Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:43 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,807,886 times

Advertisements

Why North Las Vegas pig farmer isn't ready to push back from the buffet - Las Vegas Sun News

Here they go again read the article and post your opinion. I wonder if we should move the airport also because of the noise? Does anyone have a time history about this article?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 AM

629 posts, read 1,175,178 times
Pigs are sweet, intelligent animals. Human slavery used to be considered "okay," until one day, it wasn't. I hope one day humans evolve their thoughts and actions, and stop treating sentient beings this way.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:24 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
As someone that lives down the street, pass by it 4 times daily and has a daughter that goes to the school directly across the street from the farm...the farmer was here first, everything else came second. Of course it stinks sometimes but we knew that before buying our home. The guy has the right to stay.

RC Farms also has plenty of horse riders training and practicing with their horses, lots of 4 wheeling, dog training and plenty if exotic birds that you don't normally see up here.

It's not that bad. I do sometimes wonder what will happen to nearby home values once it closes down or the guy sells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2x4yXxrJD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPflsma0R6k

Motorola DynaTAC 8000x

Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz420 View Post
Pigs are sweet, intelligent animals. Human slavery used to be considered "okay," until one day, it wasn't. I hope one day humans evolve their thoughts and actions, and stop treating sentient beings this way.
You do know that there are countries that eat dogs and cats right. I was stationed in one of them.

I assume that you are a vegan that does not consume any type of animal product.

Human slaves eventually overcame slavery. If pigs are intelligent enough, I am sure they will overcome becoming bacon.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 AM

10 posts, read 29,449 times
Four legs good, two legs better!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:22 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,461 times
Quote:

you know... sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't eat that sucker, but bacon tastes good.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
If more people thought like you do, the world would be a better place.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,966 times
I remember driving north on 5th and being only able to turn left on Ann Road because there was no other roads abutting Mr. Combs property. That was only 10 years ago!!. We actually purchased in the community adjacent to the pig farm as it was the only development out there and this was right before the real estate craze started where people were camping out and taking numbers (Crazy times). I remember literally running to the model home office and claiming my lot in the last phase. The next week is when things really froze up.

I don't really care one way or the other about him being out there. The smell is only bad about once a month and now after being away for a while; whenever we smell it, we inhale and say, "ah, the smell of home". Mind you, I have memories of visiting family members who lived in farm country. I do wonder what is going to happen when he passes. If his family will continue to run the business or who will come in and what will they do with the land.

My biggest concern is the increase in crime in the area. I'm prepared to be proactive and go to my civic leaders to put the brakes on that growing problem. But as a resident, I see the pig farm as small potatoes.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:08 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,038,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 702Scott View Post
Four legs good, two legs better!
As depicted in the post-apocalyptic movie The Road.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
the farmer was here first, everything else came second. Of course it stinks sometimes but we knew that before buying our home.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas