Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 03:33 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,724,207 times

Advertisements

Lola's for NOLA style cooking. Archi's for Thai yes I like hot food. Lotus of Siam is that good but seems to be a overpriced tourist trap to me. Aburiya Raku for Korean BBQ, best in the valley. You got to go to LA Koreatown for anything better. Gyu Kaku for Yakiniku. Jinya for ramen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 10:13 AM

27 posts, read 56,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
+1

Worth the drive, close by for me.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:17 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoccer99 View Post
Dona Marias Tamales is a great mexican restaurant (although not everyone will agree)

And Musashi Japanese Steakhouse(teppanyaki dining) is a must!!! Call ahead tho it gets busy and if possible request Tiger ( He is the owner)

I love Dona Maria's, I mentioned them upthread. AWESOME margs. I have only been to the Summerlin location. How is the other one, have you been?

Old 06-24-2016, 12:03 PM

553 posts, read 1,208,961 times
Chada Thai & Wine on Jones near Spring Mountain has excellent Thai food at reasonable prices.

If you like vegan food (or haven't tried it yet) check out Violette's Vegan for organic vegan meals on Desert Inn and Durango or VegeNation on Carson and 6th Street (near Fremont St. Experience).

Nora's on Flamingo near Jones is a hidden gem for Italian food.

Joyful House on Spring Mountain near Arville has great Asian food.

For Pizza, try Naked City on Arville near Desert Inn for buffalo style pizza; Settebello at The District in Green Valley Ranch for Neopalitan style pizza; and Secret Pizza in The Cosmpolitan for New York City style pizza.

For sushi, it's Kabuto on Spring Mountain west of Decatur (in the same plaza as Raku). It's hard to find, but worth the effort. Any other sushi joint pales in comparison.

Happy dining!

Old 06-24-2016, 12:15 PM

452 posts, read 336,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I love Dona Maria's, I mentioned them upthread. AWESOME margs. I have only been to the Summerlin location. How is the other one, have you been?
I have also only been to the Summerlin location (It is right down the street for me), if you are in the area I would also check out El Burrito I love their chips and salsa and their green burritos

Old 06-25-2016, 06:17 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times
Le Thai in downtown. Oh, and Eat. It's also downtown.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:56 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Le Thai in downtown. Oh, and Eat. It's also downtown.
I love Le Thai. Hope to get there when u visit next month. I love sitting on their covered patio under the misters drinking a nice cold Singha

Old 06-25-2016, 07:08 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Does anyone have Sushi Restaurant recommendations?

A new one opened near me - Sushi Hiro on Easter south of 215. It was very good; they had some items on their menu I don't normally find such as toro (fatty belly of tuna - just melts in your mouth) and white tuna (also melts in your mouth). It has only been open a short while; I hope they make it.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:18 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Does anyone have Sushi Restaurant recommendations?

A new one opened near me - Sushi Hiro on Easter south of 215. It was very good; they had some items on their menu I don't normally find such as toro (fatty belly of tuna - just melts in your mouth) and white tuna (also melts in your mouth). It has only been open a short while; I hope they make it.
Going to try that, I really like Hiroba, which is also on Eastern a little further south

Some other random places I really like: Boiling Crab, Lucky Thai, Chada (Thai), Blaze (Pizza), Yonaka (Sushi), Soho (Sushi)

Old 06-27-2016, 03:58 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
Love the new Ramen Kobo in Spring Valley on Durango. Wonderful meal and the price is right. We ordered Pork Belly Bowl, Chashu Bowl, Miso Ramen and Tonkotsu Ramen. All delicious. Only set back is the wait time during lunch hour. Small restaurant and very busy.

Pier 215, Starbucks, EOS Fitness, Cafe Rio are just some of the tenants in this brand new commercial center. Great place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas