLV western edge is Decatur. The area to the west of Decatur is mostly in the City of Las Vegas with the remainder in Clark County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas