Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:12 AM

15,868 posts, read 14,487,406 times

Advertisements

There's a story here, and I can't wait to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 09:45 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
There's a story here, and I can't wait to hear it.

Indeed. Anyone making popcorn?

Old 10-28-2016, 10:07 AM

73 posts, read 88,773 times
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been around to give updates here... but if you all really want to learn more about the whole situation you can visit the active BMW community forum here

Thanks for all your support!

Also if there is a moderator reading this, could you update the original post to RECOVERED status?

Last edited by caltrinity; 10-28-2016 at 10:18 AM..

Old 10-29-2016, 06:59 AM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
I looked at those pictures and it looks like whoever stole it was living in it. Looks like they pretty much trashed it, too. You have to wonder if it will ever be the same.

If it was my car, I wouldn't want it after that fiasco. Get it fixed and trade it in.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:55 PM

261 posts, read 235,234 times
Glad that you got it back.

Just some thoughts, don't waste everyones time calling attorneys. make a claim, sine you have no loss aside from the car, you are wasting your time. I have been in this business for over 30 years, know most everyone, Lojack, PD's, insurance industry.

On Lojack, once the car is in NCIC, they will send out a signal for the transponder to activate, and it will work from inside a container, GPS WILL NOT! The PD tracks it, best with airship as they can get a signal from 10 miles out.

Nothing is safe with all of the CA AB 109 parolees and prop 47 tweakers out and about, and I mean NOTHING.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:51 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,590,272 times
Have to disagree with boatpi on this one. Filing a claim against your own insurance is not necessarily a good idea. First, there is his deductible which may be anywhere from $0 to $500 or more. This comes out of his pocket. Also the tow from the scene where the car was found likely will be on his dime assuming he doesn't have tow coverage.

Second he now would have a claim on his policy. Depending on what company he is with can affect his rates in the future.

Additionally if he was thinking about changing insurance companies this certainly will be taken into consideration by any new Insurance company. All this due to no fault of his own.

Of course if he exhausts all options outside of his own insurance then he would be forced to use it. Hopefully the insurance company makes an effort to subrogate against the Dealer but that's not a given.

Don't expect to get a dime out of the suspect even if the court orders restitution ain't gonna happen.

Old 10-31-2016, 03:32 PM

261 posts, read 235,234 times
I do claims, a claim like this should never effect his premiums. The tow bill is part of the theft claim, covered.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:04 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,590,272 times
Actually that decision is left to the Underwriting division, not claims.
How A Car Theft Claim Affects Auto Insurance Rates | AutoInsuranceQuote.com

Old 11-04-2016, 09:43 AM

73 posts, read 88,773 times
Hi everyone,

I am happy to announce that I have reached a settlement with BMW of Las Vegas that will enable me to move on and have closure on the car issue.

After speaking extensively with the general manager of BMW of Las Vegas and hearing the stories of widespread security lapses at dealerships here in Las Vegas, it is evident that we need comprehensive security reform procedures. There were a myriad of security breaches that the GM has shared that has been deeply troubling for me personally, but also for my community as a whole. I raised my concerns on numerous occasions throughout this entire process and the dealership has reassured me that they are taking the appropriate measures, however, no specific details were divulged. Nonetheless, it is my hope that this thread will at least be one step to increase awareness of these security protocol issues at dealerships nationwide.

When I started this thread weeks ago, I have stated that this is a cause bigger than myself, bigger than getting back my meticulously cared for car -- it is a cause to raise awareness -- thank you for allowing me to do so.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the the overwhelming support and advice that you all have provided. Your kind thoughts and wishes either written or unwritten has made all the difference in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: