Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM

8 posts, read 10,800 times

Advertisements

jeesh alot of pages and i couldnt find an answer, im obviously new to vegashowever i have lived in a rather large city all my life, so crime is not new, my questions is, what are the better neigborhoods or yet better subcounties ie: summerlin, the lakes,spring valley,henderson. just curious.right now im looking to move to the western part of vegas. west flamingo area .

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 09:15 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboinlimbo View Post
jeesh alot of pages and i couldnt find an answer, im obviously new to vegashowever i have lived in a rather large city all my life, so crime is not new, my questions is, what are the better neigborhoods or yet better subcounties ie: summerlin, the lakes,spring valley,henderson. just curious.right now im looking to move to the western part of vegas. west flamingo area .

thanks
Go to the crime map.

Crime in Las Vegas

Any place green or yellow.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboinlimbo View Post

thanks
There are no sub-counties. It's only one and that's Clark County.

Summerlin, The Lakes, Spring Valley are all "areas" located in the Las Vegas Valley (mostly in the western part of the valley) all pretty good for the most part.

Henderson is a separate city from Las Vegas, just slightly southeast of Las Vegas, but there is no separation between the two. You can literally go down a street in Las Vegas and the next block over is Henderson. There is no distance of land between the two cities. Henderson is OK as well.

West Flamingo area is OK, depending on where, you got some parts of
West Flamingo that are quite old, and some that are quite new...the closer to the Strip, the less new it becomes.

Have you ever been here before? Best bet is to take a fact finding trip here first, you can't get a good idea of "nice" areas until you see them for yourself.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:17 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
crime here is only bad if you're the victim....48 years here and it's never been bad...so the answer is NO theres no crime here.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Speaking of victims....what's the real story behind the death of that sweet-looking 25 year-old LPGA star? The fact that they are not releasing any details, suggests crime has occurred there.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Speaking of victims....what's the real story behind the death of that sweet-looking 25 year-old LPGA star? The fact that they are not releasing any details, suggests crime has occurred there.
Uh..no. The fact that they are not releasing any details usually means it was a media/publicity nightmare and they need time to do an autopsy and cover up the truth before it's released to the public...

Old 05-11-2010, 01:32 PM

25 posts, read 54,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
crime here is only bad if you're the victim....48 years here and it's never been bad...so the answer is NO theres no crime here.
Wow. Very telling remark.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Old 05-11-2010, 03:15 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Uh..no. The fact that they are not releasing any details usually means it was a media/publicity nightmare and they need time to do an autopsy and cover up the truth before it's released to the public...
I bet her car was stolen, too.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I bet her car was stolen, too.
It's on the news right now, the coroner is awaiting toxicology reports...doesn't appear to have been crime related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas