Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 10:15 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,269 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Henderson in just a few weeks and just signed for a 2bed/2bath apartment.
I would like to find a roommate to move in and half the rent with me. Can anyone give me resources on where to search for people looking for housing? I am aware there are subsections on craigslist, I'm wondering if anyone knows any other resources besides that.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 10:22 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Get married. Live with her for 10 years. Find the exact opposite of her. Enjoy your perfect roommate.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:20 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,055 times
Maybe ask around at church ?

Old 01-30-2017, 09:35 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,030,668 times
Last two posts showing the diversity of this forum.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:28 PM

469 posts, read 494,537 times
1. Get to know some people first really well (Co-Workers/Aquantiences).
2. Have a high standard for Friends.
3. Most importantly "Trust No One" in the beginning .

Old 01-30-2017, 09:31 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Have an astrologer help you!

I astrologically screened my current roommate of 17 years and we're like 2 peas in a pod, and it can be a problem, we're too compatible!

I screen for avoiding gamblers and people who don't have their feet on the ground, and there's too many of those in this city!

Just make sure they have some key earth placements in their chart (Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn).

Old 01-30-2017, 09:55 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Have an astrologer help you!

I astrologically screened my current roommate of 17 years and we're like 2 peas in a pod, and it can be a problem, we're too compatible!

I screen for avoiding gamblers and people who don't have their feet on the ground, and there's too many of those in this city!

Just make sure they have some key earth placements in their chart (Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn).

Old 02-06-2017, 03:07 PM

111 posts, read 139,463 times
I have lived with roommates since moving to Vegas full time. I used Craigslist to find a place to live and then used it to find roommates for my own place. I would say it is a numbers game. Just meet a bunch of people and weed out the weirdos. There are a ton of unreliable, irresponsible, and dangerous idiots who live in roommate setups in Las Vegas.

If you think about it, most people live with roommates for financial reasons and finances tend to separate social classes pretty efficiently. Heck, you can get an apartment in LV for $600 or the same square footage in Summerlin or another nicer neighborhood for $1200+. That is why so many people on a roommate budget tend to be the "bad neighborhood" people. These people can't get a higher paying job for the same reason they would be bad roommates (irresponsible with money and time, late, rude, don't pick up on non-verbal cues, and don't pick up on VERBAL cues, etc.)

Sometimes you get lucky and get a person who is good to live with and someone you would befriend who is looking for a roommates situation. Sometimes, they are new to the area and still getting settled and want something short term or maybe they are having a rough patch and need to save money, or maybe they are just frugal and are willing to exchange privacy for savings on rent/mortgage.

I currently live with a great roommate who has the money to live by himself but was looking for a roommate to help with a pet (he's at work a lot and pet is lonely). I stumbled upon his ad on Craigslist and just happened to get lucky. I did meet with a few other people and he was the clear favorite. You really have to be a good judge of character when you meet people.

Good luck!

Old 02-07-2017, 05:30 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,269 times
Thanks all and especially whataboutyou, those are great points and think I have it all worked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: