Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 09:53 AM

21 posts, read 17,386 times

Advertisements

I've seen differences of opinion here and there, but I'm wondering which neighborhood has worse traffic going to the downtown area/howard huges parkway area......Summerlin or Seven Hills? It seems to me that it would take longer if you lived in Summerlin, but I had an Uber driver tell me living in Henderson would take longer. And I'm talking about morning/evening work commute only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 10:20 AM

792 posts, read 1,302,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGarrett View Post
I've seen differences of opinion here and there, but I'm wondering which neighborhood has worse traffic going to the downtown area/howard huges parkway area......Summerlin or Seven Hills? It seems to me that it would take longer if you lived in Summerlin, but I had an Uber driver tell me living in Henderson would take longer. And I'm talking about morning/evening work commute only.
I predicted, long before Pepcon rearranged the landscape out in Henderson, that one day, Henderson would be the largest city in Nevada...I stand by that opinion. "Summerlin" is what it is....other than infringing on the natural beauty of Red Rock...it is what it is. Travel time is subjective to time and distance...there is no real major arterial leading directly from either to HH Parkway...there is no right answer !

Old 09-30-2016, 12:25 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
By Las Vegas standards either of these commutes can be tough. But by California standards they are a pleasant walk in the park. One thing worth knowing is the Spaghetti Bowl will be under MAJOR construction for the next several years! That's worth taking under consideration. That project alone may give Henderson an edge.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Seven Hills or similar will have a 5 to 10 minute edge. But you can't go up the hill to Anthem or you lose that. That is to Hughes Pkwy. Downtown will run 5 or 10 minutes favorable to Summerlin.

Both routes would be subject to bad traffic snarls where you would need to allow 15 or 20 minutes to be sure of being on time.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:50 PM

21 posts, read 17,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Seven Hills or similar will have a 5 to 10 minute edge. But you can't go up the hill to Anthem or you lose that. That is to Hughes Pkwy. Downtown will run 5 or 10 minutes favorable to Summerlin.

Both routes would be subject to bad traffic snarls where you would need to allow 15 or 20 minutes to be sure of being on time.
Perfect, just what I wanted to know. If 5-10 minutes is the only difference then I'm not going to worry about it, and if the entire commute is 20 minutes tops then I'm going to be the happiest person on the road.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Perfect, just what I wanted to know. If 5-10 minutes is the only difference then I'm not going to worry about it, and if the entire commute is 20 minutes tops then I'm going to be the happiest person on the road.
I would plan around 30 minutes as a 90% on time arrival. Add whatever safety factor you think rational. You can do it in 22 or 23 minutes off peak.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:26 PM

561 posts, read 681,685 times
As a third option, you can also live in Centennial Hills and catch the Centennial Express to either of those locations. 20 minutes to downtown. 40 to Howard Hughes. Not as comfortable as driving your own car, sure, but quite a bit cheaper in terms of gas, wear and tear, etc. Get work done or relax while you let someone else drive you to work.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:38 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Wait. Which one? Howard Hughes Parkway or Downtown?

Old 09-30-2016, 06:07 PM

529 posts, read 512,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Wait. Which one? Howard Hughes Parkway or Downtown?
I was wondering same thing. If OP means Howard Hughes Pky, that isn't downtown. Summerlin South is probably the answer. Go straight down Desert Inn to Paradise. It is about 20-25 minutes.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:21 PM

Comeon guys. I answered the question correctly initially. Read the posts. It is quicker to get to HHughes by cutting under the airport from Seven Hills.

It is quicker to get to downtown from Summerlin.

Nothing magical just where the two places are located.

And OP has it right. For most neither is an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas