Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 01:35 PM

469 posts, read 494,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSpark View Post
LOL! My neighbor pushed her scammy MLM the first week of residence! This thread is funny and very sad at the same time.
Hahaha. Could you imagine running into nothing but people in marketing here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 08:16 PM

505 posts, read 584,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Lulz! Why am I not surprised? Which was it? MaryKay? ScamWay? LulaRoe? The last time someone tried to solicit me was in Target. I just roll my eyes at this point. In some ways it sucks though, because it makes you not even want to deal with people.
It was Rodam & Fields junk. Then one more time with her dumb eye-lash extensions. Homeless solicit all over this city - library, grocery store, parking lot at Red Rocks, gas stations. The most hostile vagrant I encountered hit my car with his fist when I wouldn't look at him at a red light, near Freemont Street. I understand - I'm also weary of anyone approaching me when I'm out. It's ridiculous here and I seldom enjoy even leaving my house.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:18 PM

505 posts, read 584,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
Hahaha. Could you imagine running into nothing but people in marketing here?
That's all people seem to do here is market their own agenda. Even at wine tasting. Met a friendly lady and exchanged numbers. Her ulterior motive was to push her personal training sessions on me.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:07 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
You haven’t been here long enough to get burned or disappointed or used. Your tune will change when you’ve been here a couple years. It took me 5 years to realize that Vegas isn’t for me anymore.
I am not being naive when I say that the people I hang out with and are friends with are not the kind that burn and use others. I'm sure those types are out there, but it's insulting to say my friends are like that.

We are not drunks, gamblers, or druggies, and I am not dumb enough or desparate enough to hang out with someone that is.

And if Vegas isn't for you, you are making the right decision and leaving, but you are making the wrong assumption that everyone will have the same bad experiences as you.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:11 AM

469 posts, read 494,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I am not being naive when I say that the people I hang out with and are friends with are not the kind that burn and use others. I'm sure those types are out there, but it's insulting to say my friends are like that.

We are not drunks, gamblers, or druggies, and I am not dumb enough or desparate enough to hang out with someone that is.

And if Vegas isn't for you, you are making the right decision and leaving, but you are making the wrong assumption that everyone will have the same bad experiences as you.
The real question is are your friends MLM?

Old 04-13-2018, 12:59 PM

799 posts, read 708,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post

Most hot rodders are pretty down to earth people. Not everyone understands just how much work and effort go into them.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:49 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,849 times
What is MLM?

Old 04-13-2018, 06:06 PM

581 posts, read 456,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
What is MLM?
Multi-Level Marketing Company. Basically a company that operates under the guise of "get rich quick" and lures in naive,unsuspecting people who usually end up losing their shirts. Examples are MaryKay, Amway, LipSense, Scentsy etc.

To put it in very simplified terms, you sign on with a company to sell their products. You earn commission based on your sales and if you sign people up to sell under you, you earn commission off their sales as well. Think pyramid. Sounds great until you realize the only people who make any real money are the ones very high up at the apex. Everyone below toils away for little to nothing before giving up entirely.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:57 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,849 times
Wow. MLMs have been around forever. My grandma was a MaryKay lady and a few tiers up. I guess I should have known how bad it was with the number of Herbal Life people on social media. Lol. Sad.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:12 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
We are a car club. Our members share a common interest in our cars, and we are all friends. Nobody tries to sell anybody anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas