Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:25 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,846,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Just found this bad boy: SSC Aero: Information and Much More from Answers.com Wow: Shelby SuperCars (http://www.shelbysupercars.com/car-specs.php - broken link)
I can't remember the name of the dealer, but the exotic dealer on S. Eastern towards Anthem is the only authorized dealer in the US that I know of. I believe that it has officially beaten the Veyron's land speed record as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 10:29 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
I can't remember the name of the dealer, but the exotic dealer on S. Eastern towards Anthem is the only authorized dealer in the US that I know of.
9500 S Eastern #110---- I wonder how many they've sold? At @1100hp, and a price tag of @500k, they seem to be a bargain. The Bugatti's still the quickest at 0-60, but the SSC has the top speed title. Toys I can't afford.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:38 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
9500 S Eastern #110---- I wonder how many they've sold? At @1100hp, and a price tag of @500k, they seem to be a bargain. The Bugatti's still the quickest at 0-60, but the SSC has the top speed title. Toys I can't afford.
and at MY age [66] toys I couldn't get my a$% into lol

Old 04-19-2008, 12:26 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,819 times
Seems China and Italy are producing counterfeits: BBC NEWS | Europe | Italy arrests 'fake Ferrari' gang

Old 04-19-2008, 01:37 AM

359 posts, read 1,407,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Exotic car owners that I've met are not real gear heads anyways. They do not know what the difference between compression ratio or Volumetric efficiency, or Natural aspirated vs. power adder? I am a gear head and have a lot of knowledge about cars in general. But I know there are guys that own fast exotic cars that do not like to see tail lights of a Mustang or Corvette while their 1/2 million dollar car is getting smoked (no one likes to get smoked right?)
yea i have to agree with you on there. i guess ppl just buy these exotic cars just for what they are. not what they can do. there was a video of a lancer evo 9 i think out turning a gallardo or a murcielago. 33'gs compared to lambo's 6 figure price. not like i can fit in one anyways lol

Old 04-19-2008, 07:40 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,672 times
The EVO killed a F430 on Top Gear too. Almost 8 seconds faster around the track, faster in the 0 to 60 to 0 and pulled more g's on the skidpad. With a 4 cylinder!!! Ferraris are eye candy for men wishing to compensate for something. Thats all.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,846,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
The EVO killed a F430 on Top Gear too. Almost 8 seconds faster around the track, faster in the 0 to 60 to 0 and pulled more g's on the skidpad. With a 4 cylinder!!! Ferraris are eye candy for men wishing to compensate for something. Thats all.
As I previously said, that was not a stock US spec EVO. That was an EVO FQ-400. Not available in the states and pushing the 50K pound mark. You do the currency conversion.

The EVO FQ-400 never went up against the F430, only the Murci.

YouTube - Evo MR FQ400 vs Lambo Murcielago

As you can see it did not kill it, but kept up with it nicely. As you can also see they did one heck of an edit job. I could never believe that a car with a power to weight ratio of 8.1 lbs per hp could perform on par with a car with a 6.25 lbs per hp PWR. Show me a source for your stats or quit spouting them as fact.

On another note, here is a video of a Noble M400 handing the FQ it's azz. Ironically they are about the same price in the UK. The big difference here is that the M400 IS available in the states.
YouTube - Mitsubishi Evo 8 FQ400 v Noble M400 - Shoot-Outs

Ferrari's are not always eye candy for men wishing to compensate for something, although I will admit that many times they are. However, you take a ride in a 430 Scuderia, 360 Challange Stradale, an F40, an F50, an Enzo or better yet some track time with an FXX and I guarantee that how the car looks will be the last thing on your mind. Not only that but many owners choose to purchase because of the heritage and engineering. I'm sure that my cell phone tells time just as well as a Breguet Tourbillon, but if I had the funds I would buy that tourbillon in a second due to the fact that Breguet has been hand making watches with some of the most complicated movements for 400 years (they also invented the tourbillon). Get my point?

Old 04-20-2008, 11:56 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
and I guess if you can afford a Ferrari, you can afford the speeding tickets that CJSKI is ginna write lol

Old 04-20-2008, 02:46 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,710,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
As I previously said, that was not a stock US spec EVO. That was an EVO FQ-400. Not available in the states and pushing the 50K pound mark. You do the currency conversion.

The EVO FQ-400 never went up against the F430, only the Murci.

YouTube - Evo MR FQ400 vs Lambo Murcielago

As you can see it did not kill it, but kept up with it nicely. As you can also see they did one heck of an edit job. I could never believe that a car with a power to weight ratio of 8.1 lbs per hp could perform on par with a car with a 6.25 lbs per hp PWR. Show me a source for your stats or quit spouting them as fact.

On another note, here is a video of a Noble M400 handing the FQ it's azz. Ironically they are about the same price in the UK. The big difference here is that the M400 IS available in the states.
YouTube - Mitsubishi Evo 8 FQ400 v Noble M400 - Shoot-Outs

Ferrari's are not always eye candy for men wishing to compensate for something, although I will admit that many times they are. However, you take a ride in a 430 Scuderia, 360 Challange Stradale, an F40, an F50, an Enzo or better yet some track time with an FXX and I guarantee that how the car looks will be the last thing on your mind. Not only that but many owners choose to purchase because of the heritage and engineering. I'm sure that my cell phone tells time just as well as a Breguet Tourbillon, but if I had the funds I would buy that tourbillon in a second due to the fact that Breguet has been hand making watches with some of the most complicated movements for 400 years (they also invented the tourbillon). Get my point?

When it comes down to it, the culture we have here in the US is a little different than that of Japan or Europe when it comes to performance. In America, we look at a stop light to stoplight warrior than a technical track demon. A shelby GT500 KR or Corvette ZR-1 is going to turn a lot more people on because of price. If that ZR-1 can smoke a Ferrari that is 2x or 3x its price. This stems back from the muscle car days when Mopar started to make barebone cars with awesome hp to weight. The early 60's Savoy max wedge comes to mind, then later the Hemi Roadrunners, Big Block chevy's and specialty Fords by Shelby. I know of a modded 2004 SVT Cobra that is putting 700HP to the floor and will hang with 1liter cycles and most street legal cars. Then again, these cars are really not technical track worthy, but it sure will be fun at the drag strip..since the drag strip is way more popular anyways.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:50 PM

359 posts, read 1,407,511 times
yea not only that, we cant find any good mountain passes here with hairpin turns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas